• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

Should the term "tank" be redefined? Because this Lakers team is just a collection of bad players that played as hard as they could for 25 games before realizing that they aren't any good and letting their normal (based on their career) level of play become standard.

Traditional tanking would be trying to play Kobe and Nash heavy minutes or something like that.

BdrE89NCcAASi0Q.jpg

At some point there should be a mercy rule. Spare the young players from having to even entertain another quarter, and let fans be able to go home earlier.

Should the term "tank" be redefined? Because this Lakers team is just a collection of bad players that played as hard as they could for 25 games before realizing that they aren't any good and letting their normal (based on their career) level of play become standard.

Traditional tanking would be trying to play Kobe and Nash heavy minutes or something like that.
shit got real.

Yep. They are just salty we managed to turn the season into a full tank so quickly.

Not salty, just trying to demonstrate that I was on the right end of previous arguments with Lakers fans that thought this team was "too good for a high draft pick" or something.

The Jazz will have to steal the Timberwolves close game luck to beat the Lakers to Embiid now which does make me sad, I'll admit :/

Forever

Banned
I'm going out with friends tonight but I'll be back late. Fuck the Heat. I see they lost to the Knicks. Anything is possible!
Just got back.

ROTFLMAO

New York Teams 3-0 against the Heat this season
Nets 2-0 against the Heat
Nets 5 game winning streak
Nets undefeated in 2014

iW0c14SuF8v2g.gif

linsivvi

Not salty, just trying to demonstrate that I was on the right end of previous arguments with Lakers fans that thought this team was "too good for a high draft pick" or something.

The Jazz will have to steal the Timberwolves close game luck to beat the Lakers to Embiid now which does make me sad, I'll admit :/

Except that the "too good for a high draft pick" argument is actually used by salty Lakers haters instead of Lakers fans. See Salty Blaster. And pilonv.

Eh, that laker team had Blake, Farmar, Henry, and expected a relatively healthy Kobe (and possibly Nash) by now.

To compare even the team that starting opening night to this one is unfair. The opening night team was bad, but not horrific. This one is just...D-league.

Except that the "too good for a high draft pick" argument is actually used by salty Lakers haters instead of Lakers fans. See Salty Blaster. And pilonv.

Well, sometimes.

I think there were more posts about it from Laker fans other than just Vag and Konex though (who posted that frequently but that was probably to be expected).

linsivvi

Well, sometimes.

I think there were more posts about it from Laker fans other than just Vag and Konex though (who posted that frequently but that was probably to be expected).

Maybe the few who still haven't accepted the full tank, but they are not the regulars.

The Celtics is the only team that's losing as much as the Lakers lately. I bet that makes a certain person cry at night every day.

Top Bottom