• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Dario Saric, but getting the 6th pick and Dario Saric (or just any guy whose ceiling is the 3rd or 4th guy) would be a catastrophe for where this team is (since everyone on the team is a #3 or #4 guy...).

I like Dario Saric, but getting the 6th pick and Dario Saric (or just any guy whose ceiling is the 3rd or 4th guy) would be a catastrophe for where this team is (since everyone on the team is a #3 or #4 guy...).

What makes you think Dario Saric can't be an all-star? I watched him at the eurobasket tournament and thought he looked pretty good. Didn't put up big stats but he was also playing against much much better competition than what you're seeing in college.

Haven't followed him for the season though so I don't know how much better he's gotten.

Darnell Mayberry @DarnellMayberry 4 minutes ago
Kevin Durant on the Blazers: "We respect this team. They respect us. But we don't like them and they don't like us."
Durant was mad about comments Portland made about winning the season series when OKC didn't have Westbrook? That's what NBATV guys are saying.

What makes you think Dario Saric can't be an all-star? I watched him at the eurobasket tournament and thought he looked pretty good. Didn't put up big stats but he was also playing against much much better competition than what you're seeing in college.

Haven't followed him for the season though so I don't know how much better he's gotten.

He's way too slow to beat guys off the dribble from what I've seen. He's a good passer, has good touch, and rotates well on defense, but he's too small to be a defensive force and isn't quick enough to create his own offense effectively.

But I don't want to disparage Saric as much as the idea of being in an area of the draft where it's unlikely that the guys will have star potential (and the 6-10 area often is that area compared to 1-5) considering the roster makeup of the team.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
6th place still in reach of the Grizz; the Rox are now only 1 gm behind Portland, 2 behind the Spurs!

Chris Sheridan ‏@sheridanhoops
#NBA: 93.3% of Charlotte Bobcats' field goals were assisted. Highest % since Indiana Pacers on January 11, 2003

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
What did he say?

It was more his hard-edge tone, out of character, or morphing into a new one.

Pointed out the fact the Thunder have held their own against Portland with an "incomplete team, 3 out of 4 without our point guard". Dismissed a reporter who said it felt like a playoff game, "nah, that was regular season", and the already fire on twitter "We don't like them, they don't like us, point blank."

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
RT @BlazerFreeman: #Blazers LaMarcus Aldridge on Thunder: "We don't care to like them. We’re not trying to make friends out there. We’re trying to win games."

Looks like everyone is on the same page. High-five.

linsivvi

LOL

Nash, Blake, and farmar all hurt again.

If only the Kings could start winning games, already...

They look like minor injuries that players usually play through. But of course for this season they have to make sure players are 100% healthy before they allow them on the court.

They look like minor injuries that players usually play through. But of course for this season they have to make sure players are 100% healthy before they allow them on the court.

Not sure how Nash's is minor. It's the same thing that's killed him the last 2 years.

Farmar's hamstring isn't getting right. Not sure what changes that.

Blake's is more minor and probably a pain issue.

Either way, the team is so bad right now. If this was the team all year, they'd be competing with the Bucks.

Not sure how Nash's is minor. It's the same thing that's killed him the last 2 years.

Farmar's hamstring isn't getting right. Not sure what changes that.

Blake's is more minor and probably a pain issue.

Either way, the team is so bad right now. If this was the team all year, they'd be competing with the Bucks.

We should be competing with the bucks even with the current team, we've had about four bullshit close wins that should've been losses. The Rockets and Hawks games come to mind especially. And the Griz one too.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
RT @BlazerFreeman: Breaking: #Blazers big man Joel Freeland suffered an MCL sprain in his right knee vs. the Thunder and is expected to be out 4-8 weeks.

Best scenario out of many bad ones.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
ya'll see my Lakers out there tanking like bosses? That's how it's done.

We're at projected 5 now in the picks :D it's only a matter of time before we're top 3.

You hear that, Wiggins? We comin' for you!!!!

bookert.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
6th place still in reach of the Grizz; the Rox are now only 1 gm behind Portland, 2 behind the Spurs!

Chris Sheridan ‏@sheridanhoops
#NBA: 93.3% of Charlotte Bobcats' field goals were assisted. Highest % since Indiana Pacers on January 11, 2003
We a good team brehs

He's way too slow to beat guys off the dribble from what I've seen. He's a good passer, has good touch, and rotates well on defense, but he's too small to be a defensive force and isn't quick enough to create his own offense effectively.

But I don't want to disparage Saric as much as the idea of being in an area of the draft where it's unlikely that the guys will have star potential (and the 6-10 area often is that area compared to 1-5) considering the roster makeup of the team.

Gotcha. I don't know where I'd be able to watch Adriatic League basketball so I'll take your word for it.

But irc, I think quickness was the knock on Gallo when he was coming out as well, so I think it's still up in the air as to whether Saric will be a very good offensive player.

Different game of course, but you never know with Euro players.

Any word on the 3pt shooters yet?

EASTERN CONFERENCE

> Arron Afflalo, Orlando
> Bradley Beal, Washington
> Kyrie Irving, Cleveland
> Joe Johnson, Brooklyn

WESTERN CONFERENCE

> Marco Belinelli, San Antonio
> Stephen Curry, Golden State
> Damian Lillard, Portland
> Kevin Love, Minnesota

How Klay isn't in there IDK

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
So I've finally ended my tank hopes as these Bulls are too hard to not root for. Joakim Noah has twice the balls and heart as D-Rose. Taj Gibson too. Can't not root for them. I hope they get the 3 seed and face the Heat in round 2 just to ruffle some feathers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom