• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 MTV Video Music Awards - Sunday August 24 @ 9PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
And they have about 10 songs that will endure long after all of the manure being squeezed out tonight is long forgotten.

Shit man, I'll be 42 in a couple of weeks and I'm inclined to agree with you, but you gotta let go of that attitude and embrace the (pop) cultural zeitgeist of the moment.

Cudder

I still can't believe Schoolboy Q is nominated for that artist to watch award. do these 15 year old girls even know who he is?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
if fifth harmony make it big will they bring back x factor us?

untitled-176njz8.gif

Shit man, I'll be 42 in a couple of weeks and I'm inclined to agree with you, but you gotta let go of that attitude and embrace the (pop) cultural zeitgeist of the moment.

I'm 44. Teenage Dream was probably my favorite pop song of 2010 (actually favorite song, period) or whenever it was. Everything she's put out since has been turgid, tuneless crap. There's plenty of electronic based pop music I like...Empire of the Sun, M83,,,,,artists that seem to put a priority on crafting an actual song. I have an open mind and have no problem embracing the occasional ubiquitous pop song but the majority of mainstream pop over the past few years is just irredeemable to me and will have the shelf life of a fruit fly.

knicks

I love how so many in this thread are putting down the MTV VMA's when realistically it is targeted at 9-17-year old girls.

I can guarantee you that they love this shit more than anything right now. It's a success for who it's meant for. I am not trying to insult anybody who like the artists in the VMA's, but if you do then I'm sure you are enjoying it, and not bitching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom