• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

prototype22014-12-141fdu15.png

prototype22014-12-141o0ua2.png

DD

I just wanted to chime in and let you know that I'm super into stuff you've been posting.

I love the effect you're pulling off on these Wings of Prey shots.

Thanks bro. It's just a little bit of film grain, CA and some extra AA with SweetFX. :3

Spazznid

All of them.

That's just plain wrong. Eli looks pretty normal to me. The females just look like gussied up chicks. I mean in the wrong light, aka the first shot there, almost any face can be weird looking. Otherwise you're just being judgmental, most likely based on your dislike of the changes made by FAKEFACTORY.

Are you using the High resolution texture mods?
Oh, didn't think to mod it outside of getting rid of film grain..

Capcom has probably sold more copies of Remember Me because of this thread than through whatever measly marketing they put forward themselves.
Measly marketing is right, apparently they asked Dead End Thrills to make promo shots for them two DAYS before release! Like it had totally slipped their mind to actually advertise it.

13cmpvy.jpg

3tpphe.jpg

I feel kind of sad because I'm never going to be able to match the quality of some of the screenshots in this thread. Oh well, have some shots from me anyway.

16031282715_7c17577fef_o.jpg

16029246531_15970d052c_o.jpg

merrickxx

Neo Member
Oh, didn't think to mod it outside of getting rid of film grain..

Measly marketing is right, apparently they asked Dead End Thrills to make promo shots for them two DAYS before release! Like it had totally slipped their mind to actually advertise it.

Didn't they try to blame poor sales on the idea that it was the fault of having a female protagonist as well? As if poor marketing, and general gameplay appeal didn't contribute.

Spazznid

Didn't they try to blame poor sales on the idea that it was the fault of having a female protagonist as well? As if poor marketing, and general gameplay appeal didn't contribute.

The name didn't help either. Just look back on any thread about it over 5 months ago. The first two pages are filled with "lol, forgot this game"

is there a way to use the mod but not change Alyx at all...

Is there a way to use the mod but still have it look like you're not using the mod at all? =)

I'm kidding. I don't like it, but it's mostly because of the bloom.

Are you injecting chromatic aberration so hard that it's affecting your steam overlay?

They even half-assed that. They were supposed to fix the free camera for him but apparently they "couldn't."

Spazznid

is there a way to use the mod but not change Alyx at all...

Yes. When you install the mod, the entire thing is standalone. There is a configurator that looks like this:

izysbd.jpg

From here you can enable/disable effects to your heart's content, including the music, weapon, and bloom changes, to name a few. You also get a "Character Pimper" which contains most of FAKEFACTORY's previous and current versions of Characters as well as the originals. And for Alyx, you can even change them up between chapters.

mjdjcz.jpg

The creator of this mod gets a lot of hate, and it's been that way since the first version came out 9-ish years ago. You may hate him because he wants to make Half-Life fit his own vision, but he's been modding for all this time in spite of that. I have some mad respect for someone who can continue to share with a community who despises them, especially when most developers, indie or otherwise can't handle criticism these days.

Is there a way to use the mod but still have it look like you're not using the mod at all? =)

I'm kidding. I don't like it, but it's mostly because of the bloom.

That can be changed or even disabled. Most of the mod can be disabled. I appreciate that you don't like the mod. What irks me is when people try to spread their disdain for something to those around them. Let me be me, and you be you, and all that. And I'll be posting HL2, and Cinematic Mod shots for a long time to come, considering I replay them both multiple times a year.

Top Bottom