• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Thorgal

ac3sp2014-02-2312-27-lvuzx.jpg

ac3sp2014-02-2312-30-f9urm.jpg

Anyway I'll be looking forward for your screenshots of Dark Souls 2 when it releases on PC!!

I did the freecam and took screenshots of Dark Souls because of Durante's pause feature in DSfix. Without that, I wouldn't even attempt those things in Dark Souls 2. And I'm not sure what his plans are going to be for the game when it releases on PC, considering it should have a decent port this time.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Could reproduce the same post processing color grading with sweetFX and get rid of vignetting! Thanks god!

n17mri3.png

n2izqhv.png

Whenever you finish screenshotting ME2, you should post whatever your whole set up is. You've gone through a LOT of hullabaloo getting the game to work with you how it should.

Wanny

Whenever you finish screenshotting ME2, you should post whatever your whole set up is. You've gone through a LOT of hullabaloo getting the game to work with you how it should.

Sure! Tho it's very inconsistent through the game. I would like to get back some DOF in cutscenes, but it's kinda impossible when you remove the ridiculous accumulation bloom whatever they call it. It's also hard to get a correct gamma balance because the game likes to black crush for some reason I don't know.

Irobot82

Is it just me? In those ME2 shots, the characters don't look like they are IN the game but pasted onto the picture. I don't remember the game looking like that. Maybe it just doesn't take goo SS's.

Wanny

Is it just me? In those ME2 shots, the characters don't look like they are IN the game but pasted onto the picture. I don't remember the game looking like that. Maybe it just doesn't take goo SS's.

To each their own. But wut?

n15rbmh.png

n2pnx2f.png

I always tweak for me and for what I like and mostly trying to go for unique looks. Not trying to do any popularity contests or please anyone. It's just something I enjoy to do for my own.

soontroll

Banned
My favourite thing about SE is how the planets look. The patterns and colours... it's hard to imagine that this is procedurally generated.

12734157125_e3184eca3c_o.jpg

12734157535_a29235d0a7_o.jpg

Also: Outerra looks A-MAZING.

It can. I, as usual, was avoiding all the bad stuff and trying to make the game shine. The trees are all 2D, so looking at them somewhat close will be an eyesore. Water also looks pretty bad. Grass looks great though. Especially if you crank the render distance. Texture quality held up rather nicely for the most part, and I was really digging the effects when you're in space and you can see the light and dark side of the planet based on where the sun was.

Lime

soontroll, you got an online album with all your Space Engine shots? They're great and I'd like to link them to an astronomy friend of mine.

Top Bottom