• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Darkdeus

More Dark Souls. I'm excited to finally see the DLC content. Let me know if you guys get tired of them tho.

12081575584_f7dd98915b_o.jpg

12081591334_286e791433_o.jpg

Just realized I'd forgotten to recheck the 'save an uncompressed copy'-button in Steam after a config reset.

I made a few really cool screenshots. They're useless.

Vadernooo.gif

Boogybro

More Dark Souls. I'm excited to finally see the DLC content. Let me know if you guys get tired of them tho.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2883/12081575584_f7dd98915b_o.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5501/12081591334_286e791433_o.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]michaelcainenever.gif[/GIF]

soontroll

Banned

I haven't played the DLC yet so I've been spoiled :(. I guess it's my own fault for not playing it until now but that boss looks pretty cool. Keep them coming!

I still think it's silly when you put lens artifacts into something where there are no lenses involved, e.g. first person games where you look through the eyes of your character.

It's fine in something like the roadside cameras of a racing game I guess.

For the most part I agree. I don't understand why a first person game would emulate a camera unless it was a game from a camera's POV. Other games that have helmet/face shields... have room to play around..

I also have yet to see a good implementation (other than the skyrim enbeffectprepass.fx for the DoF I have) that separates the CA to primarily the out of focus areas and the outer limits of the (wide) lens. Most games seem to slop it on top of everything.

Like this shot (i had the settings wrong):

tesv_2014_01_21_16_09_25_402_by_roderickartist-d735v1g.png

These two shots are from a 'playable' config of Confidence Man's ENB. Gets about 27-30 on 1200p outdoors, but thats including the new memhack and uGrids 15! I must say, it is quite different to play Skyrim and never see pop in.

tesv_2014_01_21_16_14_47_744_by_roderickartist-d735uvu.png

Gvaz

Banned
Can someone show me an example of steam being "too compressed" and an uncompressed shot? Because I'm failing to notice a distinct difference.

edit comparing the uncompressed image with the "compressed" image in my folder on my computer, I see zero difference except one is five times larger.

These DS shots in the last number of pages are really making me question why I haven't played more of this game. Looking stellar.

It looks pretty fantastic sometimes but is such a paaaain to shoot.

Shit guys. I forgot to enable CA in SweetFx. Next time.

I think I want to go back to this area and play around with the DoF Guass shader in DSFix.

12098530393_00f389ae2b_o.jpg

And here I just like the way this armor looks next to a fire.

12098231425_278b26dc39_o.jpg

Some amazing Dark Souls shots these last couple of pages. Even after so many hours of playing, and seeing so many fantastic screenshots, I'm still constantly floored by how awesome it looks :D

We both missed. Love the fireball lighting up the demon's face though.

I desperately want to get better control over the camera when timestopped so I can get a better shot of this shit:

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
^ Really impressive, for a game that's two gens ago. And yes it's very brown but hey it's a zombie shantytown, give it a break ;)

Neoenigma, I can't believe I ever found the chain mail armour ugly... it looks so good in your shots! I think the high res helps, it looks a bit like a shiny blurry mess at lower res, but when the details come out it's fantastic.

Top Bottom