• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekad

Banned

Can't say I really disagree with what he's saying. Dwight is averaging 26 and 12 over this win streak. When they play through him they are much better than when harden jabs the fuck out of the air for a step back 3. Parsons directly called him out on this BS a few weeks ago. Talking about how the offensive flow is much better whenever Harden is out.

This is one of the dumbest articles ever.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Nice big lead going bye bye like usual.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wow. Rockets look terrible now. Hideous basketball.

Hey it's only the 1st quarter...

oh wait it's not.

This shit is typical even when they win. Nothing is easy.

Matrix

flopping bitch fake centers

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Finally blowing it up properly. Unless the Wolves channel Reggie Miller's energy, it's a wrap.

Matrix

Hey Love...

want to be a Rocket!?

Vic

BTW, I LOVED how Harden was benched most of the 4th till the end. Helped the Rockets to take it away from the Wolves.

thekad

Banned
So with the Wolves pretty much eliminated from the playoffs, how long until Love starts the disgruntled star routine again.

exarkun

BTW, I LOVED how Harden was benched most of the 4th till the end. Helped the Rockets to take it away from the Wolves.

The girl and I were wondering about this. Do you think he got benched, or did McHale just do the "Im gonna stick with the unit that got me this far" thing he does sometimes (which is what pissed of Lowry when McHale got to town).

Shoutout to giri, cause before Harden sat on that warm seat on the bench, he had two bad isos and he passed up a wide open Garcia in the corner (even if hes cold, he shouldnt miss a corner three). At this point a Rox win is dictated by Dwight's play and...Parsons having a good night.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Not surprised about the celts win, really pulling out of the tank sweepstakes, but is what it is I guess. We won't really see the state of that until post deadline I guess. I expect Jeff and Brandon to be shipped out, and Avery is out potentially for a while again, so that might put us back in the race.

edit- might sound crazy, but why not deal harden for a kings ransom all this stuff is true? Sounds like he's more of a volume shooter anyways.

thekad

Banned
Not surprised about the celts win, really pulling out of the tank sweepstakes, but is what it is I guess. We won't really see the state of that until post deadline I guess. I expect Jeff and Brandon to be shipped out, and Avery is out potentially for a while again, so that might put us back in the race.

edit- might sound crazy, but why not deal harden for a kings ransom all this stuff is true? Sounds like he's more of a volume shooter anyways.

It's not actually true. Rockets fans always need something to whine about.

Matrix

Looking at scheduling I think the Rockets have a chance of passing the old ass injured Spurs soon.

overcast

Harden is plenty good, he's just gotta learn how to play in a system better. Honestly, offense is great with Lin running it and working through Howard more.

Howard has been terrific lately.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I love Sully, but we should trade him around the draft. It's too bad that we have these great pieces, but they're blowing a chance to add the true centerpiece they'll need to compete.

Vic

I mentioned yesterday that the Rox were going to play at LA Wednesday. Well, they playing the Wiz this Wednesday. It's the week after that they're playing the Lakers. My bad, don't want to confuse anyone.

Is it just me or does that trade make zero sense for either team?

Think it'd be okay for the Bulls. Their problem has always been their offense is reduced to "go do something Derrick" in crunch time, and it is hilariously awful.

Basically a poor-man's Durant-YNB, except I think Rose would be much more willing to give up his shots than YNot.

giri

Is it just me or does that trade make zero sense for either team?

its Boozer & Buttler for Melo & Shumpert.

I guess it depends how good you think Buttler is?

If i'm the bulls, i do it. They really don't lose anything. Again, that is unless you think Buttler really will become good.

And ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Is MCW really gonna win ROTY shooting 39FG% and a .033 WS/48?

The only player that has played over 1000 minutes and has a .100+ WS/48 (league average)? Hardaway Jr...

its Boozer & Buttler for Melo & Shumpert.

I guess it depends how good you think Buttler is?

If i'm the bulls, i do it. They really don't lose anything. Again, that is unless you think Buttler really will become good.

And ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

But this season is a punt for the Bulls. Don't they have money to just sign Melo outright this offseason if they want him that badly?

thekad

Banned
But this season is a punt for the Bulls. Don't they have money to just sign Melo outright this offseason if they want him that badly?
With this (totally fake) trade, the Bulls get to keep Taj and Dunleavy. It's possible they'd prefer those two over Butler, especially if they get Shumpert back

giri

Don't think so. Unless they amnesty boozer. They've got Noah, Boozer and a max rose on the books. That's like 43M or so right there. And taj is getting his too. that's an even 50M or so.

Sham sports is down so i don't know who is coming off the books exactly, but none of those guys i believe.

And reinsdorf (bulls owner i believe?) isn't known for being.. a big spender in terms of salary at all. So it's really unlikely that he'll amnesty boozer to max someone else.

If the bulls wanted to make a run at melo, it's probably the best way to do it.

Rose is a significantly better finisher and overall PG. He's overrated, but YNB is the worst kind of ball stopper.

I love Rose. I saw him take steamy dumps all over Chris and TP and was the best PG alive. But that guy may be gone forever.

Now Russell has the same question marks to a certain extent. But at least what I saw from him earlier in the season is encouraging.

Melo wants the Bird rights max. I think the bulls can only give it to him if acquired in a trade.

The Knicks need some draft picks and prospects. If they can get Butler, Snell and either Mrotic or the bobcats pick, it could take them out of limbo.

For the bulls a core of Rose, melo, Noah and Taj could be fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom