• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

acbsp2014-11-2721-02-d8ucd.png

acbsp2014-11-2720-34-o1uck.png

Shumafuk

Trying to make panoramas once again, but it looks really off. Can someone please tell me how to make a proper panorama? I took 5 screenshots, rotated the camera horizontally whilst remaining stationary, and then stitched it together in Photoshop CC using File --> Automate --> Photomerge --> Spherical (same results as Automatic) and then cropped appropriately. What am I missing?

Don't use tools like PS to merge pictures for panorama. There are a lot more "inteligent" tools made just for merging and creating panorama pictures. Even for free...

One3rd

One desktop mouse was killed in the making of these screenshots. I'm sure I heard it give a brief whimper as the left button gave out to a barrage of button mashing!

15711759910_7506a1e408_o.jpg

15713027829_a508d67395_o.jpg

9805223673227902976_2x9d35.png

9805223673227902976_2dwc1r.png

Wish games would stop limiting the high quality depth of field to cutscenes, Advanced Warfare did the same thing and had the real time conversations look twice as good as the rest of the game.

Inquisition is still gorgeous while you're roaming around the world, huge variety in locations and almost all of it looks unique. Still, going to need a second 780Ti to be able to comfortably reach 60 FPS and be able to use MSAA/downsampling. The FXAA option is horrid but I suppose it's better than nothing. 2560x1440 because of my monitor.

Thoraxes

Overall I feel like gaming at 4K has given everything I play a whole new life. Games look some much better.

Like WoW for instance. Shit looks magical with DSR now.

TR

tombraider2014-11-290cnfk4.png

FC4

The TXAA didn't work so well on those railings lol

farcry42014-11-2207-4kqi4r.png

Pachimari

How come so many of these games looks so stunningly great here?

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I have a i5 processor, GTX 780 and 16GB of RAM but only a 1080p monitor.

Will downsampling make a huge difference to me? I also haven't overclocked my computer (which I build in April).

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I have a i5 processor, GTX 780 and 16GB of RAM but only a 1080p monitor.

Will downsampling make a huge difference to me? I also haven't overclocked my computer (which I build in April).

Bear in mind 4K (3840*2160) as an example is rendering twice as many pixels are standard 1080p then a lot of the imagte is cleaned up massively. Add to this some effects have their resolution tied to screen res, other graphical effects get a nice boost too.

OTOH, people could be generating a cleaner image due to their downsampling method and algorithm.

Durante

^They look superb.
The whole time while I'm (re-)playing FF13 I think about what could have been if all this budget, artistry and time went into a game project which was properly managed :/

Well, there are two things to it really:
  • IQ - most people here downsample, and chose their other AA and filtering solutions well.
  • Selection - I don't know about other people, but I post maybe 1 in 15 screenshots I take.

Bear in mind 4K (3840*2160) as an example is rendering twice as many pixels are standard 1080p then a lot of the imagte is cleaned up massively. Add to this some effects have their resolution tied to screen res, other graphical effects get a nice boost too.
It's 4 times as many pixels actually ;)

misho8723

Banned
Playing for the second time some great underappreciated FPS games, like this and Bulletstorm.. shame that this game for a heavy story driven game doesn't have subtitles (!) and another one thing that I have problem with is, that this game doesn't have it's own identity.. it's trying to be Half-Life 2, BioShock, Call of Duty, Metro2033 all at the same time

xHib.png

0Hib.png

It's difficult to capture decent screenshots. I think it looks fantastic in motion but then I take a screenshot and think "eh..." Part of the problem is that the bloom doesn't scale with resolution, so capturing high-res screenshots (as I tend to do), kills a lot of the visuals :(

Skyzard

Banned
So many insane shots on this page.

Future of game graphics is going to be SWWEETT. Melt your brains sweet.

It's not bad with some games already, can't wait for the rest of the gen. I hope they can keep pushing them. Bit worried that my CPU usage is usually less than like 30% but at least the GPU can always work hard.

Top Bottom