• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
Not to mention there have been a few late round gems like Parsons, Singler, Pekovic, Asik, Deandre Jordan, Dragic...
I want to say that Parsons was drafted in the second round, but you're right. There are a few gems in the late round, though there's not always a late round gem in every draft

It's funny. Suns fans seem to think that other teams are delusional for not taking their shit offer, not that their own GM is the delusional one

Did anyone say this? I think it was just stated that Mitch is delusional if the thinks we're giving him a valuable pick. Both teams just felt each other out and tried to fleece the other, neither team has a dumb GM so nothing came of it. It's stupid to suggest McD is delusional, this is how haggling works, you pitch a high offer and work it down from there but conversely, Mitch said fuck that, I'm not desperate so give me value or forget it. No lulz to be had here.

linsivvi

Did anyone say this?

Yes?
Good to hear that the suns stopped trade talks with the lakers. Mitch is delusional to ask for a mid draft pick in the first round when his previous offer wasn't even a first rounder.
a late first rounder and an expiring that helps you not pay the luxury tax in a tanking year is a shit offer? For a player who has been on and off injuries all season, would cost the suns over 6 million in salary? There's a reason why he hasn't been traded for the last 2 or 3 years. Because mitch is delusional

I think it was just stated that Mitch is delusional if the thinks we're giving him a valuable pick. Both teams just felt each other out and tried to fleece the other, neither team has a dumb GM so nothing came of it. It's stupid to suggest McD is delusional, this is how haggling works, you pitch a high offer and work it down from there but conversely, Mitch said fuck that, I'm not desperate so give me value or forget it. No lulz to be had here.

I only said McD was delusional using his broken logic. If it's stupid to suggest Mcd is delusional then it's stupid to suggest Mitch is delusional. Like you said they haggled and nothing came of it. End of story. Don't know why some Suns fans have to act so bitter about it since they claimed Pau is done anyway. They should be happy not to get him then.

He's like, "hey here this shit offer that will help us win and you get nothing. Oh you don't like it? You are delusional, man, GTFO."

Yes?

I only said McD was delusional using his broken logic. If it's stupid to suggest Mcd is delusional then it's stupid to suggest Mitch is delusional. Like you said they haggled and nothing came of it. End of story. Don't know why some Suns fans have to act so bitter about it since they claimed Pau is done anyway. They should be happy not to get him then.

He's like, "hey here this shit offer that will help us win and you get nothing. Oh you don't like it? You are delusional, man, GTFO."
I agree with all of this

pkaz, lets begin the chant and dream for Love.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I imagine the Evan Turner rumor is legitimate too. We wouldn't keep him however unless we're planning to move MKG as well, which I sincerely doubt. We gave Henderson his contract out of loyalty and it is moveable. If we trade for Turner, Henderson would be going back to the Sixers. Hinkie probably wants our Portland pick as compensation though, and I imagine that's the sticking point. A first round pick is a lot to give up to get out of a $6 million, 2 year contract.
A first round pick to get rid of Henderson

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Raps fans are super salty today after watching PTI last night.

Kornheiser and Wilbon talked about the Wizards getting over .500 for the first time in years. Wilbon believes they'll finish #3 in the East beating out Atlanta, Chicago and the Brooklyn Nets...

But no reference of the team tied for 3rd in the East right now the Toronto Raptors. I can say I'm at least pleased that it seems the majority of the salt has more to do with them not even referencing the Raptors instead of feeling we are a guarantee for #3.

snack

Raps fans are super salty today after watching PTI last night.

Kornheiser and Wilbon talked about the Wizards getting over .500 for the first time in years. Wilbon believes they'll finish #3 in the East beating out Atlanta, Chicago and the Brooklyn Nets...

But no reference of the team tied for 3rd in the East right now the Toronto Raptors. I can say I'm at least pleased that it seems the majority of the salt has more to do with them not even referencing the Raptors instead of feeling we are a guarantee for #3.
I'd like to roll under the radar. Raps don't need publicity. They already got Drizzy!

Yeah, that's probably what it would take. Shit sucks. It's either that or we try to push him to a team trying to unload a bad contract like the Pelicans with Eric Gordon.

I'd do this trade

Wizards get: Gerald Henderson, and Ramon Sessions
Bobcats get: Trevor Ariza, Eric Maynor, and Chris Singleton

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Damn Big Al is on one hell of a tear. Looks like he's healthy and found his groove. Hopefully the cats can actually do something to help him out there and actually be competitive, would be good for the franchise and for Al, all this coming with the name change would be a good momentum swing.

Seriously, though, I don't think the Clippers are going to find anything for Dudley. As much as I'd like Asik, he refuses to come off the bench and so wouldn't work out. I think Ariza might be a step up, but I think the Clippers would rather get a big man instead of another SF. Also, the talk about LeBron coming to the Clippers is pretty laughable. He's already dealt with one terrible owner before. I don't think he's going to do it again. Also, I'd hate to see Griffin go, which he almost certainly would have to do to make room both in terms of cap space and in fitting in the lineup.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Seriously, though, I don't think the Clippers are going to find anything for Dudley. As much as I'd like Asik, he refuses to come off the bench and so wouldn't work out. I think Ariza might be a step up, but I think the Clippers would rather get a big man instead of another SF. Also, the talk about LeBron coming to the Clippers is pretty laughable. He's already dealt with one terrible owner before. I don't think he's going to do it again. Also, I'd hate to see Griffin go, which he almost certainly would have to do to make room both in terms of cap space and in fitting in the lineup.

AB0 and K humph.

Avery Bradley

edit- to be fair this ex kardashian is having one hell of a season. He's tough inside, pulls down a ton of rebs and has been nailin his jumpshot.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lgj3wqn

That's the only feasible way I could see us getting Humphries anyway due to the salary disparity. That would be a pure salary dump on Boston's end and taking on two non-expiring salaries. It really makes no sense for the Celtics.

Edit: A team with Gay AND Rondo would be such an amazing train wreck. Why would the Kings want a new PG anyway when Isaiah Thomas is probably their second best player?

OK if that's true then the Pacers are now somehow less likable than the Heat between George and Stephenson.

Yeah they've been pretty unlikeable with the showboating and shit as of late. At least PG hasnt tried throwing her down the stairs.

Best comment from Reddit: "Paul George loses to Miami again" lmao

I'm pretty pro choice all things considered. But offering to bribe for an abortion is pretty low.

He knocked up a stripper though and he obviously doesn't want anything to do with her now that the worst possible consequence of his actions bore out. Logically it makes sense that he would try to get her to abort the baby. Offering her a million as incentive isn't exactly forcing her to do anything.

ku-xlarge.png

http://regressing.deadspin.com/the-durant-lebron-arms-race-is-real-and-statistically-u-1515940922

This is amazing.

He knocked up a stripper though and he obviously doesn't want anything to do with her now that the worst possible consequence of his actions bore out. Logically it makes sense that he would try to get her to abort the baby. Offering her a million as incentive isn't exactly forcing her to do anything.

I think people really underestimate how difficult it is to not have at least one moment a year where you want to throw off that pleasure numbing hat on some of the ridiculous tail NBA players get

Vasectomy + kids on ice should be a standard for the young bucks

I would drive Rondo and Wallace to Sacramento if they got IT the Kings 1st rounder and dumped Wallaced on them.

tom penny pls

xnipx

So he should have used a condom. Play with fire you might get burned. He's lucky he doesn't have aids. The choice to abort should always be a conversation between both parties not a transaction.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I would drive Rondo and Wallace to Sacramento if they got IT the Kings 1st rounder and dumped Wallaced on them.

We're talking about the kings here. The Dodgers took on all the sox contracts as a reminder. There are stupid teams in all leagues. For some reason Rondo is perceived far better than he actually is, and a team like sac is just the one to overpay for him, especially since it makes sense in terms of star power. It'll keep Cousins there and happy, and they can sell them as a "big 3"

This page is gross. Can we just go back to having a nice wholesome thread where we talk about the Lakers more than they deserve and laugh at the Knicks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom