• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Stein3x

@Darkdeus , man your doing some really crazy stuff! Amazing DS shots :)

12234378616_f810e2a34f_o.png

12234241856_24713939e8_o.png

FoxSpirit

Rösti;98820512 said:
skyrim_1owsww.png

skyrim_2mrst8.png

I ought to be something new. But only upcoming game for Windows I intend to purchase is Dark Souls II. Perhaps GTA V.
Please tell me that is the final lighting maps I am seeing. Good god,that looks... simplistic.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Please tell me that is the final lighting maps I am seeing. Good god,that looks... simplistic.
I have "Toggle End-Of-Frame Image Space (TEOFIS)" enabled here (disables some image enhancement effects), as well as a high value (67108864) of iTexMipMapSkip. High value iTexMipMapSkip is what causes this cartoonish look. It works in Fallout 3 as well but doesn't support as high values as in Skyrim, it's probably due to Fallout 3 being on GameBryo while Skyrim is on Creation Engine (tweaked GameBryo). I think maximum in Fallout 3 is something around 7000-8000; if you go higher weirds things start happening.

I suppose I could post my SkyrimPrefs.ini configurations in the Skyrim mod thread, if anyone else wants to try out Skyrim in this mode.

I don't know how long it's been like this, but the latest installer for Cheat Engine seems to contain a bunch of really shitty software that you can't avoid installing.

I think I have an older installer which doesn't contain any of that. If I do have it, I'll put it on my dropbox when I get home from work. No reason to force that crap on anyone.

Those toolbar things? I downloaded it on my laptop recently and you can choose to not install them.
I tried on my laptop here but when I chose not install the bonus crap, the installer quit. Might just be my laptop acting funky.

soontroll

Banned
I don't know how long it's been like this, but the latest installer for Cheat Engine seems to contain a bunch of really shitty software that you can't avoid installing.

I think I have an older installer which doesn't contain any of that. If I do have it, I'll put it on my dropbox when I get home from work. No reason to force that crap on anyone.

Those toolbar things? I downloaded it on my laptop recently and you can choose to not install them.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

I tried on my laptop here but when I chose not install the bonus crap, the installer quit. Might just be my laptop acting funky.

They have older versions on their website, not certain those don't have it either but it goes as far back as 5.6.1

Gvaz

Banned

It's your laptop. You can say no to every one of them.

It's probably how the dude keeps it free by including it.

They have older versions on their website, not certain those don't have it either but it goes as far back as 5.6.1

You need 6.3 for the new AOB scan method a lot of people are using for scripts though. 6.2 and older are all but deprecated.

It's your laptop. You can say no to every one of them.

It's probably how the dude keeps it free by including it.

Good to know. I don't mind being able to skip the stuff. Just want to make sure I'm not causing people at ton of grief since I pretty tell everyone to get Cheat Engine in all of my screenshot guides XD

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Such a gorgeous game. How easy is it to downsample and stuff? (With this game specifically I mean)
Easy. No need for anything special. (Though I'm just downsampling through Nvidia control panel, no SRWE, I don't know if that's possible with this game.)
Who needs next-gen when you have trees like that.
xD
Amazing as always. I tried to take some shots of DS but good lord, I really tried, for hours, and I couldn't even take a single decent one.

I tried to take some shots of DS but good lord, I really tried, for hours, and I couldn't even take a single decent one.

Really? The technical flaws do make it a challenge, but I think it's a game that can still yield a lot of really cool shots.

All I want to do now while I'm at work is go home and play it some more. It's a problem.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Really? The technical flaws do make it a challenge, but I think it's a game that can still yield a lot of really cool shots.

All I want to do now while I'm at work is go home and play it some more. It's a problem.
Yeah I think it was mainly the low res/poly everything, and the fov (didn't try the new table). I'll try to go back to it, but for now, I'm enjoying this walking simulator :p

12240620065_238bc1068e_o.png

12241036924_d32866478f_o.png

Top Bottom