• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

tatsuki

icgoC7jNADSBn.png

One3rd

Are you forcing any kind of AA for this game or are you just downsampling? Because I've had no luck forcing AA.
I was using GeDoSaTo for the ease of resolution changes and HUD removal so no driver forced AA. Those images were about 30MP with SMAA added through GeDoSaTo. Seems to get rid of most of the aliasing even at 4k which is what I played it at.

You can use keybinds to change the resolution on the fly for screenshots if you want, details here.

Feast your eyes on the glory that is chromatic aberration.

15043665154_7a6ca57f48_o.jpg

15044343953_828e69b4bc_o.jpg

I've been trying to work in a free camera, but this game crashes cheat engine if you simply breath funny. The camera also auto-centers if you move it around. Can't seem to fix that....

Parsnip

Hey jim, does any of the post processing levels turn it off? If they don't update that game with a CA toggle at some point I'm probably going to have to settle for whatever PP level turns it off, and hope that nothing else cool is turned off at that level. Their implementation quite literally makes my eyes water.

15663529161_e2f97b6341_o.jpg

15480252987_8a7bddcf36_o.jpg

Hey jim, does any of the post processing levels turn it off? If they don't update that game with a CA toggle at some point I'm probably going to have to settle for whatever PP level turns it off, and hope that nothing else cool is turned off at that level. Their implementation quite literally makes my eyes water.

Post processing is all or nothing. The only way to remove CA is to completely disable all post processing. At which point the game looks just as bad for other reasons.

Combat in this game is meaty though, which I like. And the game does look gorgeous in motion. The CA is the worst in screenshots when you can stop and focus on it.

15663529161_e2f97b6341_o.jpg

15480252987_8a7bddcf36_o.jpg

Post processing is all or nothing. The only way to remove CA is to completely disable all post processing. At which point the game looks just as bad for other reasons.

Combat in this game is meaty though, which I like. And the game does look gorgeous in motion. The CA is the worst in screenshots when you can stop and focus on it.
IMO, start a petition on the steam forums for the option.I bet the devs would listen. Turning CA off would definitely make this game look better. Or at least, the ability to lessen and control it

IMO, start a petition on the steam forums for the option.I bet the devs would listen. Turning CA off would definitely make this game look better. Or at least, the ability to lessen and control it

There are threads for it on the steam community page. They haven't been labeled as "petition" but they get the point across. And now it's multiple threads. I do hope they listen.

Parsnip

Ah, crap. Someone pasted the setting ini in the OT and the PP setting there had like 5 steps so I assumed it was like that.
I tried to tweet the dev about it before the game was out but got no reply, hopefully they'll listen to the people talking about it in the Steam forums.

orava

I've been trying to work in a free camera, but this game crashes cheat engine if you simply breath funny. The camera also auto-centers if you move it around. Can't seem to fix that....

The game uses a aggressive copy protection called execryptor which probably does not play nicely with cheat engine.

Why would they not at least make the CA toggle-able in that? Did they really think it wouldn't be a problem, especially at those overblown levels?
Sigh.. have some aliens.

ai2014-10-2917-26-23-fwskb.jpg

ai2014-10-2902-30-08-y9snm.jpg

I was using GeDoSaTo for the ease of resolution changes and HUD removal so no driver forced AA. Those images were about 30MP with SMAA added through GeDoSaTo. Seems to get rid of most of the aliasing even at 4k which is what I played it at.

You can use keybinds to change the resolution on the fly for screenshots if you want, details here.

Thanks, made a little mod myself with the helix debugger

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xbfvuq0cj0os838/wolverinefix.rar

-Toggle the entire HUD on and off with the TAB key
-Removes the claw trails visual effects
-Removes the rage orbs (you collect them automatically so you don't need to see them anyway)
-Removes the weird explosion effect when you punch enemies

15665792401_d1c6cd6cc6_o.png

15644753006_d67bc2cb0d_o.png

Don't think it matters if it's PNG or JPEG at 100%!

Here's a quick comparison, both are downsampled at 100% quality!

PNG

15483485609_e5e84a6750_o.png

JPEG

15484158507_92ce8d8276_o.jpg

Proper JPG

Your JPG still looks compressed. Although mine still looks worse than the PNG. First time I've ever seen that.

Also... 14MB PNG? What the heck are you saving that with.

2.2MB PNG. I see no difference.

For that game, I'd be saving PNGs with FastStone. Max compression. Paeth filter.

One3rd

Top Bottom