• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
15421363779_8a516303c4_o.jpg

Are you forcing any kind of AA for this game or are you just downsampling? Because I've had no luck forcing AA.

Yeah, I can't stand the low sample motion blur implementations that so many games have. Why can't devs just include a higher option for people who have the PC performance to handle it?

I feel that way about every effect in every game ever :p

Give me better anti-aliasing. Give me higher res texture. Higher quality depth of field. My GPU can handle it!

Here's a few Evil Within shots. I was too lazy to position my character in an interesting way. So he's just staring into space for no reason...

15007429383_3017a97484_o.jpg

PhilGPT

Playing at 4K
MSAA x 4
ShadowScale 8
EnableCoverageSampling true
ScalingType bicubic
Postprocessing from GeDoSaTo
Getting around 20-30 FPS on a GTX 670 2GB OC'd

And thanks N1ghtW4lk3R :)
Yeah, Duncan's shots are great (as they should be, he's a pro) :)

Yeah, but i think that many of PhilGPT ss are just as good as those of Duncan. There're many able and good screenshooters here and on Flickr, besides him.

What I meant to point out was FFXIII's art. That's what is incredible. And when you asked what was incredible, I thought you were dissing the game. The asset quality is iffy here and there but it's still a gorgeous game.

I'm not trying to take away anything from anyone posting in this thread :p But you have to respect the shear amount of effort that Duncan is putting into his cheat engine table. If you've followed his progress in some of those DET threads, you'd think he'd given up by now. But he hasn't. He's hunting down all the routines responsible for controlling animations and disabling them for timestop, which is far more than I've ever done. And I think it's paying off. The game's art deserves to be explored because it's damn impressive. He's doing his best to make sure that's possible (along with Durante).

What I meant to point out was FFXIII's art. That's what is incredible. And when you asked what was incredible, I thought you were dissing the game. The asset quality is iffy here and there but it's still a gorgeous game.

I'm not trying to take away anything from anyone posting in this thread :p But you have to respect the shear amount of effort that Duncan is putting into his cheat engine table. If you've followed his progress in some of those DET threads, you'd think he'd given up by now. But he hasn't. He's hunting down all the routines responsible for controlling animations and disabling them for timestop, which is far more than I've ever done. And I think it's paying off. The game's art deserves to be explored because it's damn impressive. He's doing his best to make sure that's possible (along with Durante).

Sure..FFXIII is amazing, great art style and awesome locations. I think that it will be the next title that i'll play after TEW.

I'm forever grateful to everyone that work on CE for give us a chance of take the best that every game has to offer. Duncan, YOU (or someone else).

Thanks.

Ignoring the ranger guy, I'm getting a big Shadow of the Colossus vibe from this picture - mainly the ruins.

Also, I really need to get a monitor that can go portrait.

You can do it too! They're just using the camera tilt to rotate it like that. Capturing in 16:9 and rotating after.

I prefer to create custom 3:4 resolutions and switch to them in-game (easier to line up shots that way). But the rotation method still works if you like super narrow portraits.

You can do it too! They're just using the camera tilt to rotate it like that. Capturing in 16:9 and rotating after.

I prefer to create custom 3:4 resolutions and switch to them in-game (easier to line up shots that way). But the rotation method still works if you like super narrow portraits.

I have my monitor on a wall mounted swing arm, so much freedom

Top Bottom