• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

The game actually looks worse than that?

wat

I have no idea which shots he is referring to

Oh and my last Dark Souls shot. I wasn't really happy with any of the ones I got toward the end of the game.

12699061075_38b41f5ac7_o.jpg

Wanny

Have you bound any keys in the coalesced.bin file? (requires a special editor)

This command disables the vignette in 100% of the UE3 games I've tried it in that allow bindings:

Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="SET MATERIALEFFECT bShowInGame FALSE")

Hum after all this command removes lots of color grading and stuff. Back to suffering with the vignette.

Unreal

I wonder if anything could handle Dat Grass (+ whatever else Unreal has) with uGrids 13/15 and higher grass render distance? :3

I'm using my custom WIP mod for the grass and it's MORE demanding than Dat Grass.

I used uGrids 13 for these shots (more here) and i don't think i could get playable framerates (30fps at least) even with a pair of 290x/780ti.

Foxyone

I'm using my custom WIP mod for the grass and it's MORE demanding than Dat Grass.

I used uGrids 13 for these shots (more here) and i don't think i could get playable framerates (30fps at least) even with a pair of 290x/780ti.

It sure looks beautiful though. Your pics are always in a league of their own :3

Blizzard

Banned
You know how for a year or so, everything was lens flares, then everything was bloom, then everything was chromatic aberration or a million particles?

Just imagine if a new year pops up, and suddenly it's the year where videocards and engines can finally handle grass like this, everywhere. I can only hope I'm still alive. =P

Thorgal

I have no idea where that blue tint came from other then my screen freaking out or F.lux (a program that automatically adjusts the brightness of your screen during the day ) was fucking with me and my tired ass did not notice it .

farcry3_d3d112014-02-oisc8.jpg

Really wish there was a way to increase the LOD even further .

Blinck

I have no idea which shots he is referring to

Oh and my last Dark Souls shot. I wasn't really happy with any of the ones I got toward the end of the game.

12699061075_38b41f5ac7_o.jpg

Thank you for all the wonderful screenshots! This last one is really cool as well
Just out of curiosity, did you enjoy the game?

Blinck

Let me put it this way: I'm thinking of getting Dark Souls 2 on PS3.....

yes! one of the best gaming experiences to date

Glad that you liked it! It's an amazing game!
And yeah I'll have to buy DkS2 on the ps3 as well because I just can't wait for the PC version...
Anyway I'll be looking forward for your screenshots of Dark Souls 2 when it releases on PC!!

Top Bottom