• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Advanced Warfare: MP
s1_mp64_ship2014-11-0h3ujz.png

SP
s1_sp64_ship2014-11-0hkusj.png

King_Moc

Banned
I j just played through The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and was impressed enough with the visuals to actually come in here and post. Shots at 1440p with 8xMSAA.

ibywJhMj7X3wLs.png

i5GkQimxUNIyp.png

edit: Sorry for busting in between your posts N1ghtwalker!

I haven't been saying anything, but your AI shots over the past few pages have been phenomenal and I think it is some of the best stuff this threads ever had.

Your examples comparing it to the movie are really cool as well.

Amazing to hear, thank you! Best of thread though, wow, I dunno about that..!
I love the game and I love the CE table with Deadendthrills' tweakable DOF. It's a glorious thing to mess with. I'm going to be sad when I start playing other games that don't have the amazing DOF of Alien. It's veeery nice.

That said.. you probably chose a random post to quote but you managed to quote the 2 pics that have gotten the least love where I've posted them.. they're not too special but I still like trying to catch the atmospheric feel of the game, even in plain areas like that.

Thanks again!

Couple more WoT-shots:
stalingradnew10dwsaj.jpg

stalingradnew9liski.jpg

One3rd

Also I feel like at some point I should submit all these PSHash's I'm finding.
Definitely! I've been putting screenshot ones in but commenting them out if they don't work completely. Having HUD removal at a games pause screen can be very useful for taking screenshots.

^ Beauty.

Here's an error I came across in freecam.. I went to check out the alien in another room, but as soon as the door closed the room went black and just his character model was left.

A few odd outtakes here, in this one he's jumping up to an imaginary vent:

ai2014-11-0902-33-11-z9sew.jpg

More aliens

Spazznid

I assume you aren't talking about Pabst Blue Ribbon, or Pokemon Battle Revolution, so what is PBR?

What Stallion said.

I'm very sure AssUnity is using it for a majority of the game, if not all. Not sure exactly how it's implimented, but I assume it's a sort of texturing change.

It makes everything feel just right in every light source. Sort of how, in Battlefield, some objects didn't look right in certain lights, or without certain shaders. Now, metal can look like metal in any light, with any color, and Cotton looks like cotton, and so on.

It makes things feel like they weigh, exist, and feel. It's hard to explain, but it gives a lot of substance to things.

BONKERS

Just dicking around with DSR, really simple thing to use, do most people use it with 0% smoothness ?

184u6i.png
No.

0% smoothness is essentially nearest neighbor scaling and looks really bad.

And your shots look horrible IMO. You might as well play without any AA at all with IQ and aliasing like that.

Also: For such a big budget game from people like Rockstar. MP3 sure does look like ass

TheRed

Before AC:U I decided to give AC3 a try, and at 4K 60 fps I'm enjoying it. Maybe that's because I like the setting since I'm from New England.

15142098453_ff7cf9f3b4_o.png

15142102543_1109ac9d97_o.png

Top Bottom