• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Well, this thread convinced me to start Viva Piñata after beating Dark Souls last night.

Should be a... rather interesting change of pace, I suppose.

12297958643_64f0fdfbc3_o.png

12297792215_2569589bbb_o.png

I have made some screenshots using the sweetfx screenshot function at 3200 x 1800px. Surprisingly (to me) they are not downsampled but saved in this native set res.

There are people here that take screenshots like that right? How do you resize them? I just cant rescale them to 1920 x 1080px without creating a ton of aliasing so it seems to be the best to blur the images before scaling them down to avoid that. Is there a simpler solution?

I have made some screenshots using the sweetfx screenshot function at 3200 x 1800px. Surprisingly (to me) they are not downsampled but saved in this native set res.

There are people here that take screenshots like that right? How do you resize them? I just cant rescale them to 1920 x 1080px without creating a ton of aliasing so it seems to be the best to blur the images before scaling them down to avoid that. Is there a simpler solution?

Faststone Image Viewer or Photoshop. They implement different algorithms, such as bicubic or lanczos, to resize the image. Usually you gain a wee bit of IQ as they do a better job of resizing than nvidia's DS does.

This is a beautiful experience.

screenshot_2014_02_04_00_54_24_by_roderickartist-d751g1f.png

screenshot_2014_02_04_00_56_50_by_roderickartist-d751g0v.png

I think...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\??????\54

That "54" might be different for you, but that's what it is for me.

Also, PoP 2008 isn't looking too likely. Wildly different camera system than the AC titles.

Faststone Image Viewer or Photoshop. They implement different algorithms, such as bicubic or lanczos, to resize the image. Usually you gain a wee bit of IQ as they do a better job of resizing than nvidia's DS does.

Thanks for your input, i only have tried GIMP Cubic and Lancos3. Maybe i did something wrong but neither was good enough. Will try a bit more after work.

One3rd

I think...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\??????\54

That "54" might be different for you, but that's what it is for me.

Also, PoP 2008 isn't looking too likely. Wildly different camera system than the AC titles.

PM'd link to the files.

I doubt anyone cares (most people don't use GIMP i believe) but for those who do, dont resample your images with the latest version of GIMP. It could be that it's only my version that is borked but then at least ckeck your images (it's easy to spot). I got aliasing all over my images after scaling them down using cubic or Lancos3, doesn't matter, and a quick comparison with Krita resampling showa a huge difference. I could make a picture comparisons but figured this is enough.

vio

This is a beautiful experience.

screenshot_2014_02_04_00_54_24_by_roderickartist-d751g1f.png

screenshot_2014_02_04_00_56_50_by_roderickartist-d751g0v.png

Second one would be great as wallpaper. Got bigger version? I have 1080p montior.

Top Bottom