• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

dragonageinquisition_2014_11_23_23_46_17_194_by_roderickartist-d87h856.png

dragonageinquisition_2014_11_24_00_51_26_395_by_roderickartist-d87h85t.png

maneil99

Gonna say something controversial, not a fan of FC4's God Rays, PS4 version looks clearer, the God Rays add too much noise and haze.

ELCID777

Neo Member
Gonna say something controversial, not a fan of FC4's God Rays, PS4 version looks clearer, the God Rays add too much noise and haze.

Clearer?

.......nah

PS4
farcry4_20141115211712arsc.jpg

--

PC
15866462375_a2bc849900_o.png

--

PS4
farcry4_2014111521245vkodn.jpg

--

PC
15817883375_100d06d48b_o.png

The enhanced God Rays in the PC version really add another dimension to the lighting in the game. Lighting becomes dynamic with it enabled and it's very noticeable in motion, but not so much in screens.

Sure, the PC shots in this example are using SweetFX which makes everything more vibrant, but even without it, the PC version still looks better, clearer. SweetFX just helps everything 'pop' a little more.

Some of you seem a bit farther into DAI. I spent over 9 hours making characters. I am not exaggerating. Nine.

I'm complete garbage with the character creator. Deviating from the defaults just results in pretty derpy looking characters. That shot up there is the most flattering one I've taken of my Wizard elf.

So yeah, didn't spend much time in that.

However, I'm pretty sure I've sunk well over 9 hours in the Hinterlands. There's just.... so much to do. And I want to do it all. (those shots above are still in the Hinterlands)

15679068178_843d63ee17_o.jpg

I did take 1 quick detour to The Storm Coast.

15864595061_3056db517b_o.jpg

2 shots per post!

Also, I noticed you're posting Flickr's sharpened and compressed downsamples. I think the compression goes against the rules of the thread. It's not as bad as IMGUR, but you should try and post the original images. I also don't find Flickr's sharpening to be very flattering :(

It's also annoying to click on an image to discover it's a link. The reason is because this forum resizes images to fit on the page, but you can expand it to the full size by clicking. Doesn't work when it's a link though :(

Guess I'll post some more Inquisition while I'm here.

I don't know when we started condoning 3 portrait shots side by side though... but I've been going along with it :)

Trying a new trick:

15256259313_d4298a11ca_o.png

The way I've been getting shots of this game is to setup the frame at a playable res, switch to very high res with an SRWE preset (thanks Jim), and starting bandicam's multishot at 1 shot per second. 1 per second also being my framerate at that point, haha. Mostly that's to be sure I got the shot, as I see for certain the frame counter turn yellow.

What's interesting is its finally a good way to try something I've often wanted to. Many games have exposure ramping happening a lot. Whether its 'adaptation', or in this case, fading up brightness from the pause (pause > inventory specifically) screen, you have the material needed for an HDR exposure. Before it was impractical cause I couldn't get all the in betweens of the ramp, but the multishot snags it perfect.

So here I put together 6 images into one in photoshop, and boosted the clarity as is customary with HDR imagery. In video games, which are halfway to such visuals already, its especially nifty looking (I'm guessing, but I think this turned out nifty).

Top Bottom