• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
a662104e8bc311e38efb0a406416de40_8.jpg

Wassup Adam and Ratcliff? Where you all at?

Fuck the Jazz.

Lucky.... Actually the only Clippers game I've seen live was a blowout win against the Jazz.

What?! Live too far away or something? I was thinking about trying to go out to more games by buying cheap tickets and then I saw this seat pop up on StubHub for a good price and couldn't resist. Definitely the closest I've ever sat.

LuchaShaq

Banned
In the 32 min the Jazz have played the

Burke
Burks
Hayward
Favors
Kanter

lineup they are +5.3.

Not sure who those minutes were against.

That said they should be starting or at least playing that lineup 15+ minutes a night to give it a chance to work, if it does? Great start that five next year too, let them grow. If not? Trade kanter (he's still valuable) and enjoy the better draft pick.

You gain nothing by giving all of burks minutes to fucking jefferson.

That said the burke/burks/favors/hayward + whoever is + 12 in 148 minutes. http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/UTA/2014/lineups/

early season suckage was more because of the pg situation and how we defended the pick and roll. imo at least

I have to agree, it's not like they had just a shitty/mediocre group of pgs before burke came back. they had guys who don't even belong in the D league playing major minutes.

The troubling statistic is that hayward's shitty shooting this season wasn't fixed by having a real pg on the court. Dude still jacking bad jumpers at a poor percentage like he's Raptor's rudy gay.

What?! Live too far away or something? I was thinking about trying to go out to more games by buying cheap tickets and then I saw this seat pop up on StubHub for a good price and couldn't resist. Definitely the closest I've ever sat.
NBA games are expensive. I can't afford tickets over $20 unless it's a very special occasion.

Like I said before, I don't understand how the Kings aren't at least a treadmill team right now. Someone mentioned injuries were to blame, but with that sort of efficiency on offense you should easily be hovering around .500

They give up the 3rd most points in the league - and the only two teams ahead of them, LA and Philly, are losing on purpose . It's tough to win consistently when opponents average 104.6 a game against you.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
NBA Legion ‏@MySportsLegion
Remember Sasha Vujacic? The Clippers are close to signing Vujacic to a 10 day contract. (via @BA_Turner)

The Clippers are going to signup another ex-Laker?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
They give up the 3rd most points in the league - and the only two teams ahead of them, LA and Philly, are losing on purpose . It's tough to win consistently when opponents average 104.6 a game against you.

Yeah, all those guys are lousy defenders. Plus, look at the rest of that roster, it's pretty trashy. Derrick Williams, Marcus Thornton, Ben McLemore.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeah, all those guys are lousy defenders. Plus, look at the rest of that roster, it's pretty trashy. Derrick Williams, Marcus Thornton, Ben McLemore.

Rudy Gay hasn't even been there that long... what's their record when all 3 are playing and healthy? They picked it up quite a bit once somebody got there to take some pressure off Cousins.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Brad Turner ‏@BA_Turner 1h
Clippers close to signing guard Sasha Vujacic to 10 day contract, sources. Vujacic took physical, could sign as soon as Tuesday, sources.
Retweeted by KEVIN DING

L
O
L

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Looking at the Bobcats schedule...

How do we play so many games AND lead the league in back to backs at this point?

Still can't believe Shannon fucking Brown started for us last night, and we won the game. I mean, yeah low level competition....but Shannon fucking Brown

pilonv1

I didn't even know someone had signed Shannon Brown

I still remember watching them both as Spartans and thinking Maurice Ager would be better than him :(

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
RT @ESPNSteinLine: ESPN story going online now: Phoenix Suns exploring feasibility of trade for Lakers big man Pau Gasol. Link coming momentarily

Poor giri.

pilonv1

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m

ESPN story going online now: Phoenix Suns exploring feasibility of trade for Lakers big man Pau Gasol. Link coming momentarily

Lakers getting their picks back?

There's something ironic about the Suns potentially trading the same package we gave them for Gortat to acquire Pau.

Please let it happen.

giri

RT @ESPNSteinLine: ESPN story going online now: Phoenix Suns exploring feasibility of trade for Lakers big man Pau Gasol. Link coming momentarily

Poor giri.

It would be for the emeka okafor expiring.

It would mean Pau coming off the bench i assume, to help the second unit which can struggle at times, particularly in the half court.

I'm surprised that's all they could get for okafor, but w/e. It doesn't stop the rebuilding plan, and doesn't mess anything up.

And if he can work with Len and help him refine his post game?

I don't even care, I want our pick back the most and dealing Pau will improve the tank. Emeka and our pick for Pau would be enough for me.

It's not like Mitch very often gets got in a trade scenario.

Yeah, you're not getting that pick for Pau.

It would mean Pau coming off the bench i assume, to help the second unit which can struggle at times, particularly in the half court.

I'm surprised that's all they could get for okafor, but w/e. It doesn't stop the rebuilding plan, and doesn't mess anything up.

huh

this isn't about money, if that's all it was about they'd have moved Pau for Bynum

they are looking to get an asset or the deal won't get done

Emeka for Pau straight up would be fine by me as well. They're both expiring, the only difference is Emeka isn't palying and Pau is putting up a double double nearly every night.

Suns get a scoring punch and some half court prowess for the playoffs and the lakers get worse without further financial obligations.

It's a win/win really.

giri

huh

this isn't about money, if that's all it was about they'd have moved Pau for Bynum

they are looking to get an asset or the deal won't get done

Then it won't get done.

McD isn't giving up anything for a injured pau that is basically done.

It's being done for freeing up cap/ cutting salary by the lakers. Remember, okafor's contract is now being covered by insurance payments.

Like I said before, I don't understand how the Kings aren't at least a treadmill team right now. Someone mentioned injuries were to blame, but with that sort of efficiency on offense you should easily be hovering around .500

I've watched most of their games and they can compete with most teams. They just fall apart every single time in the 4th quarter. Either IT tries to play hero ball or the rest of the team decides to play 1on1 with no ball movement. Like clockwork.

Then it won't get done.

McD isn't giving up anything for a injured pau that is basically done.

It's being done for freeing up cap/ cutting salary by the lakers. Remember, okafor's contract is now being covered by insurance payments.

You could argue that Indianas pick (#30 currently) could be worth improving their chances this off-season in acquiring talent via free agency. Obviously the more you win the better you look.

As well, with the age of Pau and with Bledsoes injury woes, they could both be signed on discounts.

And then you add three quality firsts to go with that.

Wouldn't be a horrible deal for Phoenix at all imo.

Yeah, you're not getting that pick for Pau.

Why the fuck would Pau come off the bench? And please don't tell me because of Miles Plumlee.

giri

Why the fuck would Pau come off the bench? And please don't tell me because of Miles Plumlee.

The suns play an uptempo game. As exhibited by his play and constant whinging in LA, he's not an uptempo guy. And his body just can't take it apparently.

So yes, he would be behind Miles.

Besides, he'd get more touches in the post, where he wants them, on the second unit.

I'm more worried about what it might mean for `Kieff's minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom