• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

This area was pretty. Pictures can't do it justice.

15757522079_cedd2eaf0c_o.jpg

Spazznid

Last I tried it, Alyx looked like a super model and moments that were originally fairly mute were replaced with a blaring Hans Zimmer score. But it's been a long time.

The supermodel characters can be turned off. It's been that way since a few years ago. So can the Hans Zimmer music. People tend to hate FAKEFACTORY for making the game he wanted and sharing it. Acting as if Half-Life is on such a pedestal that it cannot be interpreted or told in any other way. I figure, if I'm gonna play Cinematic Mod, I'm gonna play it the way FAKEFACTORY intended it to be played. If I want to play OG Half-Life 2, then I'll play that, which I do, often. I'm allowed to look at someone else's imagination while still respecting the original.

Anyways, just installed the newest, and supposedly final version, until Source 2, or HL3 comes out. He's stated that he's done everything he ever hoped to do with the engine, and with it's current constraints, anything more would be too much effort for the shallow payoff. He never leaves anything unfinished, and so after around 10 years of making Cinematic Mod and sharing it with the community, most of which despise him, he's finished with the project.

Off to shoot some more shots of Models!

merrickxx

Neo Member
Looks much better without the washed-out look.

15943523805_de317f6a41_o.pnghttp:

What happened here? I'm surprised he can hold on given how sharp and jagged that beam is!

Oh yeah, wasn't paying attention when I uploaded. That would be the very, very stable, well-performing game uncharacteristically not cooperating, and not taking nvidia's AA.

Top Bottom