• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Ronald Tillery ‏@CAGrizBeat
PG Darius Morris (2nd 10-day with Clippers expired Jan. 26) is meeting Griz coaches tonight in OKC and expected to sign MEM 10-day 2morrow

I know he was playing for the Lakers, but other than that...

linsivvi

Ronald Tillery ‏@CAGrizBeat
PG Darius Morris (2nd 10-day with Clippers expired Jan. 26) is meeting Griz coaches tonight in OKC and expected to sign MEM 10-day 2morrow

I know he was playing for the Lakers, but other than that...

Ex-Lakers scrubs are blossomingspreading like a wildfire. Shannon Brown, McBob, Sasha, Sessions, Earl Clark and now Morris.

More to come this summer with Meeks and Marshall.

Pkaz01

I really hope the Woj law is correct in these Pau to phoenix rumors. I wouldn't mind him off the bench but the starting unit works pretty well as it is.

Our starting unit does not play the same way as our bench does. Our starters like to run and pass the ball around and go for a good 3 or lay up. The bench is more one on one with post ups with the morris bros. I would see pau as the back up center and our bench would look something like ish/barbosa/marcus/markieff/pau then when bledsoe comes back it would be barbosa/green/marcus/markieff/pau. Only thing that would worry me is his bitching about touches.

It would most likely be Emeka/Indiana's first for pau

LuchaShaq

Banned
Anyone else not care about failball and the Superb Owl?

Until the NFL sells some kind of package that lets me watch a recorded game in 15-20 min cutting out all the replays/time between plays/timeouts/commercials I can't watch football.

Didn't mind it when I played, but watching? I either am bored as fuck or babying it nonstop with the dvr remote.

Glad Sherman won though the reaction to him was disgusting.

linsivvi

And those 2 scrubs don't put up numbers on a team that isn't a pringles offense.

Yeah, surely that has nothing to do with starting and playing Marshall 33 minutes a game, instead of 14.6.

And Earl Clark? 7 points and 5.5 boards in 23 minutes is putting up numbers now?

But why am I surprised? Anything to take a dump on the Lakers, even on superficial matters like players attracting attention.

giri

Yeah, surely that has nothing to do with starting and playing Marshall 33 minutes a game, instead of 14.6.

And Earl Clark? 7 points and 5.5 boards in 23 minutes is putting up numbers now?

But why am I surprised? Anything to take a dump on the Lakers, even on superficial matters like players attracting attention.

yeah, you're right, it's cause they're ex-lakers, entirely.

And, I'm so sorry, my heart bleeds for you, where's the charity drive for hard done by laker fans?

NBA games are expensive. I can't afford tickets over $20 unless it's a very special occasion.

Against some of the weaker teams, you can find tickets for under $20 on StubHub, but they're in the 300s section of course. I'll probably try out some cheap tickets for another game in the next week or two and see how it is. Luckily, I can just take the Metro Expo Rail over there so I don't have to spend a bunch on parking.

snack

NBA games are expensive. I can't afford tickets over $20 unless it's a very special occasion.
I don't even have a team here. Gotta thank Steve Franchise and the good life FO of the VanGrizz for that...

In the meantime gonna have to rep the Toronto Drakes.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
RT @anthonyVslater: Kevin Durant on the Slim Reaper nickname: "I'm here to shine a bright light, not here to be a guy of death."

Hopefully that means the last of that godawful nickname.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
RT @anthonyVslater: Kevin Durant on the Slim Reaper nickname: "I'm here to shine a bright light, not here to be a guy of death."

*nod*

KingGondo

Banned

The nickname has taken over, you don't get to pick.

FWIW I think it's a good nickname, at least when he's on a tear like this and daggering people nightly.

You moved? Why?!

Residency.

Also, Gondo, your boy...

2. Does Marcus Smart's demeanor on the floor lately concern you?
Katz: Yes. Smart hasn't shown the type of leadership necessary to elevate Oklahoma State. He needs to calm down a bit and refocus his energy at times when he gets frustrated -- especially when he's getting pushed, pulled and tugged by opponents. If it weren't for the play of Markel Brown and at times Le'Bryan Nash, the Cowboys would be in a world of hurt right now. Smart is too talented, too much of a winner, though, to think he won't right his season and the Cowboys' soon.

O'Neil: It bothers me more than it concerns me. Smart was rightly heralded for making a mature, albeit risky, decision to come back to school, but now he's behaving in a thoroughly immature way. I can imagine it's difficult because he commands so much attention and opponents are being physical with him, but great players put their heads down and just play. That's what Smart needs to do.

Medcalf: Nah. His forced shots are a much bigger concern. He's always been a good leader, but he's frustrated for a lot of reasons. He's just not playing to his potential. And Stevie Clark's latest arrest won't help the team.

We never hear anything like this about dIEHARD's Parker. Can't blame the coach for this.

SamuraiX-

SfDTcGb.png

Vujacic is still alive? dafuq

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Holy shit the stuff coming out of the Cavs' locker room.

Deng's noted professional and winning pedigree were supposed to help the callow Cavs as much as his scoring and defense.

Instead, it appears the dysfunctional Cavs locker room has already discouraged the nine-year veteran. According to the New York Daily News' Mitch Lawrence, Deng has been complaining of the situation in Cleveland to a close friend, saying, "The stuff going on in practice would never be tolerated by the coaching staff or the front office back in Chicago. It’s a mess."

What has driven Deng to such despair after less than one full month in Cleveland? Lawrence lays out a laundry list of offenses from Deng's teammates:

• Guard Dion Waiters was kicked out of practice, but he still received his usual minutes in Cleveland's next game.
  • Several players were out late partying the night before Cleveland's embarrassing 117-86 loss to the New York Knicks, the fifth loss in their last six games.
  • Unspecified players taking off their uniform tops at halftime and refusing to play.
  • Unspecified teammates mouthing off to Cavs head coach Mike Brown.

I have word this "Unspecified player" is Dion Waiters.

Fuck my life yo

KingGondo

Banned
Residency.

Also, Gondo, your boy...

We never hear anything like this about dIEHARD's Parker. Can't blame the coach for this.
This season has been a dumpster fire for OSU basketball, and Smart is one of the last reasons why.

We have 2 truly good players, our only decent interior player has been injured, and our coach is incapable of implementing a consistent system on either end of the floor.

I'd rather have a player get pissed and kick over a chair intead of "keeping his head down" like those pundits say. I like that he gives a shit and gives full effort all the time. He cares a ton, and it's apparent to anyone who watches.

Dark FaZe said:
His teammates are god awful

I think his leadership is awesome
This. Our roster is complete trash, and now our stud freshman has been kicked off the team too. Missing the NCAA tournament is a real possibility.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
RT @JonesOnTheNBA: Rockets RT @HowardBeck: Kyle Lowry (East) and Goran Dragic (West) named NBA players of the week.

All the concussion stuff has made me stay away from football this year. I think I've only watched four or so games this year...

Yeah, I used to be a die hard, researching fantasy all week, watching football for 12 hours straight on Sundays...man, I even watched the Pro Bowl sometimes. I watched the Super Bowl this year, but the way they've handled the concussion thing has turned me off the NFL in general.

no nickname is worse than PARGOD

PatPat is worse.

diehard

Fleer
I think im going to call Wiggins "Ender" because its so close to Andrew Wiggin.

and when he has a big game the headline will read "ENDERS GAME"

This season has been a dumpster fire for OSU basketball, and Smart is one of the last reasons why.

We have 2 truly good players, our only decent interior player has been injured, and our coach is incapable of implementing a consistent system on either end of the floor.

I'd rather have a player get pissed and kick over a chair intead of "keeping his head down" like those pundits say. I like that he gives a shit and gives full effort all the time. He cares a ton, and it's apparent to anyone who watches.

This. Our roster is complete trash, and now our stud freshman has been kicked off the team too. Missing the NCAA tournament is a real possibility.

Fair enough. I'll respect your opinion of him, although I still don't think much of him. He's totally lowered his draft stock though.

Yeah, I used to be a die hard, researching fantasy all week, watching football for 12 hours straight on Sundays...man, I even watched the Pro Bowl sometimes. I watched the Super Bowl this year, but the way they've handled the concussion thing has turned me off the NFL in general.

PatPat is worse.

*patpats LFK*

:3

KingGondo

Banned
Fair enough. I'll respect your opinion of him, although I still think don't think much of him. He's totally lowered his draft stock though.
Coming back was definitely a mistake for his draft stock, I agree. But then again, there's no way he could have known that Cobbins would get injured or that Clark would get kicked off the team (it's his own fault for not realizing that Ford is a terrible coach).

He's still probably gonna go in the top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom