• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those aren't "power moves" they're just "moves".

Bledsoe for Thad is a downgrade. And the 76'ers would put protection around the pick that would realistically limit its value in the short term.

I like Thad, but he's undersized, and un-remarkable. He's not a building block nor cornerstone player of a chip team. He could certainly be a Odom level guy, for a chip team though.

We'll disagree about Pau's value. He'd be good to have, most certainly, but to keep him you have to pay him, and i don't think his value would be worth it for the suns team looking for 1st 2nd option level guys.

Bosh would elevate them, but i don't think anyone can be realistically hinging ALL plans around stealing away one of the cHeat players. LBJ, Wade nor Bosh.

And Hayward's play this year leaves serious questions on the table. I think he's better than what his numbers show, His numbers are ... very up and down and all over the place. And he's being asked to do too much in Utah at the moment. But it's ... well i'll put it this way. Dragic's numbers last year, are better than haywards this year, and the teams are about equally terrible, and both were in similar situations.

I think Hayward will make the leap back to being efficient. His numbers in January when the Jazz got their PG back are great. But his February numbers are abysmal, and Burke has played all those games too.

But Hayward is also a RFA, and i think the Jazz will match any offer put in front of him. And ultimately, i think Hayward is a SG, not a SF. Which is great if the suns signed him out right, it gives them tons of options to package Dragic or Bledsoe. But.... they're not going to get him.
I'll agree with you on all counts. I don't think Thad is a player that's going to push a team towards a title, I was trying to brainstorm for impact big men. The teams that have one aren't trying to move them. Even Greg Monroe hasn't been traded yet. But I think if the Suns need a franchise #1 guy, it's got to be a big man. But let's remember that this team is owned by Robert Sarver, the penny pincher. Nash gonna die ringless Thanks to him.

I'm interested to see what Bosh decides to do. He's been so under-appreciated that people are forgetting he's a dominant player at his position. He could elevate a team like Dallas or Phoenix into a position to contend. Especially if Miami is out of the picture.

Mentioning Gordon Hayward still hurts because he destroyed my fantasy team late January/early February. But I still think he's one of the better options at his position and would look good in Boston, San Antonio or Phoenix. But it's unlikely Utah lets him walk. Unless he gets a 14 million dollar offer.
Pek has bursitis and won't be back til after the break, Martin broke his thumb, Love has a bunch of things wrong with him (thigh, ankle, neck).
Wait, who said Pek isn't back until after the break? Asking for fantasy purposes.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You might if he plays well tho...

well yea so we up our chances of trading him, then I hope he plays well. He will be even worse next year with his attitude if he plays well and can't start still.

He's not about bench life, winning or doing whats best for the team like Lin. Shit is funny since he got paid big time and he's still not happy.

pilonv1

Bf_uaKjCEAAFQJE.jpg

smokey is at the bucks game

I'm always on Tayshaun's back this season, and I feel it's mostly justified, but that Charlie Brown walk he just did to the bench after only being in two minutes made me feel awful.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rockets playing down to a crappy team... shocking.

Matrix

Are you fucking kidding me with that offensive foul call on Dwight?

fucking shit ass league for centers

Matrix

Bucks announcers just said Harden was a really good defender...

LOL

giri

The wade highlight reel on league pass is god damn insufferable because of the DWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEE WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE announcer call ever time.

Matrix

Well to be fair, he's been pretty good on defense as of late. Much better than at the beginning of the season.

A week or two of good D doesn't make you a good defender. Harden's overall D is more of a mix of the beginning of the season and now.

Not saying he won't and can't get better at D, but he's not considered a really good defender and shouldn't be labeled as one.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
That was too close for comfort!

A week or two of good D doesn't make you a good defender. Harden's overall D is more of a mix of the beginning of the season and now.

Not saying he won't and can't get better at D, but he's not considered a really good defender and shouldn't be labeled as one.
He might not be an exceptional defender in any way, but he's not a huge liability like it was commonly lauded at the beginning of the season.

Edit: He's actually in the top 10 when it comes to blocking 3s IIRC.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
We did it. We won without Mike. Pop bottles.

Edit: also won with the lowest fts attempted in 30 years.
Chris Vivlamore ‏@ajchawks
Grizzlies 1-for-1 from FT-Line. No team has shot one or fewer free throws in a game since start of 1985-86 season.

That's fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom