• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Sanjay

DA:I
2560 x 1440p
15719958128_b1f21b4934_o.png

3620 x 2036

Well I'm not sure how to go to into free camera in games and get these fancy shots like you guys and gals but hey I like taking screenshots as well so mine will be from a "gameplay" perspective lol

Dragon Age Inquisition

DJib.jpg

Nice.

So you have control over DOF?? Even near/far one?

Yep. Take a look at this one.

You can see the near DoF in the bottom of the image.

I also did it here for no reason other than to learn how to tweak the settings.

15914339505_57f5efe34f_o.jpg

Still trying to get the hang of it. HattiWatti is damn good with Frostbite though, so we can probably expect the same tools for Mass Effect. You can even change the topemapping type which gets rid of the black crush, but then it looks a little washed out. Would definitely require some SweetFX. Maybe I'll post some comparisons later.

RK9039

Does anyone know how to get Gedosato to work with Divinity OS? I wanted to take some hudless screenshots but for some reason the program doesn't activate like it does with other games like FF13.

I think I'm meant to do something but I don't know what.

Just plain AA forced through drivers. Nothing else works afaik

I only wanted to quickly see how the game held up graphically. Well it doesn't obviously. It's a 1999 game. But who cares... Turned out I played the game for 3 hours when I usually get bored of games after 20 minutes. Story progression is enthralling at the beginning imo. Typical in Cage's games. It still has that particular oppressing atmoshpere although the graphics are dated. But they're a lot better than I remember since I played it originally on Dreamcast 14 years ago

Durante

Does anyone know how to get Gedosato to work with Divinity OS? I wanted to take some hudless screenshots but for some reason the program doesn't activate like it does with other games like FF13.

I think I'm meant to do something but I don't know what.
It should "just work". I just tested whether a patch caused a regression but everything is working fine on my end (latest Steam version of the game). Start GeDoSaTo, start OS, start taking hudless screenshots.

Anyway, more FF13:
screenshot_2014-11-29eiz7j.jpg

screenshot_2014-11-29zoaat.jpg

Still practicing with panoramas. I haven't gotten it quite right yet, but my screenshots are starting to look less distorted now:

15914953835_0dcce60d81_o.png

If anybody's got any tips for creating panoramas, please share them!

Blizzard

Banned
Nice Dragon Age shots. I think this is the first Dragon Age game where I actually like the visual style / colors, at least in the shots posted.

Seanspeed

Banned
Just messing around with Photoshop Elements for the first time today. Found this cool little filter. I know we had like a stylized screenshot thread somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Had to downsample from 1080p to 720p to minimize jaggies(created by the filter I'm guessing).

15919347092_1a2f728633_o.png

Once again, I'm a bit stumped. I seem to be getting a lot of geometric distortion, especially isolated spherical distortion. Does anybody know what I might be doing wrong? I stitched 48 screenshots together using Serif PanoramaPlus and an FoV of 90, playing at 1920 x 1080. Should I be trying with a lower FoV and less screenshots? More of them? :(

You always want to use a more narrow FOV for panoramas. You don't want to have stretching in the individual screenshots, and I think you'd definitely have that with 90.

Top Bottom