• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Wanny

n3lyqau.png

n4irowe.png

BONKERS

This game looks quite great for 2008. Not Crysis, but still quite beautiful.
replay_2014_01_31_20_wnsun.png

Disable the motionblur though if you play it. It's awful...just awful.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
That's the most impressive skyrim screenshot I have ever seen.

This shot kills me.

On one hand, it's gorgeous.

On the other, the fact that the character is strolling around in subzero temps wearing a sleeveless shirt/armor is just glaring. It makes no sense me to create such an immersive world and completely skimp on little details like that (forcing you to wear warm clothing to survive arctic temperatures).

Thorgal

This shot kills me.

On one hand, it's gorgeous.

On the other, the fact that the character is strolling around in subzero temps wearing a sleeveless shirt/armor is just glaring. It makes no sense me to create such an immersive world and completely skimp on little details like that (forcing you to wear warm clothing to survive arctic temperatures).

Thats exactly the reason why mods like Frostfall exist

Battlefield 4 screenshots: Play on the "Polite and Friendly" Server.

I have a shit ton of shots all of sudden, and I'll post a few slowly. Here's them all on flickr though: LOLOLS

bf4_2014_02_01_00_04_35_793_by_roderickartist-d74lfnx.png

Interesting "mod" I found in the DS table [scripts] section.

It sorta fills the scene with "light." Seeing as it's a cheat engine script, it probably is using the in-game light to do its magic. It also desaturates it a bit by default. I can see it being interesting in darker scenes where you want more light. This particular screen was much darker and contrasty without it.

12246327745_53f6eac28b_o.jpg

I'm using that. It didn't help these. You can tell my trees aren't the blurry mush from the "before" picture, but they're still crappy :p

As a follow up to my last screenshot, here's a shot with and without light volume. The color grading can be tweaked too.

Without:
12246521465_45eb7564ba_o.jpg

With:
12246949864_abf69b5892_o.jpg

This bodes quite well.

soontroll

Banned
Interesting "mod" I found in the DS table [scripts] section.

It sorta fills the scene with "light." Seeing as it's a cheat engine script, it probably is using the in-game light to do its magic. It also desaturates it a bit by default. I can see it being interesting in darker scenes where you want more light. This particular screen was much darker and contrasty without it.

12246327745_53f6eac28b_o.jpg

wait. You mean I don't have to spam fire orb to get some lighting anymore?

If you stare at a dark spot, the screen will brighten to compensate. If you pause, that brightness still stick even if you look back to a bright spot (which would normally darken the screen).

This can result in BLOOOOOOOOOOOM

12249071914_acc315ddc2_o.jpg

Top Bottom