• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I remember when Max Payne 3 first came out, I thought that it must have been the most graphically amazing game to ever come out yet.

What Stallion said.

I'm very sure AssUnity is using it for a majority of the game, if not all. Not sure exactly how it's implimented, but I assume it's a sort of texturing change.

It makes everything feel just right in every light source. Sort of how, in Battlefield, some objects didn't look right in certain lights, or without certain shaders. Now, metal can look like metal in any light, with any color, and Cotton looks like cotton, and so on.

It makes things feel like they weigh, exist, and feel. It's hard to explain, but it gives a lot of substance to things.

Thanks for the info, it's definitely something I've seen before, but never used quite like that screenshot Stallion.

I assumed it was about Professional Bull Riders. =P

Just in case I should probably look into this one too.

TheRed

The snow is this game is still really cool.

15142530503_985b9be55a_o.png

15576792437_0a4819128b_o.png

One3rd

I like the glass bottles though.
15141314714_bec91a7ccc_o.jpg
And you can break every last one of them.

Stuck the landing
LOL! Max always sticks the landing, even when taking a dive out of a second story window. He cannot be killed, he is retribution re-incarnate.

Y'all hating on Max Payne 3. I still kinda like how it looks.
I thought so as well. Probably doesn't help that I seem to be zooming in on low resolution textures in a number of my shots though. Having a blast playing it through again though, I'd forgotten how much fun it could be to control the main character in an action movie.

These are excellent.

Just in case I should probably look into this one too.
Don't say I've never done anything for you. =) PBR

UnrealEck

ACU's lighting system looks like Unreal Engine 4's. That ray traced baked look along with real light sources. The difference is that UE4 is a good engine and ACU's is a pile of dogshit. At least for now, it seems.
I think Ubisoft bite off more than they can chew and just can't get games finished on time.

In any case I look forward to seeing what the game runs like and looks like with another patch or two.

Top Bottom