• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emwitus

there are very few, mainly outlier, seasons where 1 player took a team to the finals.

Typically, there are combinations of 3 guys doing it.

Last time OKC went to the finals, durant, YNB, harden.

Miami, Wade, LBJ, Bosh.

Pacers: George, Stephenson, Hibbert

Spurs: TP, TD, Manu/Green/Kawahi.

Grizz: Conley, M.Gasol, Z-Bo

The last good Celtics: PP, KG, Ray Allen.

The NBA is one of the most affected teams by the change of 1 superstar, yes, but they're not typically winning anything on their own.
Kobe, pau ,Lamar ? Kobe, shaq, fisher? I'd don't know man

Smokey

Wtf, you're back? Welcome back homie.

You liked the last few games?

Yes I have. Getting healthy and finally getting back to a full squad. Imagine if Asik wasn't acting like a bitch.

However the real test is the rest of the month. Only one home game.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
there are very few, mainly outlier, seasons where 1 player took a team to the finals.

Typically, there are combinations of 3 guys doing it.

Last time OKC went to the finals, durant, YNB, harden.

Miami, Wade, LBJ, Bosh.

Pacers: George, Stephenson, Hibbert

Spurs: TP, TD, Manu/Green/Kawahi.

Grizz: Conley, M.Gasol, Z-Bo

The last good Celtics: PP, KG, Ray Allen.

The NBA is one of the most affected teams by the change of 1 superstar, yes, but they're not typically winning anything on their own.

My point is not that it's just when, it's that trading or acquiring one makes a massive difference moreso in this league than any other league. The talent is spread thin, and these players generally all bunch together. This isn't anything new it's just the way it's always been.

Shaq's poor free throw shooting cost him over 5,000 points!

If he shot 60% from the FT line he scores 816 more points in his career.
If he shot 70% from the FT line he scores 1941 more points in his career.
If he shot 80% from the FT line he scores 3066 more points in his career.
If he shot 90% from the FT line he scores 4191 more points in his career.

Of course this is bad analysis because if he was shooting better teams wouldn't have fouled him at nearly the same rate, so he would've had fewer attempts.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
If he shot 60% from the FT line he scores 816 more points in his career.
If he shot 70% from the FT line he scores 1941 more points in his career.
If he shot 80% from the FT line he scores 3066 more points in his career.
If he shot 90% from the FT line he scores 4191 more points in his career.

Of course this is bad analysis because if he was shooting better teams wouldn't have fouled him at nearly the same rate, so he would've had fewer attempts.

Shaq averaged around 10FT/gm, which sounds about right for a player his caliber. I don't think he would've been fouled that much less.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Shaq averaged around 10FT/gm, which sounds about right for a player his caliber. I don't think he would've been fouled that much less.

Agreed it doesn't really matter in the end.

Obviously you'd have less free throw attempts from teams not intentionally fouling you near the end of games but you'd also get more free throw attempts naturally because your team actually will pass you the ball at the end of games instead of shying away from you.

Don't forget Horry.

HorryLakers.jpg

I haven't watched a Laker game since early Jan First time in all my life. Feels so weird. .

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yes I have. Getting healthy and finally getting back to a full squad. Imagine if Asik wasn't acting like a bitch.

However the real test is the rest of the month. Only one home game.

Good to have you back. Stay the hell off the gaming side.

Also lol

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/suns-celebrate-kj-dunk-night

I'm sure this has been posted, too lazy to look back.

Suns to celebrate KJ's dunk over Dream. Great dunk, but celebrating it? lolz Rockets should counter back with the kiss of death.

Since Carmelo Anthony led Jim Boeheim's Syracuse Orangemen to a national championship his freshman year, it's no surprise that his former coach still has his best interests at heart.

Boeheim wants Anthony to win. Not just win games and get an early exit out of the playoffs, but win it all.

The Syracuse head coach, whose top-ranked team is on a 22-0 start, was on ESPN radio this week and feels that even though Anthony likes New York, he should consider his legacy before rejoining the Knicks after he becomes a free agent at the end of this season.

"The problem in the NBA, you're judged on winning championships," Boeheim said. "He's got to try to go and play where they can win a championship or else he's going to be a failure. That's the bottom line."

Harsh.

Shadow780

LMFAO this week's Land O'Lakers Podcast is fantastic, I'm rolling at the segment of them reading as Sasha Vuijacic in erotic novels.

reilo

Great start for Portland. 28 points on the Pacers in the quarter is no small feat.

reilo

Goddamn Portland you gotta make those open threes. Five offensive rebounds in a single possession isn't a good thing.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
LOL DMC pushes off and travels on same play, I'm alright with it though. Derrick looks quicker than I remember.

edit- KO playin hard as always. Once he starts gettin some calls and adjusts his range he'll be damn good.

It's amazing how they don't seem to feature STAT when he's been so efficient on the PnR and jumper recently. Priggy gets him so many dunks.

EDIT: ... not a kickball? Or did it hit JR's foot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom