• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

BeD8AK9CQAAx_Wr.png:large

good news for Toronto fans, bad news for Jazz fans.

Third hardest schedule and we already 11 games below 500, I'm happy about this.

Forever

Banned
Fucking time zones how do they work. I had no idea they were playing right now.

London is probably my second favorite city behind New York.

I swear I haven't seen Portland play a good team away from the Rose. Our sched gets a little harder but hopefully we get healthy enough to handle it.

exarkun

So it seems it took the net's and nugget's new coaches basically a third of the season before they found a team identity. Both teams have had some pretty good wins during the last 10 games, kind of cool how the two coaches coincide with each other.

Don't buy them.

I think its inevitable in the end anyway. Sleeved jerseys would sell better than traditional ones and it also gives them more real estate for the eventual ads.

They look way too much like tshirts you would sleep in though. They should be going for more of a soccer kit feel.

They make everybody look like handball players or something. They suck.

giri

So it seems it took the net's and nugget's new coaches basically a third of the season before they found a team identity. Both teams have had some pretty good wins during the last 10 games, kind of cool how the two coaches coincide with each other.

Not for the nets.

JJ is on a hot streak at the moment, and KG and PP don't look completely dead anymore. And blatche is back to bolster their bench and give them a scoring big.

They don't really look like they can beat good teams unless Deron is playing though.

I swear I haven't seen Portland play a good team away from the Rose. Our sched gets a little harder but hopefully we get healthy enough to handle it.

@okc and @gstate, both wins, also a lot of road wins against the least

next 4 are the first real tough stretch so far, should give a good indication of where they are actually at (4th seed material)

Cavs media is really pushing hard for Bennett to be sent to the D-League, hopefully Grant or whoever makes those decisions pulls the trigger soon. I've been saying he needs to head down to Canton since November.

Using the 'B..but you can't send your #1 pick down there, it's embarrassing!' argument didn't work then and certainly doesn't work now. Bennett is completely out of the rotation and has no confidence in garbage time. If he can't dominate some scrubs then he has no business being in the NBA.

Forever

Banned
Not for the nets.

JJ is on a hot streak at the moment, and KG and PP don't look completely dead anymore. And blatche is back to bolster their bench and give them a scoring big.

They don't really look like they can beat good teams unless Deron is playing though.

We beat the Heat and Warriors without Deron.

Cavs media is really pushing hard for Bennett to be sent to the D-League, hopefully Grant or whoever makes those decisions pulls the trigger soon. I've been saying he needs to head down to Canton since November.

Using the 'B..but you can't send your #1 pick down there, it's embarrassing!' argument didn't work then and certainly doesn't work now. Bennett is completely out of the rotation and has no confidence in garbage time. If he can't dominate some scrubs then he has no business being in the NBA.

D-League wont help. Take the rookie lumps, lose weight and come back better for '14-'15.

He'll figure something out. Kwame still walks the streets ten years later. He can be fine.

D-League wont help. Take the rookie lumps, lose weight and come back better for '14-'15.

He'll figure something out. Kwame still walks the streets ten years later. He can be fine.
Yes, the D-League will help. Cleveland is trying to make the playoffs this year, not tank. That's why they traded for Deng and took Bennett out of the rotation. If he's not getting playing time why would you let him rot at the end of an NBA bench? Send his butt down to Canton to get playing time and remember how to dominate like he did at UNLV.

Bennet will likely get embarrassed in the d-league. It's his conditioning. He needs to be running suicides and getting into playing shape. D-league isn't a terrible idea cause it's exercise, but if conditioning is his issue being sent down isn't really necessary. Dudes are gonna love the idea of busting on the #1 overall pick and those guys are playing for a contract.

If he gets his soul taken in the d-league...there may be no coming back from that. I think that may be a FO concern.

Bennet will likely get embarrassed in the d-league. It's his conditioning. He needs to be running suicides and getting into playing shape. D-league isn't a terrible idea cause it's exercise, but if conditioning is his issue being sent down isn't really necessary. Dudes are gonna love the idea of busting on the #1 overall pick and those guys are playing for a contract.

If he gets his soul taken in the d-league...there may be no coming back from that. I think that may be a FO concern.

If he gets his soul taken in the NBDL then there's no place for him in the association. The drop off in talent is pretty steep and Bennett's problems go deeper than conditioning. He can't shoot or dribble, turns the ball over too much, gets lost on defense, and makes a ton of mental errors to pick up ticky tack fouls.

I think the FO needs to see what they have in this kid instead of leaving him on the bench. Shabazz just put up 25/5 during his stint, hopefully Bennett could do 20/10. He's already said that he would be open to playing in Canton.

If he gets his soul taken in the NBDL then there's no place for him in the association. The drop off in talent is pretty steep and Bennett's problems go deeper than conditioning. He can't shoot or dribble, turns the ball over too much, gets lost on defense, and makes a ton of mental errors to pick up ticky tack fouls.

I think the FO needs to see what they have in this kid instead of leaving him on the bench. Shabazz just put up 25/5 during his stint, hopefully Bennett could do 20/10. He's already said that he would be open to playing in Canton.

Yea he's rough around the edges like a lot of rookies, but even Dirk looked broken when he came into the season flabby and hungover. Dirk took time away from the team to get into shape and came back looking much better.

It's really easy for fans and observers to say throw your 1st round pick to the lions potentially with a d-league stint. Fucking Bennet's mind could be more detrimental than anything he's dealing with so far.

Yea he's rough around the edges like a lot of rookies, but even Dirk looked broken when he came into the season flabby and hungover. Dirk took time away from the team to get into shape and came back looking much better.

It's really easy for fans and observers to say throw your 1st round pick to the lions potentially with a d-league stint. Fucking Bennet's mind could be more detrimental than anything he's dealing with so far.
True, he's dealing with a lot of pressure but I would think Canton would be a less stressful environment. He'd be laughed at on social media for being sent down but he's already the joke of the league; it almost can't get any worse at this point.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
I'm worried about Bennett's mental health of he goes to the d league but he's also getting zero playing time right now and could use a semi-anonymous situation to style on some fools and get some swag

It looks like he's screwed either way, unless he dominates d league guys

Did he get fined as well? Marcus morris got fined 25K and Len 15K

Green said last night that he would pay for Len though.

No mention of a fine, looks like he'll just lose the wages he would have earned for Friday's game.

Why is Green paying for Len? It's was a punk move on his part.

Top Bottom