• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
With the Nets and Knicks turning things around it looks like the playoffs might be out of reach for us unless we make some trades. I'm happy it's coming to this actually. Right now I've got us finishing as the 11 seed with the 8th worst record. So we'll have a lottery pick, a mid-rounder from Detroit, and a late first from Portland. I like for us to take a shooter, another power forward, and do a draft and stash for whoever we like with the Portland pick.

If I were in charge I'd be targeting Zach Lavine or James Young for our shooter, Noah Vonleh for the 4 spot, and preferably an international point we can stash in Europe for trade bait or future depth.
MKG is gonna fuck us up

I don't think Shabazz any worst than Jeremy Lamb to be honest.

He'll probably need two seasons of getting humbled with D-League stents but he probably becomes a rotation player at worst for Sota once the ceiling comes down sometime post Love.

Cleveland pls
at the chance of signing lebron?
Tom-Hanks-orly.gif.pagespeed.ce.SlMCwNI-Vk.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
FTy8HwI.png

VIK1fGw.png

T7IupBk.png

Feels good, mang. :3

Demarcus is such a beast, but also a bitch. The celts almost had him last year, and I was really conflicted by it. On one hand he could be a top 3 big man in the league IMO, on the other his attitude problems will probably never let him reach his potential.

SamuraiX-

Demarcus is such a beast, but also a bitch. The celts almost had him last year, and I was really conflicted by it. On one hand he could be a top 3 big man in the league IMO, on the other his attitude problems will probably never let him reach his potential.

He's having a career year precisely because he's finally starting to keep his attitude in check.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
He's having a career year precisely because he's finally starting to keep his attitude in check.

I agree, but players like him are dangerous, they can snap at any given moment. Hopefully he's taking the right steps in his personal life and his support system is guiding him, because it'll take a lot of effort to keep him in check.

his per 36 is damn impressive, just under 13 boards, and 26 points on 18 shots per game.

FaZe, what do you think of Ennis?

I'd be guessing to say much about him. 6'1, 6'2 unathletic but productive guards are some of the hardest players to project really. He could either D.J himself or find himself somewhere between Conley and Hill production wise.

Would reach for more upside in a draft like this. Though if he fell to the Clips that'd be a great situation for him.

giri

The attitude helps. But most of it was to do with him getting the ball in much better spots and attacking the rim continuously instead of catching the ball 15'+ away from the basket.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The attitude helps. But most of it was to do with him getting the ball in much better spots and attacking the rim continuously instead of catching the ball 15'+ away from the basket.

I imagine Rudy has taken some of the pressure off of him. It's too bad what happened to Tyreke, they could've formed a nasty duo.

giri

I imagine Rudy has taken some of the pressure off of him. It's too bad what happened to Tyreke, they could've formed a nasty duo.

I'd say it's the other way around. Isiah and DMC have taken the ball out of Gay's hands and he isn't allowed to iso as much as he is prone to doing because of it. Which is why Gay is now shooting much better.

But thats just a few weeks after the trade. There's a long way to go in this season, but hopefully they can all keep it up.

Los Angeles Lakers’ forward Pau Gasol will miss practice in order to undergo an MRI on his left foot, according to Eric Pincus of the Los Angeles Times.

If Pau is out that leaves 8 Lakers players able to suit up. Has this ever happened before to a team?

If Pau is out that leaves 8 Lakers players able to suit up. Has this ever happened before to a team?

Yes.

Henry will be back soon.

The Grammy trip is going to see this lineup:

Marshall-Meeks
Meeks-Young (at some point Henry)
Johnson-Young
Hill-Kelly
Sacre-Kaman

Try out-tanking that.

I think the Lakers will randomly win one of the games, but hopefully not against the Magic or Celtics.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I agree, but players like him are dangerous, they can snap at any given moment. Hopefully he's taking the right steps in his personal life and his support system is guiding him, because it'll take a lot of effort to keep him in check.

his per 36 is damn impressive, just under 13 boards, and 26 points on 18 shots per game.

He wasn't any worse than most other superstars in the league.. He just wasn't playing that well yet. Really DMC just whined alot he was never dangerous by any means like say Mario Chalmbers or someone..

giri

He wasn't any worse than most other superstars in the league.. He just wasn't playing that well yet. Really DMC just whined alot he was never dangerous by any means like say Mario Chalmbers or someone..

I didn't want to be the one to say it, but, yeah. Pretty much. He was looking for super star treatment from the ref's with out putting up the numbers. There's a lot of guys who spend a lot of time whining in the NBA.

Old Kobe in, old Pau out. Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank.

Yes.

Henry will be back soon.

The Grammy trip is going to see this lineup:

Marshall-Meeks
Meeks-Young (at some point Henry)
Johnson-Young
Hill-Kelly
Sacre-Kaman

Try out-tanking that.

I think the Lakers will randomly win one of the games, but hopefully not against the Magic or Celtics.

Mitch and Jim better be careful, they might get investigated at this rate.
Only if you could see the gigantic smile on my face right now.

Has D'Antoni been fired yet?
Has Jim Buss stepped down?

Jim ain't goin nowheres.

And why would Dantoni leave? No coach could make this current roster work, it's putrid. If you want an all out tank, then I suppose him having LA overperform for that stretch earlier this year is a decent reason to have him leave.

Mike is working fine as a tank coach and he'll be decent during the rebuild.

giri

Jim ain't goin nowheres.

And why would Dantoni leave? No coach could make this current roster work, it's putrid. If you want an all out tank, then I suppose him having LA overperform for that stretch earlier this year is a decent reason to have him leave.

Mike is working fine as a tank coach and he'll be decent during the rebuild.

Aren't they also still paying Brown?

I don't see them paying 3 coachs at once, 2 of them not working for the team, when the might not win 20 games.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
RT @Lockedonsports: The two worst rim defenders in the NBA (via player tracking) with 5 FGA per game at rim are Kevin Love (58.8%) and Nikola Pekovic (58%)

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

I don't see them paying 3 coachs at once, 2 of them not working for the team, when the might not win 20 games.

Think most of his salary is off the books thanks to the Cavs picking him up.

Yup. Brown is still getting paid and Mike's contract has a few more years on it. Mike's gonna be around for the next 3-4 seasons depending on how things go.

Think most of his salary is off the books thanks to the Cavs picking him up.

I totally forgot that The Lakers got out of a portion of his deal because Gilbert gave him a job.

edit: did a quick search and LA got out of Mike Brown's deal entirely thanks to The Cavs. sheesh.

Yup. Brown is still getting paid and MIke's contract has a few more years on it. Mike's gonna be around for the next 3-4 seasons depending on how things go.

I believe MDA is on contract next year with a team option for year after.

Like you said, there is no reason to fire him. There is nothing any coach could do with this roster that he hasn't done.

They might as well get their high draft pick, let him coach next season, then let him go (unless they can get Thibbs now) and get someone else then.

does this ever actually work

specifically euro points

Late firsts can be valuable with good scouting. Omer Asik, Parsons, etc.

Cleveland pls

He's not as good as some Bulls fan want to believe but Jimmy Butler was a good late round pick.

Mirotic is also the current MVP of the Spanish league and could come over next year after 3 years.

Pkaz01

more like "thank you missing MCL"
They only removed part of the meniscus not the entire thing

Yeah, they said 8 weeks.

But if the suns are out of the play offs by then and not even really close he'll probably be shut down.

I think we will still be in the hunt the rest of january is full of teams that play similar styles and we have a lot of games at home. This road trip was killer we played 4 road games in 5 nights against teams that are best in our biggest weakness. They were all close games even though we were getting out rebounded by like 20

Top Bottom