• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
And we want to trade for emo Turner why exactly? I want to get rid of Henderson badly, but he and Turner are pretty even when it comes to talent. And we wouldn't be keeping him so we'd do the trade just to jettison Hendo and free up cap space. What does gaf think? Is Henderson and the Portland first for Turner a horrible trade for the Bobcats?
I think it's legit. We get rid of Henderson, which is a positive. Evan can actually handle the ball and not puss out of 3pt looks too. I think he'd be a net positive and get us some more money for the off-season. Hell, he might actually be great for us if he learns to play off-ball finally. Turner is probably best as a 6th man in all honesty though.

And the Thunder right after that! It's time to see what this team is made of. JJ should be back on Wednesday too.

Well I'm not exactly thrilled about Redick coming back, but CP3 should help us win at least half of our next 4 games. That's my goal anyway. If we can win more, then great.

Evan Turner said:
“I’m having a career year [in 2013-14] and people are still complaining. I don’t pay attention to it anymore. I know I can play basketball. Some people have never played basketball in their life and now they’re telling me how to play.

“When it came down to it, I got blamed for dang near everything. I wasn’t this, I wasn’t that. You become insecure about it after a while but once you start maturing, you’re just, whatever. I don’t worry about it anymore.”

they've broken him

;_;

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I could've sworn Emo Turner was averaging 20PPG in the season at one point?

*checks splits*

February: 11.6PPG, 35.7FG%, 27.3 3PT%, 86ORtg, +/- -20, 2.6APG

;_;

DY_nasty

I could've sworn Emo Turner was averaging 20PPG in the season at one point?

*checks splits*

February: 11.6PPG, 35.7FG%, 27.3 3PT%, 86ORtg, +/- -20, 2.6APG

;_;
So that's why Philly isn't getting a first

Dude, how can you hate on Redick? He's been awesome for us this season.

He's been decent, but he's really streaky and nowhere near the scorer we need him to be considering his horrible defense. The only reasons we may be better than last year are because of Doc's coaching and Blake and DJ's improvement. Otherwise, I think our offseason moves have mostly turned out to be poor aside from maybe Collison, who has been a decent replacement for Bledsoe.

I think it's legit. We get rid of Henderson, which is a positive. Evan can actually handle the ball and not puss out of 3pt looks too. I think he'd be a net positive and get us some more money for the off-season. Hell, he might actually be great for us if he learns to play off-ball finally. Turner is probably best as a 6th man in all honesty though.

I don't know about Turner learning to play off ball, but opening up Henderson's salary would clear out our 2 spot cap completely and give us tons of money to sign some shooters and another power forward. Lance Stephenson and someone like Jordan Hill or Ed Davis would really boost our roster. Anthony Morrow would be a great signing for cheap too considering he fills a need and is from Charlotte.

I don't know about Turner learning to play off ball, but opening up Henderson's salary would clear out our 2 spot cap completely and give us tons of money to sign some shooters and another power forward. Lance Stephenson and someone like Jordan Hill or Ed Davis would really boost our roster. Anthony Morrow would be a great signing for cheap too considering he fills a need and is from Charlotte.

Lance Stephenson is a not a shooter and signing him would be saying to Kemba that the organization doesn't believe in him as their future PG.

Zep

Banned
they've broken him

;_;

boo fucking hoo

NfPbSjj.jpg

"cancel this bitch"

Lance Stephenson is a not a shooter and signing him would be saying to Kemba that the organization doesn't believe in him as their future PG.

He's not a great shooter, but he's at least an average one which is more than you can say of Henderson. He's a playmaking 2 guard and that skillset would be just as valuable to us as better spacing would be. Kemba and he would play together just fine and he'd help MKG find more opportunities to get involved in the offense. If we're really invested in him we have to find guys that can do that - and Stephenson can.

Edit: Outside of us offering him a cap killing contract the only incentive he has to come to Charlotte is to play with Kemba so it's probably a moot point in the end. Chicago and the Lakers would offer just as much money, so he'd likely sign there if he's not staying with the Pacers.

Kemba

Lance

MKG

cmon now LOJ

we'll have to invent a new word for that one--"hornball"

Kemba

Lance

MKG

cmon now LOJ

we'll have to invent a new word for that one--"hornball"

Our shooting would still be below average, but we'd have one of the best dribble driving backcourts in the league. Would just need MKG to become respectable from beyond the arc, and I'm confident he'll get there eventually.

Don't like the Jeff Green trade. He's gonna have to start/play in crunch time since he's owed 20mil in the next 2 years.

He's better as a small ball 4 than a straight up SF, but we're trying to move Horford back to his preferred position at PF. Doesn't make sense.

DY_nasty

Lance and Kemba don't make sense and Lance is not someone I want on my favorite team.

I don't think we need to sign a big right away as much as we need some actual shooting guard production. The fact Henderson can't handle the ball in any capacity holds us back.

Tom Penny

Don't like the Jeff Green trade. He's gonna have to start/play in crunch time since he's owed 20mil in the next 2 years.

He's better as a small ball 4 than a straight up SF, but we're trying to move Horford back to his preferred position at PF. Doesn't make sense.

How else are you going to get a go to scorer who can drop 35+?

then sub 10 points the next game

exarkun

He's been decent, but he's really streaky and nowhere near the scorer we need him to be considering his horrible defense. The only reasons we may be better than last year are because of Doc's coaching and Blake and DJ's improvement. Otherwise, I think our offseason moves have mostly turned out to be poor aside from maybe Collison, who has been a decent replacement for Bledsoe.

JJ's D is not "horrible." I think you're thinking of Dudley, who is assy ass cheeks. Dude sucks. JJ's D is bad, but better than his last few years, and his 3 pointers and 15 ft jumpshot is the reason hes on the floor and the clippers clearly need him. Even with the injury, hes near the top of the league in 3 pts made.

JJ in means Dudles doesn't have to see the floor, which is a huge net positive for the clips.

JJ's D is not "horrible." I think you're thinking of Dudley, who is assy ass cheeks. Dude sucks. JJ's D is bad, but better than his last few years, and his 3 pointers and 15 ft jumpshot is the reason hes on the floor and the clippers clearly need him. Even with the injury, hes near the top of the league in 3 pts made.

JJ in means Dudles doesn't have to see the floor, which is a huge net positive for the clips.

His DWS is something like a 0.6, while Dudley's is about a 0.9. Both have played bad defense, but JJ's defense has been considerably worse. I agree that Dudley's been pretty terrible this year, especially considering the fact that we gave up Bledsoe to get him. Again, I think our offseason moves have turned out pretty bad and even our mid-season pickups have been less than stellar. If Doc really is behind the personnel decisions, then that's probably my biggest problem with him.

LaVine would be a great gamble with Detroits pick. Great shooter and athleticism.

This draft is weird for athleticism. Guys like Embiid, Delon Wright, KJ McDaniels, and Exum are all definitely elite or really high level athletes but the other guys are hard to classify. Wiggins, LaVine, and Gordon all look awesome on mixtapes, but they're all clumsy and don't put up athletic stats whereas Vonleh and WCS are the exact opposite in being agile but ground-bound.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
His DWS is something like a 0.6, while Dudley's is about a 0.9. Both have played bad defense, but JJ's defense has been considerably worse. I agree that Dudley's been pretty terrible this year, especially considering the fact that we gave up Bledsoe to get him. Again, I think our offseason moves have turned out pretty bad and even our mid-season pickups have been less than stellar. If Doc really is behind the personnel decisions, then that's probably my biggest problem with him.

That's because Dudley has played 24 more games and 600 more minutes... Do the math. Dumb comparison.

JJ's WS/48 is .154 versus Dudley's .066. If JJ had played the same minutes, he would've contributed more DWS.

And let's please not bring up DWS... DWS says that Blake Griffin and Kevin Love are better defenders than LaMarcus. Would you agree with that?

That's because Dudley has played 24 more games and 600 more minutes... Do the math. Dumb comparison.

JJ's WS/48 is .154 versus Dudley's .066. If JJ had played the same minutes, he would've contributed more DWS.

And let's please not bring up DWS... DWS says that Blake Griffin and Kevin Love are better defenders than LaMarcus. Would you agree with that?

Again, I'm not arguing that Dudley is much better than Redick... honestly, Redick is easily the better of the 2, but that's really not saying that much. Dudley started out disappointingly and has only gotten worse. I'm not going to lie. The biggest reason I dislike Redick is I think he's a disgusting person. From a playing standpoint, he annoys me because he seems to feed off Blake and doesn't do much to create for himself. He's like Crawford with less effort and more boneheaded plays.

giri

This campaign you have to make LMA a defensive beast is entertaining.

him and Peyton Manning, right?

I have a little more respect for Peyton after how he handled the last Super Bowl. He seems to have matured a bit since his days on the Colts where he blamed the kicker despite playing pretty poorly himself in clutch moments.

Are you going to defend a guy who pressured the mother of his child to get an abortion and then lied about it?

giri

I have a little more respect for Peyton after how he handled the last Super Bowl. He seems to have matured a bit since his days on the Colts where he blamed the kicker despite playing pretty poorly himself in clutch moments.

Are you going to defend a guy who pressured the mother of his child to get an abortion and then lied about it?

You say mother of his child like she was more than a 1 night stand.

And like she's doing it out of some sanctity of life and not for the money.

I've said for a long time, people have to stop associating sex, with an acceptance of all parties involved to have children. Its long since stopped being that.

Marshall is leading the entire NBA in three-point shooting."

Marshall has drained 44 of the 89 three pointers he’s attempted for that league-best average of 49.4 percent, and converted on 46.5 percent of his total field goals (92 of 198), tied with Chris Paul for second amongst point guards behind only Tony Parker (50 percent).

Shotchart_13920175489231-500x470.png

wtf, i hate him. i fucking hate this guy.

You say mother of his child like she was more than a 1 night stand.

And like she's doing it out of some sanctity of life and not for the money.

I've said for a long time, people have to stop associating sex, with an acceptance of all parties involved to have children. Its long since stopped being that.

I know my views on sex and abortion are very different than most in this thread. I was hoping most people would view coerced abortion to be a bad thing, but I guess even that's not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom