• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Thorgal

screenshot76060c3ka7.jpg

domlolz

Banned
15777567157_6092cda8a3_o.png

15963287455_bdc26ef310_o.png

Overall, I think this game has better ship design, aesthetically, than almost the entirety of science fiction.

Personally i think most of the ships in star citizen are ugly as shit and its quite a big reason i'm not very excited about it. i feel theres thousands of examples of better ship design in sci-fi. but it's very subjective obviously.

Durante

screenshot_2014-11-30ducli.jpg

screenshot_2014-11-30wrds0.jpg

The first one there is one of my favourite battle shots.

What's going on with the shadow in the background there?
It's a pre-rendered shadow map which is really fucking low-res. Like a lot of the background shadow maps (and even many of the textures). I just usually select my shots so that they don't show up, but I liked the character dynamics in that one too much to skip it.

Shumafuk

Just finished playing a game... Actually after two years I finally get fully into some game and have again hope for games. Because VoEC is game how games should be done.

15945459766_06c14b0be4_o.png

15348966104_3130bb97ba_o.png

Such a small size for a pano. I tried clicking on that so I could scroll left to right and take in the details :(

Ooof. These shots are making me want to play that game again. But then I remember the horrible camera controls and the fact that a free camera in cheat engine can't be done. At least not by me :(

Such a small size for a pano. I tried clicking on that so I could scroll left to right and take in the details :(

Yeah, problem is that I haven't got the hardware to play at anything bigger than 1080 when using an ENB without causing the game to crash every few seconds, so I'm stuck with small shots for Skyrim. It's a shame, but I'll be getting an i5 4690K soon, so that should help a lot!

Finally managed to make some proper panoramas simply by switching from Serif PanoramaPlus to Kolor Autopano. My screenshots are no longer being squeezed down to tiny sizes! Here's an over the top ultrawide panorama (9360 x 2561), just as a proof of concept:

15973889195_94886e367e_o.jpg

Filben

But then I remember the horrible camera controls
What's wrong with the camera? I turn it with the right stick like in most action adventures. Even in tiny rooms it works well. What do you mean?

Those Remember Me screenshots are superb. Simply stunning. Showing off angles and scenes I've never realised before. I'm on my second playthrough right now.

What's wrong with the camera? I turn it with the right stick like in most action adventures. Even in tiny rooms it works well. What do you mean?

Those Remember Me screenshots are superb. Simply stunning. Showing off angles and scenes I've never realised before. I'm on my second playthrough right now.
Thanks, and the camera comment is talking about the "sort-of" freecam control that editing Config ini's can give you. You'll notice some of my shots have Nilin positioned way in the back of the shot, it wouldn't have been possible to get those normally.

Few examples from my latest:

That last shot, you basically have to set up the camera where you want it and then float Nilin up to where you want her.. sometimes those structures are just for show and she'll fall right through, this one I got lucky with :)

Filben

Thanks, and the camera comment is talking about the "sort-of" freecam control that editing Config ini's can give you. You'll notice some of my shots have Nilin positioned way in the back of the shot, it wouldn't have been possible to get those normally.

That last shot, you basically have to set up the camera where you want it and then float Nilin up to where you want her.. sometimes those structures are just for show and she'll fall right through, this one I got lucky with :)
Ha, okay! How do you set the camera/edit the *.ini exactly? I remember in Mass Effect it was pretty easy once you get to edit the necessary *.ini file.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
cant downsample or remove the hud. Fuck it :/ was able to force SGSSAA via inspector at least

http://abload.de/img/swtfu2014-12-0714-50-suuj0.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/swtfu2014-12-0714-56-6guma.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Even DSR doesn't work? I had been contemplating a replay at 4K, but you just saved me a 30 gb download if that's the case.

One3rd

Unity uses baked lighting but switches between lighting sets for different times of day and weathers.

An older shot from Skyrim:
You can edit the title in the "Go Advanced" button when editing your post.

Even DSR doesn't work? I had been contemplating a replay at 4K, but you just saved me a 30 gb download if that's the case.
Definitely works in 4k and probably higher. Edit the ..\AppData\Local\Aspyr\Star Wars The Force Unleashed\config.xml file and replace the below lines with your resolution of choice.

Code:
	<s id="VideoWidth">3840</s>
	<s id="VideoHeight">2160</s>

Also works with GeDoSaTo if you set the below flag and then the resolution you want in the Config.xml file. The startup movies and menus were all zoomed in but the game ran at 5120x2880 that I tested at. The HUD is in the middle of the screen but you may be able to find a PSHash for this.

Code:
forcePresentRes true

paired with;

Code:
	<s id="VideoWidth">5120</s>
	<s id="VideoHeight">2880</s>

And some Spec Ops
15789105038_09d0f8d83a_o.jpg

Sipheren

Banned
Pleaaaase stop posting links to external sites.

I own the site, I uploaded them to my own hosting so I could link to them, how is that an issue? (and if it is, where should I store them?)

"Pleaaaase stop posting links to external sites. "
^^Exactly. Also don't post those insanely lossy screenshots here and please, 2 images per post. Read the rules man.

The small images link to full size images that are high quality, they look exactly as they did on the screen during gameplay. I just don't see the point in posting gigantic images in the thread, it just makes it hard to read.

Top Bottom