• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Draft |OT| Destroying careers before they start (if you're the first pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

There is nothing wrong with not wanting to know something before it happens on T.V. You trying to force it on people is beyond stupid. Seriously. YOURACTISOLD.
I'm not forcing shit on anyone. Don't read the damn thread. The fact is it's 2014, and the NBA draft broadcast has been consistently behind twitter for the last 5 or 6 years. That's an NBA problem, not twitter's. The times have changed. When news breaks, everyone is welcome to know. Dlsying it artificially, is dumb. This isn't a movie spoiler, its just who a damn team is picking, and we already have s strong idea of who a team will pick. What is gained by sticking your fingers in your ears and closing your eyes? That's all you're doing, because anyone who genuinely cares about this draft will be on twitter and the forum.

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif
I got nothing to prove to you. Beside, what on earth am I hiding from? Was there something announced earlier that I should be worried about? No. PEACE.

zychi

Banned
Does the media just forget about Anthony Davis when they spew this "Embiid is the best big man prospective we've seen since Oden" bullshit?
Yep. Sadly new orleans gets no press besides nbatv. One of the most fun teams to watch last season. Unibrow is my boy and one of my favorites to watch

Sotha_Sil

Well, they just got a lot more fun.

I started following the Magic when I moved to Orlando back in 07, right around the time the team was peaking. These last two years have been awful to watch. We're starting to get some pieces though, and will have a ton of cap space in the future.

Jonm1010

Banned
Does the media just forget about Anthony Davis when they spew this "Embiid is the best big man prospective we've seen since Oden" bullshit?
Well Bill Simmons does seem to hate the Pelicans, but yeah it seems like this group has completely forgotten about Davis.

Maybe they meant pure Center but they haven't said that.

Even without Embiid's injuries I would keep Davis over Embiid 10 times out of 10.

Pro

I feel sorry for these top-5 picks. It's like they're punished for their hard work and talent.

So a career making millions upon millions of dollars is a punishment? You feel sorry for them? I'd say their hard work paid off exponentially.

Bowser

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress 41s
Where does Dante Exum go now? He refused to work out for Utah and did not want to get picked there because of "their market" and Trey Burke.

lolololol

Gigglepoo

Well Bill Simmons does seem to hate the Pelicans, but yeah it seems like this group has completely forgotten about Davis.

Maybe they meant pure Center but they haven't said that.

Gotta be center. Everyone (smart) acknowledges that Davis is going to be incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom