• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
12224285735_fbb2c1981c_o.jpg

That's a fantastic shot.

Cucobr

@Thorgal
Haha indeed man! Only now that I saw this too =P

Tomb Raider 4K
PC, the true and only Definitive Edition
fwb1.png

Batman Arkham City 4K
85lw.png

One3rd

You're gonna make me play through again, Gah!
Well, turnabout is fair play! The game made it to the top of my Christmas sale play list mainly due to some of your shots. =)

Mesmerizing!

...Ok yeah you really meant first post. You mind putting the resolution you used in your post title next time? Thanks. Nice shot otherwise.
Is resolution required? I don't see this as a requirement in the OP.

Dark Souls

I did some messing with SweetFX to get a better balance, and a sort of 'base'.

Where I have it now should allow for a bit more detail in shadows and highlights, and a subtle amount of extra pop. It can be used to easily conform to a slightly more natural tone in many areas by just modifying one value (for contrast), and if you want to mod color, that can be done quickly as well.

Here is the config. And here
is my curves shader.

I found simply modifying the curves contrast amount from a range of -0.06 to 0.06 (or thereabouts) quickly allows for alleviating crushed blacks or adding more contrast to a washed out area.
Beyond that, I just change the color values of the Tonemapping Defog color. I usually remove a blueish-green.

Also, this game loves resolution. I was able to eke this out between driver failures (at 8k), and it just looks cleaner! (not much in the way of shot, but the IQ is nice):

screenshot3177_by_roderickartist-d74f4i3.png

En-ou

Dark Souls

I did some messing with SweetFX to get a better balance, and a sort of 'base'.

Where I have it now should allow for a bit more detail in shadows and highlights, and a subtle amount of extra pop. It can be used to easily conform to a slightly more natural tone in many areas by just modifying one value (for contrast), and if you want to mod color, that can be done quickly as well.

Here is the config. And here
is my curves shader.

I found simply modifying the curves contrast amount from a range of -0.06 to 0.06 (or thereabouts) quickly allows for alleviating crushed blacks or adding more contrast to a washed out area.
Beyond that, I just change the color values of the Tonemapping Defog color. I usually remove a blueish-green.

Also, this game loves resolution. I was able to eke this out between driver failures (at 8k), and it just looks cleaner! (not much in the way of shot, but the IQ is nice):

screenshot3177_by_roderickartist-d74f4i3.png

where do I put that curves shader file?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Hey guys have you heard of this weird game? It's called Dark Souls! (Neoenigma you're a baller ass dude. The new camera CT is perfect.)

Here's a little story for you guys.

data_2014_01_30_19_48_43_32_by_aloo81-d74fnyr.jpg

data_2014_01_30_19_55_09_90_by_aloo81-d74fny7.jpg

Was going to start responding to all these individual screenshots of Dark Souls that are just awesome looking but... there's too many. What a page.

12230316673_433d3e7009_o.jpg

I almost feel like I need to disable gauss in this forest. The DOF just creates all kinds of banding for me here.

12229931085_019b62ec0a_o.jpg

Darkdeus

Awesome DS shots everyone. I"m so excited about the FOV hack! I only had a few minutes to mess around with it this morning so here's some basic test shots.

12230820655_97f6e183c0_o.jpg

12231223204_96dd6d2f7d_o.jpg

One3rd

Dammit, my Internet is capped to 256kb till it rolls over tomorrow...this page is taking so long to load and all I can see are the comments about all the awesome DS shots!

12231950083_8fb629388a_o.jpg

Quick update to the table. It now outputs the actual FOV (default 43). And when you change it, it transitions smoothly. Ooooooooh. Over in yonder Compendium.

12233597086_b47287e2b7_o.jpg

12233716166_f60ea1156c_o.jpg

Top Bottom