• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Al is clowning Bogut... dude literally pointed like "yo ref, he's about to foul me right here where he's touching me - watch"

*get fouled*

Bogut some shit

Pkaz01

Good to hear that the suns stopped trade talks with the lakers. Mitch is delusional to ask for a mid draft pick in the first round when his previous offer wasn't even a first rounder.

linsivvi

Good to hear that the suns stopped trade talks with the lakers. Mitch is delusional to ask for a mid draft pick in the first round when his previous offer wasn't even a first rounder.

McDonough is delusional to think that the Lakers would just help out the Suns asking for nothing in return.

Suns contacted the Lakers. Not the other way round.

Shrug.

Pkaz01

a late first rounder and an expiring that helps you not pay the luxury tax in a tanking year is a shit offer? For a player who has been on and off injuries all season, would cost the suns over 6 million in salary? There's a reason why he hasn't been traded for the last 2 or 3 years. Because mitch is delusional

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Easily Henderson's best game of the season.

He can still gtfo though

linsivvi

a late first rounder and an expiring that helps you not pay the luxury tax in a tanking year is a shit offer? For a player who has been on and off injuries all season, would cost the suns over 6 million in salary? There's a reason why he hasn't been traded for the last 2 or 3 years. Because mitch is delusional

Because they are not hurting for money and are not in a hurry to trade him?

They only want to trade him if they can both save salary and get something back. Otherwise, they are quite happy to have him finish the season here.

Why the hell would the Lakers help the Suns win again? Delusional.

Pkaz01

Because they are not hurting for money and are not in a hurry to trade him?

They only want to trade him if they can both save salary and get something back. Otherwise, they are quite happy to have him finish the season here.

Why the hell would the Lakers help the Suns win again? Delusional.

That doesn't change the fact that his current value doesn't bring anything back and no one is giving up a better pick than a late first rounder to get him. To deny that and ask for a better pick from every team in the league is insane

linsivvi

That doesn't change the fact that his current value doesn't bring anything back and no one is giving up a better pick than a late first rounder to get him. To deny that and ask for a better pick from every team in the league is insane

First of all that's not a fact.

Secondly, you go to a team with an offer, they don't agree with it and so talk broke off.

End of story. You don't have to call the other team delusional for not taking your offer. That's childish.

Mitch is also not "asking for a better pick from every team in the league". The Suns called him. So your GM wants to win this season so much? Go scam some other team with your shit contract.

Pkaz01

First of all that's not a fact.

Secondly, you go to a team with an offer, they don't agree with it and so talk broke off.

End of story. You don't have to call the other team delusional for not taking your offer. That's childish.

Lets not act like the suns are the first team they have tried this with and didn't just do it to the cavs like two weeks ago

linsivvi

Lets not act like the suns are the first team they have tried this with and didn't just do it to the cavs like two weeks ago

They didn't try it with the Suns. They didn't like what the Suns offered. Period.

A good GM is to be patient and wait for the right deal. Not take the first fucking offer. Especially when you don't have to trade a player.

Pkaz01

They didn't try it with the Suns. They didn't like what the Suns offered. Period.

A good GM is to be patient and wait for the right deal. Not take the first fucking offer. Especially when you don't have to trade a player.

We have been hearing Pau Gasol rumors for the last 2 years he has had his offers and now Pau has no value

We have been hearing Pau Gasol rumors for the last 2 years he has had his offers and now Pau has no value

He was traded for Chris Paul before... you know...

As for injuries, Pau has played 44 of 47 games this year, not really sure how that is off an on all season?

thekad

Banned
He was traded for Chris Paul before... you know...

As for injuries, Pau has played 44 of 47 games this year, not really sure how that is off an on all season?
Well he's out for the next two weeks and has mostly been bad to mediocre save for one month. Bargnani had a good month once, too.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Thats racist.

What's him being aussie got to do with shit?

I'll ship some spiders to you!
!!

deargod.gif

late first rounders aren't very attractive to teams that are trying to clear cap space. You are guaranteeing money on your cap to a guy that has borderline 2nd round type talent.

Late firsts get $1 million a year, that's really not a drag on anyone's cap.

Not to mention there have been a few late round gems like Parsons, Singler, Pekovic, Asik, Deandre Jordan, Dragic...

Lakers won't make the move because of "feels" though. Mitch doesn't have the stomach to surround Steve and Kobe with complete ass even if it betters the team. His only downfall is his inability to say no to his stars.

I guess we have the Warriors' number. Big Al really has been killing it lately. I'm glad Kemba is back in action now too. I'm really starting to believe in this team. If we can upgrade our shooting and bring in another big in free agency, which are both doable considering our picks and cap space, we'll be going places.

I guess we have the Warriors' number. Big Al really has been killing it lately. I'm glad Kemba is back in action now too. I'm really starting to believe in this team. If we can upgrade our shooting and bring in another big in free agency, which are both doable considering our picks and cap space, we'll be going places.

Giving up on Biyombo?

And I really hate what yall are doin to MKG.

Giving up on Biyombo?

And I really hate what yall are doin to MKG.

Naw, giving up on McRoberts and Zeller isn't ready yet so we need someone else to pair with Al when he's on the court. I'd love for Biz to be that guy, but our offense would be D league level with him at the 4. Biz should be here to stay, we won't be able to find another rim protecting big without having to shell out big money.

I hate what we're doing with MKG too. His leash is way too short and we do absolutely nothing to involve him in the offense. Part of it is a rookie coach learning the ins and outs of rotation management and the other is playing with Henderson. He also gets down on himself way too easily and when he does that he stops being aggressive. If he wants more touches he's going to have to out alpha Henderson and stop pulling himself out of the offense when he makes a bad play. Mostly we need to get rid of Hendo and pair MKG with someone who actually complements his game.

Apparently Jared Dudley is being shopped. My dream is still alive.
I have mixed feelings about that. I like him as a person, but he's been really disappointing on the court. We aren't getting Hayward and there aren't a lot of other decent SFs who might be available. Maybe we're looking at getting a backup big instead, leaving Barnes as the starting SF and Turkoglu as his backup.

I imagine the Evan Turner rumor is legitimate too. We wouldn't keep him however unless we're planning to move MKG as well, which I sincerely doubt. We gave Henderson his contract out of loyalty and it is moveable. If we trade for Turner, Henderson would be going back to the Sixers. Hinkie probably wants our Portland pick as compensation though, and I imagine that's the sticking point. A first round pick is a lot to give up to get out of a $6 million, 2 year contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom