• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

Forever

Banned
6mKN0Gu.png

Terrible year for injuries.

giri

Yeah George's new contract basically replacing Granger that off the book. They potentially can't afford Lance extension if some fool give him Tyreke Evans money lol

No. they can. I disected it a few pages back. They can offer lance full granger money. He's there's if they want to keep him.

Granger is gone.

Pkaz01

Shaq took him behind the woodshed tonight.

Barkley was even worse than shaq amazingly. He pretty much said he isn't someone you build your team around and said he is a complementary guy.

At least Shaq said he had the potential to dominate if he tweaked his game, Charles said this is the best he will be and he will never be a great player. Damn.

giri

Barkley was even worse than shaq amazingly. He pretty much said he isn't someone you build your team around and said he is a complementary guy.

At least Shaq said he had the potential to dominate if he tweaked his game, Charles said this is the best he will be and he will never be a great player. Damn.

At this point, is Charles wrong?

On any chip team, Dwight is the #2, he won't be your best player.

Pkaz01

At this point, is Charles wrong?

On any chip team, Dwight is the #2, he won't be your best player.

I agree with him actually, he even mentioned that he has been in the league for ten years and how much has he really improved?

It was just interesting to see that Shaq is the one who still sees some potential to dominate in him.

I will add though Kenny made a decent point when he mentioned nash and how he went from being an all star in the mavs system to becoming an MVP in the suns system. Can dwight do the same thing? Nah I don't think so he doesn't get enough touches in a fast paced system because his offense isn't good enough, and slower system wouldn't be much better for him because he has no post game

pilonv1

http://www.uni-watch.com/2014/01/17/exclusive-look-at-new-jerseys-for-the-nets-and-hornets/

oh shit

I recently heard from a credible source who told me that the Nets have developed a new jersey that’s a lot like their classic Dr. J-era look, but rendered in their current black-and-white color scheme and with their current font.

But here’s the thing: Unlike that mock-up, this new jersey has sleeves. That fits perfectly with the ambiguous news we recently heard about the league going with sleeved “heritage jerseys” next season

Nets-Heritage-MockUp.jpg

My source has also seen what appears to be the new Charlotte Hornets uni set. Again, it’s not clear what stage of development these are in — they could be prototypes. My source created a mock-up of the white uniform from memory, so this is not an exact representation, but it should give you a general idea:

Hornets-White-400x483.jpg

wtf :( where are the pinstripes?

I cant believe not only did the Knicks get destroyed by the Pacers last night but we lost 3 more players to fucking injury.

God damn it all.

Yeah George's new contract basically replacing Granger that off the book. They potentially can't afford Lance extension if some fool give him Tyreke Evans money lol

Rumblings around here are that the Bulls are going to throw a lot of money at Stephenson. I think he'd be a great addition as another ball handler, shot creator and defensively, but he's not the "guy" the Bulls need. Honestly, our fanbase would hate him more than they ever did Boozer two weeks into the season.

I hope Jabari can get out of this slump he's in :/, 10.8 PPG on horrendous percentages over his last 5...

If you're only going to watch one more college game this year before the Madness, I highly suggest everyone check out Kansas v Oklahoma State tomorrow at 4pm est on CBS.

It's more or the less the sort of game that Smart stayed on another year for. Seeing how he attacks Wiggins and Embiid should be interesting.

fertygo

Rumblings around here are that the Bulls are going to throw a lot of money at Stephenson. I think he'd be a great addition as another ball handler, shot creator and defensively, but he's not the "guy" the Bulls need. Honestly, our fanbase would hate him more than they ever did Boozer two weeks into the season.

And I would think Thibodeau and Bulls management couldn't able to contain him lol

So far Vogel and Bird manage to put him on leash, and make his talent flourish.

Thibs could handle Lance just fine, but they won't get him.

The Bulls will have to let their fart sit after not tanking these last two years to add talent. Their worthless playoff success is going to bite them in the ass because they are going to have a hard time adding talent to that club.

The most hyped treadmill team the NBA has seen in a bit.

I hope Jabari can get out of this slump he's in :/, 10.8 PPG on horrendous percentages over his last 5...

If you're only going to watch one more college game this year before the Madness, I highly suggest everyone check out Kansas v Oklahoma State tomorrow at 4pm est on CBS.

It's more or the less the sort of game that Smart stayed on another year for. Seeing how he attacks Wiggins and Embiid should be interesting.

Nice, hopefully I'll be able to at least catch the 2nd half. But yeah the grind of the season has gotten to Jabari, he really needs to buckle down with his conditioning before he gets to the NBA.

LuchaShaq

Banned

I hate on Dwight as much as anyone else but around 09 he really was a top 3 player and I think he clearly deserved MVP over rose (well so did like five other guys). He simply isn't good enough on offense to be a #1 guy. I got kids on my rec team I coach with better post games.

In 20 years no one will think of Dwight as more than a dunk contest guy in an era of weak centers which is a bit of a joke.

Not even sure if Dwight is a top 25 center of all time.

Dwight really o ly had three WOW years as a top 5 player, the rest of his career he is just a run of the mill low tier all star that has little competition at his position.

Mikan
Duncan
Thurmond
Moses
Hakeem
Shaq
Lucas
Reed
Unseld
Bellamy
Wilt
Russell
Walton
Robinson
Yao
Zo
Lucas
Ewing
McAdoo
Hayes
Schayes
Mutumbo
Cowens
Pau

That's 24 just off the top of my head of guys I'd take over dwight.

If Dwight was drafted in 1985-1990 he would be looked at then the same way people look at deron Williams career. A bunch of all stars but only one or two years where he was in contention for best at his position.

Current Dwight really hasn't provided any boost to the Rockets over 2013 Asik which probably suggests negative things for his level of impact. I think shutupandjam has a RAPM estimate up which has him out of the top 20 this year as well. It's hard to try to determine how much credit for that historic (considering the absolute shit supporting cast) defense of that Magic team should go to him and and how much should go to SVG since Dwight has had to play with a horrible defensive supporting cast since then and SVG hasn't coached since then. Hopefully Dwight gets some better teammates and coaches defensively and SVG will coach again to see who deserves more credit.

I think it's still Dwight and that "only" providing the defensive impact Asik did is pretty great (especially since Dwight is somehow much less of a cancer than Asik...) though. It's just that the Rockets aren't any better offensively with him which doesn't make sense since Asik was below-average to well below average offensively.

Parker is just coming back to earth after starting the year impossibly hot on jumpers. He was at 48% from three and 52% from midrange to start the year which is impossible to sustain.

Vahagn

Current Dwight really hasn't provided any boost to the Rockets over 2013 Asik which probably suggests negative things for his level of impact. I think shutupandjam has a RAPM estimate up which has him out of the top 20 this year as well. It's hard to try to determine how much credit for that historic (considering the absolute shit supporting cast) defense of that Magic team should go to him and and how much should go to SVG since Dwight has had to play with a horrible defensive supporting cast since then and SVG hasn't coached since then. Hopefully Dwight gets some better teammates and coaches defensively and SVG will coach again to see who deserves more credit.

I think it's still Dwight and that "only" providing the defensive impact Asik did is pretty great (especially since Dwight is somehow much less of a cancer than Asik...) though. It's just that the Rockets aren't any better offensively with him which doesn't make sense since Asik was below-average to well below average offensively.

Parker is just coming back to earth after starting the year impossibly hot on jumpers. He was at 48% from three and 52% from midrange to start the year which is impossible to sustain.

Have you seen Dwight play "offense"? That makes perfect sense.

linsivvi

What? Dwight has been great. Injuries and shooting woes are what's hurting the Rockets.

Does not compute.

Your 3 best players played 35, 36 and 41 games out of 41 respectively.

Grizzlies, Clippers and Thunder. Those are the Western Conference teams that should talk about injuries.

And shooting woes will happen as long as teams stick to this new age 3, layup and free throw offense, which more and more teams are running these days. 24 teams average 20 or more 3 point attempts, as compared to 3 teams 10 years ago.

Does not compute.

Your 3 best players played 35, 36 and 41 games out of 41 respectively.

Grizzlies, Clippers and Thunder. Those are the Western Conference teams that should talk about injuries.

LOLZ. We've had players miss a combined 84 games, have zero back up C, missing our only perimeter defender and starting point guard, and the bench can't shoot or guard anybody. Just cause James and Chandler have been playing doesn't mean they are healthy and they log a ton of minutes due to lack of depth.

Despite all that, we're 11 games over .500 in the west, with the fourth youngest team and three new starters this year .I think we'll be alright.

Good to see most of you guys are on board with how limited Dwight is. And with his age, he only going to decline, the peak already came and went.

Pkaz01

Sleeved jersey night for the suns? These things need to go away they are fucking ugly especially the all star game ones

Smokey

Dwight has played pretty well this year. It's just when the rockets play in tnt he sucks for whatever reason. Then the TNT cast goes in on him and everybody follows and says he sucks.

linsivvi

LOLZ. We've had players miss a combined 84 games, have zero back up C, missing our only perimeter defender and starting point guard, and the bench can't shoot or guard anybody. Just cause James and Chandler have been playing doesn't mean they are healthy and they log a ton of minutes due to lack of depth.

Despite all that, we're 11 games over .500 in the west, with the fourth youngest team and three new starters this year .I think we'll be alright.

Oh noez we're missing our backup center. Cry me a river. The teams I cited lost their best or 2nd best player for a significant period of time.

And who said the Rockets wouldn't be alright? I am just laughing at you crying injuries when there are teams out there whose season is totally destroyed due to injuries.

linsivvi

I'm OK with this. Houston will probably finish 5th, I'd be perfectly happy if we get the 4 seed.

First your coach will have to stop playing Durant 40 mins and realize that there are some games they just can't win without Westbrook. Take a page from the Spurs and just make sure he is not exhausted/injured going into the playoffs.

I'm interested to see how Embiid comes over to help against Smart. Smart is the Harden of college with how ruthless and shameless he is in his flopping while Embiid has struggled with fouling and has gotten really pissed at opponents the last couple of games. He's going to have to really work to avoid getting fouls and flagrants against Smart's playstyle.

Top Bottom