• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Durante

screenshot_2014-11-25exeli.jpg

screenshot_2014-11-248hfl3.jpg

It's such a shame. All those unique assets, all that detail, all those immaculately composed screens...
And then you realize you're playing FF13.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Great shots Lime, I loved Adewale and that expansion. I wish he had been the main character of AC4. Maybe then the story would have been interesting.

Lime

Great shots Lime, I loved Adewale and that expansion. I wish he had been the main character of AC4. Maybe then the story would have been interesting.

Thank you! And I totally agree with you - Adewale is a much more interesting main character and the historical contextualization of Freedom Cry and the motivation for killing baddies are much fresher and somewhat justified than Black Flag. The former should've been the latter, definitely - but then again, sometimes I think that if a game dealing with a sensitive and controversial subject matter like slavery and the transatlantic slave trade had to be stretched out for 15-30 hours instead of 5, then there would be much higher possibility of error in regards to doing injustice to the subject matter and the people affected by it. But at the same time, it would've been much more interesting to play and experience and it would signal experimentation by a huge publisher in their AAA franchise, possibly affecting other pubs and devs to push the envelope a bit more in their games, both design wise and narrative wise.

Sini

Trying a new trick:

15256259313_d4298a11ca_o.png

The way I've been getting shots of this game is to setup the frame at a playable res, switch to very high res with an SRWE preset (thanks Jim), and starting bandicam's multishot at 1 shot per second. 1 per second also being my framerate at that point, haha. Mostly that's to be sure I got the shot, as I see for certain the frame counter turn yellow.

What's interesting is its finally a good way to try something I've often wanted to. Many games have exposure ramping happening a lot. Whether its 'adaptation', or in this case, fading up brightness from the pause (pause > inventory specifically) screen, you have the material needed for an HDR exposure. Before it was impractical cause I couldn't get all the in betweens of the ramp, but the multishot snags it perfect.

So here I put together 6 images into one in photoshop, and boosted the clarity as is customary with HDR imagery. In video games, which are halfway to such visuals already, its especially nifty looking (I'm guessing, but I think this turned out nifty).
Do you have normal shot for comparison?
Wall textures look awful. They look like they've been though very heavy sharpening filter.

15696383498_ded3898e02_o.jpg

Trying to make panoramas once again, but it looks really off. Can someone please tell me how to make a proper panorama? I took 5 screenshots, rotated the camera horizontally whilst remaining stationary, and then stitched it together in Photoshop CC using File --> Automate --> Photomerge --> Spherical (same results as Automatic) and then cropped appropriately. What am I missing?

scitek

Downsampled from 4k + I finally found an AO bit that doesn't bleed and looks great (the Aion profile) + HUD and FOV fixes. Shit's sublime.

halo_2014_11_26_22_298ecd8.png

halo_2014_11_26_23_21c0i2n.png

One3rd

I had problems getting KiD to work with GeDoSaTo at large resolutions with multiple AR's. I thought 4k (with 4xSGSSAA + HBAO+) was a happy compromise on IQ.

15704275060_ae0859b6ea_o.jpg

15889574891_d9ca719d14_o.jpg

Durante

Final Fantasy XIII - I've reached the first area I wanted to screenshot.

screenshot_2014-11-25oiktl.jpg

screenshot_2014-11-25rmk3w.jpg

Lake Bresha was ruined on PS3 due to transparency dithering, even though it's one of the most stunning locations in any RPG ever. 16xCSAA at 4k resolution fixes that.

Top Bottom