• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

bf4_2014_02_01_00_09_26_146_by_roderickartist-d74lfqv.png

bf4_2014_01_31_23_31_37_082_by_roderickartist-d74lfsy.png

Wanny

My dear ENB friends,

What is the latest hot sauce DOF? I still cannot find that Witcher 2 gorgeous DOF lookalike.

One3rd

Spent a while trying to get that middle shot and gave up. Nice one.
Thanks, I tried from a number of different perspectives but they were all to cluttered for what I wanted. And I liked the effect when looking through the canopy glass.

Your going to make me get back in and finish this, nice shots. It really is too bad about the lack of a proper freecam in Dark Siders 2, it has some great visuals.

CHC

I always loved Darksiders' artstyle.

I imagined that it was what Warcraft should look like on a better engine.

If they got WoW to look like that would instantly undo about 5 years spent trying to forget and move on. Don't think I'd have a life left!

I loved AW, one of my favorite games of the generation. I was disapointed to find out that they weren't working on a sequel. Though, that game was a fraction of what it was supposed to be. I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much as I did if I wasn't as big of a Twin Peaks fan as I am.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Playing with this light mod, you can really change how a scene looks. I'm attempting to make Quelaag a bit less contrasty.

12262994453_e3ed809fa8_o.jpg

12262918985_73618f601f_o.jpg

I know that a lot of people, myself included, usually play with brightness cranked up because Dark Souls is honestly usually too dark at the default setting.

If you're going to use the lightmod, it might be a good idea to try lowering the games internal brightness. Those shots look a bit washed out

Your going to make me get back in and finish this, nice shots. It really is too bad about the lack of a proper freecam in Dark Siders 2, it has some great visuals.

U're right, sadly there is no way for use any freecam in DS2 but with a little patience you can do some good shots anyway.

I think you may have just sold me on Darksiders. These are gorgeous. I had no idea it could look this good.

Are both Darksiders fairly downsample friendly?

If you are referring to SWRE tool then the answer is no. SRWE not work for me with this game. Alternatively you can always use any DS resolutions without problems. Remember that every time you change resolution in DS2, you have to restart the game to apply it ... and this is very stressful! -_-'

gtaiv.exe_dx9_2014020alzk1.jpg

gtaiv.exe_dx9_2014020u2euj.jpg

Simple out-of-the-box shots taken right after installing this which is a huge collection of mods. Just unzip everything in your game folder and voila, it works. (I only decreased the saturation in these shots and the contrast needs fixing in the default settings imho)

Top Bottom