• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO. You want the Lakers to pay him his salary to retire a Sun?

You want him to retire a Sun, you pay his salary like what we did for Kobe.

I think you took me a little too seriously but sure, I'd like that ;) No that's alright, we'll wait patiently until he completely washes out of the evil in the west and then scoop him up for his retirement ceremony.

giri

LMAO. You want the Lakers to pay him his salary to retire a Sun?

You want him to retire a Sun, you pay his salary like what we did for Kobe.

I don't see the suns trading for his 10M salary next year, and i don't see them doing the lakers any favours.

I'd love for him to come back and retire a sun, but a lot of franchise greats for different franchises retire elsewhere due to the guaranteed nature of NBA contracts.

Either way, his jersey will be retired in PHX.

An interesting thought is, i wonder if the NBA PA would ever allow for a retirement rule. A player can opt to retire, that year, and hence be able to be picked up by one of his former teams. His salary wouldn't count towards cap, for the team he just quit on, and one of his former teams could only offer him a vet minimums salary at max, so there's no bidding war.

If the player opted to use the rule, after the current season, they wouldn't be able to play in the NBA for 2 years. (to stop rorting of the rule)

The Los Angeles Lakers are seeking a better first round pick in exchange for Pau Gasol than what the Phoenix Suns are currently offering.

Based on current projections, the Suns have their own pick (23rd overall) and the Indiana Pacers' pick (30th overall).

The Suns also hold first round picks that belong to the Washington Wizards and Minnesota Timberwolves. The Wizards' pick is top-12 protected, so the Suns own it at this point (17th overall). The Wolves' pick is top-13 protected.

The Lakers could still complete a trade with the Suns, but they plan on fielding offers from other teams.

Mitch not even happy with a late 1st for Gasols corpse

He stay hustlin

giri

Mitch not even happy with a late 1st for Gasols corpse

He stay hustlin

He isn't finding much of a market though. There's a few current lottery teams that might be interested, but none of them really have expiring salary to give up.

Mitch isn't hustling shit, we don't want him that badly and I doubt anyone else does either. With McD, we are now in the hustling business based on the Bledsoe and Indy deals.

Pkaz01

Yea McD isnt going to help the lakers save money and give them a draft pick for a three month rental at a player who has had injuries all year and whos fit with the team is questionable.

He probably said if you dont want to pay luxury tax while tanking this is your chance. The cavs offered a worse expiring and a second rounder and they were in a more desperate position than the suns

SamuraiX-

CudFe0Z.png

linsivvi

LOL @ all the Suns fans.

Mitch wasn't asking the Suns to take Pau. The Suns contacted the Lakers. If it's a bad deal it's Mitch who turns the Suns down, not the other way round.

You got rejected, don't get it twisted.

All these media leaks, to Marc Stein no less, who is always close to the Suns, means it's the Suns management leaking stuff to the media. Why one must ask.

and i don't see them doing the lakers any favours.

Except that nobody is asking the Suns to do the Lakers any favors. It's a joke by Squall.

If anything, it's a favor to Nash, and nobody else.

thekad

Banned
I hate posting trade scenarios, but this one was too interesting not to post:

rockets age?

What's the point in renting Gortat and Ariza for a few months? I'd rather keep Asik's bitch ass. Then the pick on top of that completely kills the deal

Pau still has some left in the tank, you are not getting a stiff man. Throw some pics our way. Dude is still good for 16 and 12 each night, and thats on off nights. Dont be greedy. He can play 2 more years at this level.

Can we trade Jim Buss for popcorn?

linsivvi

Pau still has some left in the tank, you are not getting a stiff man. Throw some pics our way. Dude is still good for 16 and 12 each night, and thats on off nights. Dont be greedy. He can play 2 more years at this level.

Can we trade Jim Buss for popcorn?

According to them Pau is doner than done. Don't waste your breath. Obviously some GMs are interested or else they wouldn't consider paying his salary + tax for half a season. It's expensive even as a rental.

giri

Except that nobody is asking the Suns to do the Lakers any favors. It's a joke by Squall.

If anything, it's a favor to Nash, and nobody else.

You said if they wanted to retire him a sun, they can trade for him / pay his salary.

It was just in response to that. Taking on his salary next year for an expiring would be a "favorable situation" for the lakers.

And i don't think divisional teams should ever really be doing each other favors.

According to them Pau is doner than done. Don't waste your breath. Obviously some GMs are interested or else they wouldn't consider paying his salary + tax for half a season. It's expensive even as a rental.

Everything ok? You seem really temperamental over these pau trade rumors.

exarkun

luuulz "But Im famous too."

@Faze, I really like Gortat but his D is bad enough that I think it would be a liability even during those few moments Howard isn't on the floor. Rox need that second rim protector. His offense though, that could be fun and our pick and rolls could finally work without it being a turnover like 40% of the time when we pass it to the big man. Ariza will fuck it all up, chemistry wise by shooting too much cause Mchale wont stop him. Its mostly about getting Asik off the books, and in that sense I'd do it. No pick though. This upcoming class is too important for that shit.

Emwitus

luuulz "But Im famous too."

@Faze, I really like Gortat but his D is bad enough that I think it would be a liability even during those few moments Howard isn't on the floor. Rox need that second rim protector. His offense though, that could be fun and our pick and rolls could finally work without it being a turnover like 40% of the time when we pass it to the big man. Ariza will fuck it all up, chemistry wise by shooting too much cause Mchale wont stop him. Its mostly about getting Asik off the books, and in that sense I'd do it. No pick though. This upcoming class is too important for that shit.
The rockets need pau.... Like neeeed

LOL @ all the Suns fans.

Mitch wasn't asking the Suns to take Pau. The Suns contacted the Lakers. If it's a bad deal it's Mitch who turns the Suns down, not the other way round.

You got rejected, don't get it twisted.

All these media leaks, to Marc Stein no less, who is always close to the Suns, means it's the Suns management leaking stuff to the media. Why one must ask.

Whatever helps you sleep at night while your team continues to deteriorate. It must be awful to know you're sinking into rebuild/tank mode but most of your picks are gone. Better hope whoever you get this year is a savior! Perhaps we did contact first but did it not occur to you that teams use other teams for leverage for other suitors? The suns dangle Okafor out for Pau and other teams that desperately need cap relief may scramble to make a better offer.

linsivvi

You said if they wanted to retire him a sun, they can trade for him / pay his salary.

It was just in response to that. Taking on his salary next year for an expiring would be a "favorable situation" for the lakers.

And i don't think divisional teams should ever really be doing each other favors.

Everything ok? You seem really temperamental over these pau trade rumors.

No because if they ever trade Nash back I'd expect the Lakers to take back equal dead weight salaries. I never mentioned expiring. I just stated the fact that you cannot expect the Lakers to just pay his salary and let him go. They would at least expect a body they can use.

Temperamental? I am laughing at your saltiness over here. Worry about yourself.

Whatever helps you sleep at night while your team continues to deteriorate. It must be awful to know you're sinking into rebuild/tank mode but most of your picks are gone. Better hope whoever you get this year is a savior! Perhaps we did contact first but did it not occur to you that teams use other teams for leverage for other suitors? The suns dangle Okafor out for Pau and other teams that desperately need cap relief may scramble to make a better offer.

Oh yeah I'm really upset that my team is rebuilding after our franchise player helped us win 5 championships. I started rooting for the Lakers when they had Vlade Divac as their best player. I would feel a lot more awful now if I was a Suns fan.

Oh yeah I'm really upset that my team is rebuilding after our franchise player helped us win 5 championships. I started rooting for the Lakers when they had Vlade Divac as their best player. I would feel a lot more awful now if I was a Suns fan.

That you had to base your entire post around the past displays how truly pathetic your franchise has become. Hope those memories keep you warm the coming years!

linsivvi

That you had to base your entire post around the past displays how truly pathetic your franchise has become. Hope those memories keep you warm the coming years!

Weak troll is weak. Anyone who follows the NBA knows it's the way the CBA intended. That they managed to dragged it on to win 2 more with Pau is a miracle.

linsivvi

I also hate kmarsh, im kinda glad both steves are back. I dont have to see kmarsh's bitchass face as much.

Don't understand your hate for Meeks, other than hurting the tank, but Blake has been playing well too before he got hurt. Marshall I can totally understand though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom