• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

lmao holy shit. Did he actually throw in a "you're cool"?

exarkun

Congrats Wizard-Gaf. shit was hard fought but the wizards deserved. One of the best games I've seen the wiz play all year (tho, ive only seen maybe 4 or 5).

Portland-gaf, tell your team to stop losing. Rox don't want to play them in the first round of the playoffs, else it will be a boring battle of first round fodder.

With the worst part of the year upon us (Football off season) I now turn most of my attention to my Suns.

So most of the season I've been pissed and disgusted with the abolition of our tank. Is it exciting to watch young hungry guys work and play well together? of course. Is it great to see my boy Dragic light bitches up? of course. Is it great to see Bledsoe wasn't all hype? Miles Plumblee come out of nowhere and play like most improved player of the year? obviously. I just don't want to see us get back to the level we were in Nash's twilight years where we are stuck as a bubble team or a team that can't get past the first round. I felt with the injuries between Dragic and Bledsoe was a prime opportunity to tank, get that stud core piece we need to make a serious push, and then have an awesome core next year. It's clear the FO has no plans of tanking now and there's strong rumors of us changing our mind and using our picks to trade for an all-star to win now (or next year anyway) and no, I'm not talking about Pau!

So fuck it, Go Suns! Win all the games! If we can somehow pull off the miracle of getting Love, I will be fully on board with this vision and get over the rebuild model. We have the cap to make it work even with Bledsoe getting big money. A man can dream and this is my hope.

As for Pau, no thanks. I suppose it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for Okafor but I feel like we could do better with his contract. No way in hell do we give anything more than Okafor and Indy's pick. Pau isn't a piece for building towards a championship, he's too old, doesn't play our run n gun style, and is a rental for a playoff push this year at best.

Giri, any moves you'd want at the deadline? What would you try to do with the Okafor contract?

If all PHX wants to offer for Pau is either he Indy or their own pick (likely to be late first) I think I'd rather take a 2nd rounder to avoid the guaranteed salary.

GM: I'd Take Tyler Ennis Over Kyrie Irving Right Now

Ennis has put up dominant numbers (for NBA projection which is heavily weighted towards steal and assist numbers due to the great past history of guys with good marks in those stats) for the best team in the nation, but this is still a bit out there.

I hate posting trade scenarios, but this one was too interesting not to post:

Houston trades: Omer Asik + Ronnie Brewer + Donatas Motiejunas + '14 1st round pick
Houston receives: Trevor Ariza + Marcin Gortat

Why for the Rockets: They dramatically upgrade their rotation, move Asik's salary off of next year's books and gear up for a deep run in the playoffs. This is basically the exact trade proposed by LarsV8.

Milwaukee trades: Ersan Ilyasova
Milwaukee receives: Brewer + Motiejunas + Jan Vesely

Why for the Bucks: They move Ilyasova's chunky salary out of a crowded frontcourt in favor of two expirings and the younger and far cheaper Motiejunas

Washington trades: Ariza + Gortat + Vesely
Washington receives: Asik + Ilyasova + HOU first

Why for the Wizards: This move focuses on the future more than today. They clear a logjam at SF, creating more minutes for Porter (and Webster) . Ilyasova would fit great with Wall and has never played with a PG of his caliber. Asik gives them elite rim protection and can anchor an excellent defense. They get a little younger as well and while a pick in the late 20's doesn't carry much expected value, you never know.

rockets age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom