• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

binarydomain2014-11-2wncwj.jpg

binarydomain2014-11-2sodzw.jpg

Fireflu

Ah good I'm glad someone has uploaded a screenshot from the new Game of Thrones game.

Are there any technical wizards out there that can remove that strange ghostly outline this game puts on everything?

This is the stuff i'm talking about (taken from the above screenshot):
KWib.jpg

I really like the painterly textured effects on character models and objects but that weird wobbly outline just looks really off.

One3rd

Trying to use film grain to minimize the banding in these scenes with marginal success. I wish I could figure out how to manually enable the in-game grain it uses for some scenes as that seems to get rid of all the banding.

Lime

It's funny how the HUD has all but disappeared entirely from screenshots in this thread if you compare shots today to those back a couple of years.

I'm all for it.

Durante

I remember when we had a separate thread for hud-less shots for a while.
Anyway, I guess that's another reason to make GeDoSaTo work for DX11 even in spite of DSR existing.

Thorgal

It's funny how the HUD has all but disappeared entirely from screenshots in this thread if you compare shots today to those back a couple of years.

I'm all for it.

I remember when we had a separate thread for hud-less shots for a while.
Anyway, I guess that's another reason to make GeDoSaTo work for DX11 even in spite of DSR existing.

I remember a time when 4K was the max res we had on these threads .

Now i don't even raise an eyebrow when somebody posts an 8K or 16K screenshot . :p

I remember a time when 4K was the max res we had on these threads .

Now i don't even raise an eyebrow when somebody posts an 8K or 16K screenshot . :p

That's why I rarely mention resolution anymore. 4K is the minimum resolution of any screenshot I post anymore :p

Spazznid

Indeed.

Came out of the woodworks, I haven't posted much recently, and that's because I've not gotten the mood to screenshot in a long while, and that hasn't really changed, but I do have some old ones I haven't posted so why not.

15320417833_2ea450686e_o_d.png

15940039425_939e7ce505_o_d.png

Durante

screenshot_2014-11-29x7k9h.jpg

screenshot_2014-11-30bgkvd.jpg

It's quite challenging not to have at least 1 really stretched out texture ruining a shot in FF13. But since I have 17 GB of them I can afford to be picky :p

Top Bottom