• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 MTV Video Music Awards - Sunday August 24 @ 9PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDDJDAN

untitled-176njz8.gif

That was too fast.

zychi

Banned
I love how so many in this thread are putting down the MTV VMA's when realistically it is targeted at 9-17-year old girls.

I can guarantee you that they love this shit more than anything right now. It's a success for who it's meant for. I am not trying to insult anybody who like the artists in the VMA's, but if you do then I'm sure you are enjoying it, and not bitching.

You'd be surprised how much older the age group is for women. Most aren't watching the VMAs because of other Sunday night shows, but all the women/girls I know love most of this shit they're showing and their shit reality shows

knicks

You'd be surprised how much older the age group is for women. Most aren't watching the VMAs because of other Sunday night shows, but all the women/girls I know love most of this shit they're showing and their shit reality shows

Okay, but the predominant demographic is surely girls 18 & under.

zychi

Banned
Okay, but the predominant demographic is surely girls 18 & under.

That's what they're aiming for, but they get the females up to 35.

All of this is played on the radio the female demographic love.

Notice the lack of rap, hard rock and actual hip hop?

Schoolboy Q actually being nominated blew my mind that MTV had some touch on non-pop music.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I just realized that I never knew Iggy Azalea and Azealia Banks were different people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom