• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Filben

Bioshock Infinite
bioshockinfinite2014-zfu07.jpg

I wish there were better AA. It's not that bad downscaled to 1080p but in its original resolution it's really annoying...

Spazznid

That pop-in is worse than Unity's O_O

Otherwise, it didn't look very impressive. What's appealing about this game that you'd go through all that trouble?

It's an MMO.
The housing is real, as in you buy existing houses in touns, villages, or cities, or set up a tent somewhere.
There are world bosses, ala Guild Wars 2.
NPC's develop trust, and familiarity with you based on your actions with them and for them.
You learn everythin, for example, when you first attack an enemy, their health will not show up, only giving you a rough estimate of how close they are to death, until you fight a few of them and learn what their health is by defeating them.
This knowledge system transfers to the rest of the game, for example, you might not be able to bring up a subject in conversation with an NPC unless you know what it is you're talking about.
You can farm.
The weather is dynamic, and not just random. There is a weather view in the map that tells you about cold fronts, humidity, etc.
The towns are GIGANTIC, with everything feeling more alive than other MMO's.
The combat is very active.
The character creator is the best, only being somewhat comparable to Eve Online's.
You can fish, and the fish will rot if you don't cure them or eat them.
You can ride horses, and you can tame wild horses.
There's no fast travel.
The Music is exceptional.
There is no level cap.
You can mine.
You can climb, to the top of the very highest towers, and sit on the ledges.
The game comes with a built in camera tool, allowing you to pan, zoom, move, tilt, and adjust DoF. all while moving and playing the game.
It's going to get Naval transportation and combat.
Mounted Combat.
Hunting.
There is a lot more.
Pretty much Black Desert is what I wish Guild Wars 2 was more like. A living breathing, dynamic world with actual NPC relationships that matter, and a world to learn about.
I'd rather Guild Wars 2 was more like Guild Wars 1, but whatever.

Open Beta Gameplay
Sorceress Creation
NPC's, Monsters, Outfits, and Cosmetics
A HUGE fly through of most of the currently available land

Yes, the pop-in is horrid.
Yes there will be grind, lots of grind.
Yes it's coming to America in 2015.
Yes, it has a cash shop, but the developers have assured that they only plan to release cosmetice through it, with maybe some boosters.

If you don't know how important this game can be to the genre, then I don't know what to tell you.

Also it has what appears to be PBR.

15386368233_59a75b8a79_o_d.png

16005300942_82d245f438_o_d.png

Black Desert looks like it could be the best... traditional, I guess? MMO ever. Good god, it sounds absolutely impressive. It's a shame about the pop-in, but I'd be completely willing to look past it if that means we're getting an amazing game.

Anyway, this is probably the riskiest screenshot/panorama thing I've ever taken: North-East corner of the map in DayZ SA.

15821041010_c579a2a4b8_o.jpg

Finally got Final Fantasy XIII-2 to behave with GeDoSaTo. Odd issue though, after a few minutes or a few screenshots, GeDoSaTo refuses to take any more giving me a D2DX error. I really want to stick with GeDoSaTo for screens as it can take hudless but it's frustrating. Any tips, Durante? I know FF13-2 isn't specificially supported by you yet but maybe you know what's causing the error.

15389096013_43c6639d82_o.png

16008019402_92b1ee2c34_o.png

Lost Planet is still a fine looking game, those Final Fantasy games look nice, Unity is crazy and Brotherhood sure as hell didn't look like that when I was playing it on the 360! Nice shots folks..love this thread!

Thorgal

Last shot for now .

A look at one of the biggest housing mods available .

To give a bit of perspective of the massive scale , you can see my character at the bottom of the pic .

tesv2014-12-1321-15-4ascir.jpg

Xyber

Oh, the days when I saw preview stuff from Oblivion and thought it looked so insanely good. We've come a long way since then.

Wanny

Dragon age is a pure blast and looks very good. Decided to go with PS4 version this time and sit on my comfy ass in the living room hehe.

Top Bottom