• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Wanny

f1tusww.png

f2efslx.png

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
skyrim_2rdusr.png

skyrim_145ueq.png

No mods, just some AA and AO added via GeDoSaTo. Much better than before anyway.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Not sure, it uses a d3d9.dll file and if GeDoSaTo does too it would clash.

If you use Intercept Only System DLL's option, it's compatible with stuff like that.

That's how I was able to play Dark Souls II in 3D with a 3D fix + ENB all together with GeDoSaTo.

It's great for being able to downsample 3D games.

The Witcher 2

@4k with all options except super sampling maxed out

ZVgb.jpg

(..and still bringing GPU's to their knees with cut scenes running @ 10-15fps on Asus 970, actual gameplay @ 25-30fps...definitely going have to get that second 970)

UnrealEck

I never really thought Witcher 2 was a technical marvel. It looked good but it didn't make use of hardware all that well.
I like his mascara though.

Lords of the Fallen will look amazing when they fix the CA.

The image quality in a lot of recent games is actually more impressive than I first thought. Spent a couple weeks playing a bunch of older games and didn't appreciate the levels we'd reached until looking back.

15060671084_116d32b9b5_o.jpg

15494731059_6ed290327c_o.jpg

Don't want to go overboard with this game before I can remove the bloody CA, so this is all for now.

15496465629_de75283985_o.jpg

15496943418_0de1268d0a_o.jpg

Some really strange artifacts in that 2nd shot (in the shadows along the back wall)

^ The statue totally isn't buying his size claims :p

PCars keeps patching every time I log into Steam so thought I'd check it out for the first time in months.

15687826555_833c642b45_o.jpg

15502436838_faed2f74b2_o.jpg

BONKERS

Has anyone gotten any kind of AA working in Alien Isolation? I was using DSR to downsample from 3K and it still has that 'shimmer' on edges

It will never happen unless any GPU vendor takes any kind of initiative.

Or the developers retroactively fix it at the shading/rendering level along with a patch to change the FMVs done in-engine to real time with some loading screens that will also remove the ridiculous stuttering during FMVs.

I doubt either will happen.

Speaking of Alien, dear lord almighty, with CA disabled the game looks SOooooooo goood.. (Aliasing aside)

Evolve looks better without it too
A beauty with the new DSR for Kepler. Downsampled from 4K.

I hope you realize, capturing screenshots while using DSR, is essentially the same as regular downsampling right?

No filter is applied to the framebuffer with DSR until it's downsampled. The game and your display are both set as if that resolution is your native.

That's why screenshots come out at rendering resolution.

So if you are resizing these again before uploading. Really is no different than before.

Teremap

Banned
Seriously, rogues and ninjas as far as the eye can see. Dungeon queues are a mess.

Also, note the Roegadyn rogue taking a boot to the chocobo's... ahem.

ffxiv.exe_DX9_20141030_040150.jpg

ffxiv.exe_DX9_20141101_224100.jpg

Top Bottom