• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yep, I hate him even more...

tumblr_mes36wlc851qbcs46o1_400.gif

No, they barely even know how to feed Howard the ball in the post. Team doesn't even run plays correctly out of TO's when McFail draws up shit off his board he must have stolen from Gary Kubiak.

What was worse is I barely saw Howard and Harden on the court at the same time during the 2nd half. I mean common sense would say you want Harden to drive the lane and pass it to Howard for an easy basket right?

Listening Mchale during the post game. He says they didn't have to room to run but at the interview during the interview at the beginning of the 2nd half he said he wanted to slow the game down.... WTF.....

I'm not even a Rockets fan but man....

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
No, they barely even know how to feed Howard the ball in the post. Team doesn't even run plays correctly out of TO's when McFail draws up shit off his board he must have stolen from Gary Kubiak.
This is, for me, one of the most frustrating fact about this team; especially since I'm used to watch the Grizzlies throwing very efficient entry passes to ZBo and Gasol in the block. It's like day and night.

Smokey

the team just got shit on in every aspect in the 2nd half and they spend 10 minutes shitting on dwight. nothing on mchale. i guess because he used to work with them.

rockets are 25-15 mchale not going anywhere. we need a season sabotage on the level of the Texans to get him out of here

Smokey

The Rockets are comfortable with James Harden and Dwight Howard leading the way, but appear not to see themselves as a true championship contender until a third star emerges.

In candid comments found near the bottom of a new Sports Illustrated feature story on Houston’s Chandler Parsons, general manager Daryl Morey makes his priorities clear and details three routes for the team to succeed in his quest.

“We feel very comfortable that our two top players are what we need to be a championship team,” said Morey, speaking to SI‘s Ian Thomsen. “And we do need someone to step into that third role. We don’t have our third-best player on a championship team yet, and we need one of younger guys to develop into that — or potentially make an addition, whether it be this year or in free agency this offseason.”

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/5972/morey-rockets-lack-third-best-player-championship-team/

kevin love

thekad

Banned
the team just got shit on in every aspect in the 2nd half and they spend 10 minutes shitting on dwight. nothing on mchale. i guess because he used to work with them.

rockets are 25-15 mchale not going anywhere. we need a season sabotage on the level of the Texans to get him out of here
This is why I wanted them to flail out of the playoff race last year for the second time in a row. Unfortunately that 8th seed and McHale were probably big reasons we got Dwight.

But now it's time to cut the cord.

Emwitus

This is, for me, one of the most frustrating fact about this team; especially since I'm used to watch the Grizzlies throwing very efficient entry passes to ZBo and Gasol in the block. It's like day and night.
Haha its like yall didn't see Dwight in the Lakers. He wont do squat even with any touches
. His perkins popsicle anyway

giri

Apparently Love can't defend. Is it true?

He can't. And neither can perk. So together they magnify their terribleness. There's not athleticism on their front court, so there's no shot blocking or weak side help at all, or the threat of it.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Haha its like yall didn't see Dwight in the Lakers. He wont do squat even with any touches
. His perkins popsicle anyway
Forget his season with the LA Tankers. He was probably fed properly in the block in Orlando.

McHail keeps saying that feeding the big man in the post is a lost art, but the Grizz does it all the fucking time. I don't get it.

Zep

Banned
I don't think you realize how good Kevin Love is and even then the contracts don't match up at all and the Rockets would have to gut their team to pull the trade off.

Kevin Love is the best losing player in the league, I'll give you that.

I agree, if anything Lin will be gone on his contract year on a trade so Parsons can get that extension money.

The rockets really need a decent backup PG though whenever Harden is on the bench.

Why are Howard's teammates always blamed for his lack of offensive skills? Face it, he is not a scorer and can only dominate physically overmatched bigs..

To play devil's advocate during the times I do see him get the ball it's often he's passed to pretty quickly while he's still quite a bit away from the paint. Hell I saw him get passed to while he was at least a good 6-7 ft outside the paint tonight.

I think it's partially his lack of post up skills and partially just bad passes to him.

Cloudy

Banned
Hell I saw him get passed to while he was at least a good 6-7 ft outside the paint tonight.

6-7 feet away from the paint? Oh noes!

Come on man, he is a max player. Get a face-up game or something.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Why are Howard's teammates always blamed for his lack of offensive skills? Face it, he is not a scorer and can only dominate physically overmatched bigs..

Do you even really watch the Rockets games Konex or just watch to troll Howard/Harden and look for any moment to bash them? None of them even know how to feed him the ball when hes pinned his man under the basket calling for the ball. Ive watched Houston bigs all my damn life and this team is the worst at post entry passes and it is not all on Howards limited post moves.

I'm aware of Howards shortcomings on O, but there is plenty of blame to be found with his teammates and the coaching staff.

How about all those sweet ft's by Durant tonight. How about you bash that bs like you bash Harden's bs.

Cloudy

Banned
Do you even really watch the Rockets games Konex or just watch to troll Howard/Harden and look for any moment to bash them? None of them even know how to feed him the ball when hes pinned his man under the basket calling for the ball. Ive watched Houston bigs all my damn life and this team is the worst at post entry passes and it is not all on Howards limited post moves.

I'm aware of Howards shortcomings on O, but there is plenty of blame to be found with his teammates and the coaching staff.

I'm not saying his teammates are perfect. The fact is he's just not good on offense unless he's playing under-sized bigs. Freaking Nash and Kobe were blamed for not getting him the ball and both are elite at feeding bigs. At some point, Dwight has to look in the mirror of just focus on defense.

I just don't see how Houston isn't bounced in rd 1 if they finish 5th or lower.

How about all those sweet ft's by Durant tonight. How about you bash that bs like you bash Harden's bs.

I think the calls he gets are a joke as well. It'll be disgusting to see him win MVP based off that shit. LMA for MVP

I'm not saying his teammates are perfect. The fact is he's just not good on offense unless he's playing under-sized bigs. I just don't see how Houston isn't bounced in rd 1 if they finish 5th or lower.

I think the calls he gets are a joke as well. It'll be disgusting to see him win MVP based off that shit. LMA for MVP

The same BS calls that all superstars get like Kobe?

exarkun

Matrix, we aren't that bad with the post passes. Its mostly Harden and AB, Lin and Parson's aren't bad. Though its troubling that Parsons is probably the best out of that bunch.

Mchale shows signs of not being a complete dumbass some games, and then shit like this happens. Why bring Garcia in when its apparent that he's useless if Durant isnt sitting. Why let AB play what seemed like forever in the second half when it was clear he was over dribbling, making too many errant passes, and taking bad threes. Why are we going back to the bad habit of pump faking, getting into the lane, and instead of taking the so-so shot 6 feet from the basket we either dump it to the guy down low or kick out for the three. In the first instance, it results in a clusterfuck against a good defensive team since now 6-7 guys are standing around the basket looking at the guy with the ball (happened tonight). The second instance, the Rockets end up taking either a rushed shot, a shot with a defender almost in their face, or its wide open (the second half was full of the first two). Just take the fucking first shot in the lane. Thats considered a pretty decent shot.

And Parson's isn't going anywhere. Morey and Les have already said hes getting paid. He did the whole dwight thing for them, switched agents for them, etc. Is Parson's not putting up decent enough numbers, playing good enough D, to be the third best player on a championship team? Hes not a superstar, but hes a star/very very good role player.

Top Bottom