• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjasper

How do people forget who runs our ship? We lost on a Gibson layup earlier too
Losing on layups and putback tip ins happen all the time but losing on dunks is pretty rare. It takes perfect timing and absolute shit defense. Lakers might have the shit defense down but the timing is the hard part.

thekad

Banned
Hopefully the Clips can move into the 3 seed with their easy schedule and the Rockets can get Portland in the first round.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Hopefully the Clips can move into the 3 seed with their easy schedule and the Rockets can get Portland in the first round.

Rockets don't even look like a second round team most nights. They should be dodging Portland like the plague and be after some old/busted team that'll be limping across the finish line like SA.

thekad

Banned
Rockets don't even look like a second round team most nights. They should be dodging Portland like the plague and be after some old/busted team that'll be limping across the finish line like SA.
They've beaten Portland by double digits twice already this year and none of the top teams have gone through as big a slump as the Blazers are in now. I think Hollinger's power rankings have them ninth or something now.

Furyous

A couple thoughts on that Cavs W:

Kyrie actually played like a point guard. I'm pinching my cheek to see if I'm awake right now.

Dion is the new JR Soo Woo Smith. All he needs to do is allegedly pay a street organization to enter into their ranks, frolick with R&B singers, and poorly represent America in China. Hopefully, his performance boost his trade value.

We won which is great for MB's job security.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
A couple thoughts on that Cavs W:

Kyrie actually played like a point guard. I'm pinching my cheek to see if I'm awake right now.

Dion is the new JR Soo Woo Smith. All he needs to do is allegedly pay a street organization to enter into their ranks, frolick with R&B singers, and poorly represent America in China. Hopefully, his performance boost his trade value.

We won which is great for MB's job security.

Firing a GM or coach is good for 3-5 wins before the team returns to the norm if not worse.

They've beaten Portland by double digits twice already this year and none of the top teams have gone through as big a slump as the Blazers are in now. I think Hollinger's power rankings have them ninth or something now.

To still be at 9th in hollinger's power rankings is pretty crazy given how much weight his formula gives to a team's recent record. first round in the west is still a toss up (except for okc's series).

lol typical raptors game. get down big early, make it close in the end just to fuck with me
The Clippers let up mostly due to Blake getting his fifth foul in the third quarter. He has played great in CP3'S absence, but he really needs to stop fouling so much.

With the standings the way they are I would like to see the Mavs get to a 6th seed spot before the all-star break.

They have been playing much better lately and Monta has been a decent bit more efficient. Going from a .416% FGA in the 2012-2013 season too a .462% FGA this year.

He's been laying off his forced jumpers and if there's a clear lane inside the paint than he's guaranteed to score unless the other team has a large inside presence.

He has the second highest season total points for the Mavs so far this year with 970, only under Dirk.

giri

With the standings the way they are I would like to see the Mavs get to a 6th seed spot before the all-star break.

They have been playing much better lately and Monta has been a decent bit more efficient. Going from a .416% FGA in the 2012-2013 season too a .462% FGA this year.

He's been laying off his forced jumpers and if there's a clear lane inside the paint than he's guaranteed to score unless the other team has a large inside presence.

He has the second highest season total points for the Mavs so far this year with 970, only under Dirk.

They should be working on staying in the eight, with memphis right behind them.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
SB Nation NBA ‏@SBNationNBA
Josh Smith's performance in Detroit has been uneven all season. The Pistons are already open to shopping him: http://sbn.to/1gXgoN7

But who want Josh Smith?

linsivvi

Bummer (forgot about that). I think all of us saw that the Josh Smith signing wasn't going to help out Detroit

Actually after double checking the rules I'm not too sure. I might be wrong.

Edit: Yeah he can be traded straight up, just not in a combination with other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom