• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevinger

Suns interested in Rudy Gay

85ttaoS.gif

giri

don't see it happening unless the Kings grab one of Wiggins or Jabari

Don't see it happening cause it makes no sense for the team, and McD hasn't been that interested in him to date.

The kings seem set on retaining him anyway.

But the article THAT rumour is based on is.... shockingly bad. It's basically just throwing names at the wall.

Missed the Knicks last night but hey another bi-polar performance. IDGAF anymore, but heard Tyler and Amare were beasting.

Holy crap at the end of OKC/Magic though. Damn lol

Appears they want to keep him for the play off push.I don't see them keeping him next year though, given how luxury tax averse they are. Unless stephenson signs for a considerable discount.

Unless the Pacers go ahead and sign him it's a safe bet some team is going to offer him 10 million. If we can unload Henderson I'd be willing to bet Charlotte would be one of them.

Edit: He and Kemba are bros too, crazier things have happened.

If I'm the Suns, I look at an Eric Bledsoe for Thad Young and a first round deal. Then use one of their picks in the centerpiece of an Okafor for Gasol swap. Wait until the summer for the contacts to wipe off and make a major play for Chris Bosh and then Gordon Hayward. In the meantime,

Dragic
Green
Tucker/Morris lol
Young/Morris
Gasol/Frye

can get you a playoff spot while you wait on the Sixers pick to bear fruit. That's thinking Philly would be bold enough to do that deal though.

Also, Pacers should have flipped Granger long ago. You gotta strike while the iron is hot. Just like the Clippers did with "future star" Eric Gordon. Now it's too late.

giri

Unless the Pacers go ahead and sign him it's a safe bet some team is going to offer him 10 million. If we can unload Henderson I'd be willing to bet Charlotte would be one of them.

Edit: He and Kemba are bros too, crazier things have happened.

I imagine the suns will be one of those teams too.

giri

If I'm the Suns, I look at an Eric Bledsoe for Thad Young and a first round deal. Then use one of their picks in the centerpiece of an Okafor for Gasol swap. Wait until the summer for the contacts to wipe off and make a major play for Chris Bosh and then Gordon Hayward. In the meantime,

Dragic
Green
Tucker/Morris lol
Young/Morris
Gasol/Frye

can get you a playoff spot while you wait on the Sixers pick to bear fruit. That's thinking Philly would be bold enough to do that deal though.

Also, Pacers should have flipped Granger long ago. You gotta strike while the iron is hot. Just like the Clippers did with "future star" Eric Gordon. Now it's too late.

So the suns trade a young all star caliber player for Thad Young in a win now move.

Give up okafor and a high pick for gasol in a win now move.

Then try and get haywood? in a development move? and wait for the 76'ers pick, in a development move?

What the suns need is a undersized PF playing at SF putting up volume based career numbers, and then an aged PF/C who is becoming injury prone and putting up career lows in a few categories. Whilst becoming worse defensively over all. And not knowing if you're winning now or in the future.

Makes sense.

In the east.

I imagine the suns will be one of those teams too.

He'd be a good fit for you guys. He's the one guy I really want in this year's free agent pool. Outside of the second coming of Ray Allen in the draft he's the biggest realistic upgrade we could make to our roster.

giri

He'd be a good fit for you guys. He's the one guy I really want in this year's free agent pool. Outside of the second coming of Ray Allen in the draft he's the biggest realistic upgrade we could make to our roster.

FA list

Yeah, there's a lot of ... blah there in the FA list unless guys take their ETO's.

Otherwise it'll all be about next year, and who does/doesn't sign with miami and for what price.

Noel is probably better than every player in this year's draft class...

Embiid is turning the ball nearly 30% of the time in conference play, Parker is getting blocked every other time he takes the ball inside, and Wiggins' skill level still sucks.

Still some all-star potential guys and a lot of good players, but I don't think anyone is emerging to the level of a #1 pick...

Noel is probably better than every player in this year's draft class...

Embiid is turning the ball nearly 30% of the time in conference play, Parker is getting blocked every other time he takes the ball inside, and Wiggins' skill level still sucks.

Still some all-star potential guys and a lot of good players, but I don't think anyone is emerging to the level of a #1 pick...

How quickly you've turned on Embiid...

So the suns trade a young all star caliber player for Thad Young in a win now move.

Give up okafor and a high pick for gasol in a win now move.

Then try and get haywood? in a development move? and wait for the 76'ers pick, in a development move?

What the suns need is a undersized PF playing at SF putting up volume based career numbers, and then an aged PF/C who is becoming injury prone and putting up career lows in a few categories. Whilst becoming worse defensively over all. And not knowing if you're winning now or in the future.

Makes sense.

In the east.
The Sixers pick is going to turn out to be top 8 at this rate. Thad Young could stand to be more efficient, yes, but I'd argue that he'd get better around better players. Pau is still a contributor and an All Star caliber player for a 15-20 pick and Okafor isn't a bad pull.

Hayward is a good player.
Bosh would elevate the team to becoming noise makers in the West.

The Suns need to be looking to make power moves rather than trying to grow organically at this point.

The 76ers have the third worst record in the NBA, one of the worst point differentials in recent NBA history, and will try to intentionally lose games after the deadline.

Too good to tank.

Gigglepoo

so is Indy going to hang on to Granger after all?

The Pacers are all in this year. Granger gives them more immediate help than anyone they could get in return. It's a risky decision for their long-term prospects, but they have to try their hardest for a championship when the chance comes.

giri

The Sixers pick is going to turn out to be top 8 at this rate. Thad Young could stand to be more efficient, yes, but I'd argue that he'd get better around better players. Pau is still a contributor and an All Star caliber player for a 15-20 pick and Okafor isn't a bad pull.

Hayward is a good player.
Bosh would elevate the team to becoming noise makers in the West.

The Suns need to be looking to make power moves rather than trying to grow organically at this point.

Those aren't "power moves" they're just "moves".

Bledsoe for Thad is a downgrade. And the 76'ers would put protection around the pick that would realistically limit its value in the short term.

I like Thad, but he's undersized, and un-remarkable. He's not a building block nor cornerstone player of a chip team. He could certainly be a Odom level guy, for a chip team though.

We'll disagree about Pau's value. He'd be good to have, most certainly, but to keep him you have to pay him, and i don't think his value would be worth it for the suns team looking for 1st 2nd option level guys.

Bosh would elevate them, but i don't think anyone can be realistically hinging ALL plans around stealing away one of the cHeat players. LBJ, Wade nor Bosh.

And Hayward's play this year leaves serious questions on the table. I think he's better than what his numbers show, His numbers are ... very up and down and all over the place. And he's being asked to do too much in Utah at the moment. But it's ... well i'll put it this way. Dragic's numbers last year, are better than haywards this year, and the teams are about equally terrible, and both were in similar situations.

I think Hayward will make the leap back to being efficient. His numbers in January when the Jazz got their PG back are great. But his February numbers are abysmal, and Burke has played all those games too.

But Hayward is also a RFA, and i think the Jazz will match any offer put in front of him. And ultimately, i think Hayward is a SG, not a SF. Which is great if the suns signed him out right, it gives them tons of options to package Dragic or Bledsoe. But.... they're not going to get him.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
How did I missed this:

bflxmzlcqaal6jedfu7t.png

theScore NBA ‏@theScoreNBA 3 févr.
John Wall wants Kevin Durant on the #Wizards, plans to recruit. pic.twitter.com/fpZsFhR0FS

Look good in a Wizards uniform!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Asik is playing tonight and I don't give a single fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom