• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

One has a giant ass, and one is a giant pain in the ass.

12266024555_148844f745_o.jpg

12277975414_bbe59de927_o.jpg

R8TEDM3

Just wanted to say hi to everyone here (my 1st post), and what a wonderful job all of you are doing:) Been coming here for the past two years, and this is my favorite thread!

9970399833_fb9164fb48_o.jpg

11971470454_65d57e3024_o.jpg

R8TEDM3

It's always good to have new blood join the tight ship we run here.

Glad to be on the ship, as long as i don't have to do all the cleaning:)

[QUOTE
Mmmm. More fresh Flickr meat. =)[/QUOTE]

Thanks Neo, love your work...great pic's as usual:)

Not to waste thread space, just two i'm sure everybody here has seen by now from Bioshock Infinite series!

12281558296_a9bef946dc_o.jpg

12281160553_c59e8e5584_o.jpg

Reebot

First try at this, I'll give it a go at posting some Viva Pinata Screens. Hard to capture this game since the camera is so restrictive.
12284611436_8b9b367d11_o.png

12284063295_c013199df3_o.png

Tankshell

GRID 2 1080p - Max everything.

I just got a new EVGA 780Ti, these screens are at native 1080p but am going to try some serious downsampling later to see how much nicer I can make things look...

If only the game had slightly higher res textures it would look stunning.

By7.png

Cy7.png

kiyomi

Long time lurker here - I love going through these threads constantly. I'll be building my first PC later this year and can't wait to join in.

However, I was wondering if it would be useful if there was perhaps some kind of list of thread regulars' PC setups. I love the shots I see here, but apart from all the crazy ENBs and Skyrim mods you guys are running, I'd love to know a bit more about the hardware you're running on. Occasionally, I'll see people mention a certain graphics card and stuff, but it'd be nice to get a fuller picture of the GAF screenshotting community's hardware. I'd love to see more mentions of the rigs you're using alongside the screenshots.

Just an idea. Sorry to intrude. Back to the screens, you wizards.

Spazznid

Long time lurker here - I love going through these threads constantly. I'll be building my first PC later this year and can't wait to join in.

However, I was wondering if it would be useful if there was perhaps some kind of list of thread regulars' PC setups. I love the shots I see here, but apart from all the crazy ENBs and Skyrim mods you guys are running, I'd love to know a bit more about the hardware you're running on. Occasionally, I'll see people mention a certain graphics card and stuff, but it'd be nice to get a fuller picture of the GAF screenshotting community's hardware. I'd love to see more mentions of the rigs you're using alongside the screenshots.

I won't add my rig to all my posts, but here it is now.

GTX 780
8 GB Ram
i5 2500k @ 4.0 Ghz

Monitor is an Asus VG248QE

Always glad to be proven wrong!

I'd love to see more mentions of the rigs you're using alongside the screenshots.

I doubt people are going to do that for every screenshot. That would get old pretty quick.

» Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Extreme
» CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.4 GHz
» GPU: 2x-SLI EVGA GTX 680 4GB
» RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866 MHz
» Monitor: QNIX QX2710 2560x1440

Here's a Dark Souls screenshot so I can contribute to the thread

12288917913_eb04d3fd2e_o.jpg

Durante

I really love that shot. The grass looks great, the background DoF/HDR looks great, and the character/enemy details looks great.

Also, everyone in the prerelease (you know who you are), read the Steam group update :p

PhilGPT

I haven't been too active this year, but might as well post my rig:

i5-3570k @ 4.5ghz
GTX 670 2GB
16 GB RAM
Monitor: HP LP2475W 1920x1200

And a little contribution:

GTA IV
12091260083_67e8b5372d_o.jpg

FO3
12054185625_b94bb58b65_o.jpg

I really love that shot. The grass looks great, the background DoF/HDR looks great, and the character/enemy details looks great.

Also, everyone in the prerelease (you know who you are), read the Steam group update :p

Just saw that comment :)

That was when I was trying to force my view angle downwards so the HDR would kick in and brighten the screen. Then timestopped it so that effect would remain when I rotated back up to a view that would normally darken the screen. That can yield a nice look so long as the bloom doesn't become too overpowering.

Chettlar

Banned
First try at this, I'll give it a go at posting some Viva Pinata Screens. Hard to capture this game since the camera is so restrictive.
12284611436_8b9b367d11_o.png

12284063295_c013199df3_o.png

Was thinking about adding some of these myself, but I'm trying to find my save first, since I was pretty far along last I updated it.

I assume these are just at 1080p? I was thinking about trying DSFix on it or something just to see what happens. Probably nothing, but it worked for Halo 2 randomly.

Also, dat water tesselation.

Reebot

Was thinking about adding some of these myself, but I'm trying to find my save first, since I was pretty far along last I updated it.

I assume these are just at 1080p? I was thinking about trying DSFix on it or something just to see what happens. Probably nothing, but it worked for Halo 2 randomly.

Also, dat water tesselation.

Yeah, just at 1080p, which you have to set through the cfg file; in game resolution caps out at 1650 or so (can't recall the exact number, but it leaves black bars on either side). Setting it at anything above 1080p seemingly causes the game to crash. I'm also using SGSSAA x4, the game has no AA that I can see by default.

Still a beautiful game, I'd kill for a next gen sequel.

Chettlar

Banned
Yeah, just at 1080p, which you have to set through the cfg file; in game resolution caps out at 1650 or so (can't recall the exact number, but it leaves black bars on either side). Setting it at anything above 1080p seemingly causes the game to crash. I'm also using SGSSAA x4, the game has no AA that I can see by default.

Still a beautiful game, I'd kill for a next gen sequel.

I knew about the cfg file thing. It also works at 1200p, which is what I'm using, but yeah it messes up after that.

How are you using the SGSSAA?

Reebot

I knew about the cfg file thing. It also works at 1200p, which is what I'm using, but yeah it messes up after that.

How are you using the SGSSAA?

Doing it based off the guide posted by BoobPhysics101 linked in the OP, and with a compatibility bit I found off google. If you can't find it, I'll update this post later tonight when I get off work.

Edit: 0x00411245

Chettlar

Banned
Doing it based off the guide posted by BoobPhysics101 linked in the OP, and with a compatibility bit I found off google. If you can't find it, I'll update this post later tonight when I get off work.

Awesome, Viva Pinata could really use from AA.

BONKERS

How many people here are using AMD gpus?

Not me. Just because AMD doesn't have stuff on the level of Nvidia's AA options.

However if Nvidia decides not to listen to our request to bring the same level of functionality to DX11 (And hopefully OGL) as in DX9 I personally may jump ship to AMD in the near future.

Core i7 950@4Ghz
12GB DDR3 9-9-9-24-1N @1600Mhz
GTX 570 only here. I plan on getting either a 780Ti or it's successor in the near future.

You can check these two forum threads for AA bits with Nvidia cards, they are updated frequently
http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=10097059#post10097059
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=357956 (this one less so, but people still post new stuff on the later pages)

Some games don't need AA bits to force AA, a LOT do.

When I find a game that doesn't need them I try to post that it doesn't. But this kind of stuff doesn't end up on the lists, so it can be a little frustrating.

Top Bottom