• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

exarkun

Brian Shaw looking like a great hire these last 8 or 9 games. Shaking things up in Denver, using unique line-ups, its interesting.

will the national media get off the warrior's nuts now? their road record is garbage and the heat and clipper games are the only impressive wins they've have in the past month

Truphenom

Missed so much basketball in the last 24hrs : (

Got to see Hickson strip Curry tho, so I guess that makes up for things.

Did JR not at all play against the Bobcats?

Stephen Curry yo.

yea, but also, david lee

has this retrofit swag been posted yet?

lamarcus-aldridge-dairy-queen-glass.0_standard_709.0.jpg

OH YEA

833750888.gif

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
yea, but also, david lee
Curry is a huge draw, probably the biggest reason why GS is so popular these days.

Chris Palmer ‏@ChrisPalmerNBA
Wow. RT @espn_macmahon: Mavs have blown leads of 17, 17, 18 and 19 points in losses this season.

Choke artists.

Laker locker room fragmenting!

Nick Young just liked this pic on instagram

BeFOMsuIYAAP4aF.jpg

"What I'm mad about is it was 1-on-5, I felt like," Young said. "If somebody (from the Lakers) would have got in the middle, everything wouldn't have escalated that much."

Lakers point guard Kendall Marshall put the onus on Young to show more composure.

"I understand where Nick's coming from, he did get fouled hard and it wasn't a basketball play by any means but at the same time, we got to understand our numbers (of available players on the roster) and sometimes you just got to win some and lose some," Marshall said. "I don't know if that was the smartest play at the time."

Marshall also disagreed that there were Lakers players in position to break up the altercation under the basket.

"I think Nick kind of saw what he wanted to see at the time," Marshall said. "Obviously, like I said, you got to understand we got seven guys so maybe at that point and time you just got to chill out."

Even the coaching brothers sort of disagree!

Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni said that the Lakers, who only had nine healthy players on the roster coming into Wednesday's game, reacted appropriately to the play. "You don't fight in this league," D'Antoni said. "It wouldn't help us to lose two or three more guys. So, I hate that Nick feels that way, but I'm sure he's just in the moment, talking."

Lakers assistant coach Dan D'Antoni did come to Young's side towards the end of the brief run-in. NBA rules allow coaches to leave the bench to play mediator, but players can be suspended for doing the same.

"I understand because there was a lot of guys that were swarming (Young) from that team so it looked like it was just 1-on-4, 1-on-5, I think he felt like that," said Wes Johnson. "We always have his back, but for the players that were on the bench, we couldn't do but only so much."

Pau defending Swaggy!

"Nick got fouled pretty hard, fell on the floor and he was upset about the foul and I think everybody would have been," Gasol said. "Unfortunately we didn't get a guy in between Nick and the three or four guys that were going at him, so I think that was the first mistake or slow reaction on our part. We should have protected Nick there because he had, like I said, a couple guys just pushing him and shoving him."

"I didn't throw no punch," Young said. "I was trying to shove people out of my way. I was getting pushed and pushed further back and it was more trying to get out (from the Suns players)."

Young was repentant for making contact with Dragic.

"It happened," Young said. "I feel bad. It's just basketball. I didn't try to push Dragic. That's my guy. I feel bad for that."

Young said he did not know whether he would receive a suspension stemming from the incident or not, but noted that he has never been suspended for fighting in his seven-year career.

"This would be my first time," Young said. "So, we'll see what happens. It's up to the league and what they decide."

Live free Swaggy P!

giri

LaMarcus crediting Robin for his own improved rebounding. Sounds about right.

Un surprising. I said it when he was a sun and people didn't really get it... but Robins great at boxing out, but he'll even box 2 people out regularly. Freeing the other big up to go and get it. He does tons of small stuff that just improve the team. Really good pick up.

"I didn't throw no punch," Young said. "I was trying to shove people out of my way. I was getting pushed and pushed further back and it was more trying to get out (from the Suns players)."

Young was repentant for making contact with Dragic.

"It happened," Young said. "I feel bad. It's just basketball. I didn't try to push Dragic. That's my guy. I feel bad for that."

Young said he did not know whether he would receive a suspension stemming from the incident or not, but noted that he has never been suspended for fighting in his seven-year career.

"This would be my first time," Young said. "So, we'll see what happens. It's up to the league and what they decide."

It looked like he punched Dragic right in his shit. He probably though that was Len.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Un surprising. I said it when he was a sun and people didn't really get it... but Robins great at boxing out, but he'll even box 2 people out regularly. Freeing the other big up to go and get it. He does tons of small stuff that just improve the team. Really good pick up.

Yep, that's pretty much what LaMarcus was talking about. I like this starting 5. If they could collectively improve defensively, they'd be dangerous.

It also helps that LaMarcus is now solely playing PF and defending/boxing out other PFs on the defensive end.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If it was Kobe Laker fans would have been Internet raging...

Fjordson

Yep, that's pretty much what LaMarcus was talking about. I like this starting 5. If they could collectively improve defensively, they'd be dangerous.

It also helps that LaMarcus is now solely playing PF and defending/boxing out other PFs on the defensive end.
LMA is beasting. He and Lillard should make the all-star team. Not sure if they will depending on how the voting shakes out, but they deserve it.

I was looking up 3 point stats earlier to see where Klay and Steph were at and I had no idea that Lillard is shooting almost 45% from deep. Curry has dropped all the way to 38% =[

Pkaz01

the team is literally imploding from within.
yes.

Alex Len not only strengthened the lakers tank by possibly getting Young and hill suspended he might have also destroyed what little chemistry they had left in the locker room.

and Marshall has always been a douche, never liked his attitude when he was on the suns always seemed like he was in it for himself, could never take criticism constructively just a poor attitude overall.

edit - this actually just reminded me of the game where the suns went at it with the rockets and officer o'neal came in and dropped half the rockets team and was pushing groups of people around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAx5gtnp9FU

haha found it, my favorite part "yao just falls" as if shaq's fat ass didnt just push him down on top of tmac

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
LMA is beasting. He and Lillard should make the all-star team. Not sure if they will depending on how the voting shakes out, but they deserve it.

I was looking up 3 point stats earlier to see where Klay and Steph were at and I had no idea that Lillard is shooting almost 45% from deep. Curry has dropped all the way to 38% =[

Only other guy to ever average 45% from deep at the same amount of attempts was... Curry in 2013.

I was certain we wouldn't see another three-point shooting performance like that in a very long time, and Lillard just showed up and said "whatever" and is doing it lol.

zTVNCkY.png

http://bkref.com/tiny/jIMHF

What's scary is that Wesley is shooting 42% from deep on 6.2 attempts.

Alex Len not only strengthened the lakers tank by possibly getting Young and hill suspended he might have also destroyed what little chemistry they had left in the locker room.

and Marshall has always been a douche, never liked his attitude when he was on the suns always seemed like he was in it for himself, could never take criticism constructively just a poor attitude overall.

edit - this actually just reminded me of the game where the suns went at it with the rockets and officer o'neal came in and dropped half the rockets team and was pushing groups of people around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAx5gtnp9FU

haha found it, my favorite part "yao just falls" as if shaq's fat ass didnt just push him down on top of tmac

I almost wish the whole Lakers bench had run onto court, I'm really curious to see what would happen if a team had 5 or less players, I don't think it's ever happened in the modern NBA era.

Fjordson

Only other guy to ever average 45% from deep at the same amount of attempts was... Curry in 2013.

I was certain we wouldn't see another three-point shooting performance like that in a very long time, and Lillard just showed up and said "whatever" and is doing it lol.

zTVNCkY.png

http://bkref.com/tiny/jIMHF

What's scary is that Wesley is shooting 42% from deep on 6.2 attempts.
Crazy. And yeah, Matthews is shooting great also.

Four of the top five players in made 3's are from two teams. Pretty interesting.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I almost wish the whole Lakers bench had run onto court, I'm really curious to see what would happen if a team had 5 or less players, I don't think it's ever happened in the modern NBA era.

a. Each team shall consist of five players. No team may be reduced to less than five players. If a player in the game receives his sixth personal foul and all substitutes have already been disqualified, said player shall remain in the game and shall be charged with a personal and team foul. A technical foul also shall be assessed against his team. All subsequent personal fouls, including offensive fouls, shall be treated similarly. All players who have six or more personal fouls and remain in the game shall be treated similarly.

b. In the event that there are only five eligible players remaining and one of these players is injured and must leave the game or is ejected, he must be replaced by the last player who was disqualified by reason of receiving six personal fouls. Each subsequent requirement to replace an injured or ejected player will be treated in this inverse order. Any such re-entry into a game by a disqualified player shall be penalized by a technical foul.

can't happen

Greg Oden with 27 and 9 per 36 last night lul

Obviously that won't last, but I really hope the kid can play every game and truly be back. I'm super doubtful that he is, but man, can you imagine if he puts up like 14 and 8 in limited minutes and plays every game?

GM's gon b sweatin

DO I GIVE HIM THE MAX?

linsivvi

What I found the most funny is how homerish the Suns announcers are, which reinforced my earlier point they are just as bad as the Clippers, if not even worse.

They keep repeating over and over how it wasn't such a hard foul, how he behaved irrationally.

Not once did they mention how a whole bunch of Suns players were pushing and shoving him. Not once. As if people are blind.

Try to do a better job, assholes.

My boss had box tickets to the Magic game last night, so I said sure why not, first NBA game I actually went to.

Holy shit what a game lol.

Why are you hyping Oden Faze when your team just blew out the Heat? Rep your boys bro.

We match up okay with them and their roleplayers are struggling to find a pulse at this point of the season.

As soon as Wall gets an all-star bid I'll officially be on team tank. We need Porter to start, Ariza moved, and Ernie, Witt, and Gortat gone.

Leonsis will get a hard on and extend everyone if we make the playoffs.

Top Bottom