• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

Emwitus

Jabari is looking amazing so far. I hope Jimbo doesn't draft Thabeet.0

I'm having second thoughts on klove but eh

Rondo moving nicely too. Stevens is gonna lead us to Wiggins.

zVpuzMN.png

I don't understand.

Read this:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-rudy-gay-principle/

giri

zVpuzMN.png

I don't understand.

He's been relegated to a true 3rd option.

It seems to have helped him score more in the flow. It's DMC, IT, Gay/Thornton/JT

Rudys had good stretches before though, but, IT has been good at not letting rudy try and "run the offense" (aka iso straight away).

Also, just quietly, Eric Gordon is putting together a good comeback season. It's good. It's not brilliant, not amazing. Just good. Hope he continues to stay healthy and get better.

jjasper

Part of Gay's problem in Memphis was Hollins was a complete dumbass and called for and fucking encouraged Gay to run isos. The year of his injury was when he was his best. He learned over the summer playing for team USA to play within an offense and was doing that. Then after he came back he went all iso all the time because Zach got hurt and when Zach came back he never went back to playing within the offense and Hollins had no idea how to run a play for him other than iso and one where he would cut the baseline and Marc would feed him.

giri

why is there a constant advertisement on the Kings telecast to vote DMC to the ASG?

Your question answered it self? To vote him to the ASG.

Part of Gay's problem in Memphis was Hollins was a complete dumbass and called for and fucking encouraged Gay to run isos. The year of his injury was when he was his best. He learned over the summer playing for team USA to play within an offense and was doing that. Then after he came back he went all iso all the time because Zach got hurt and when Zach came back he never went back to playing within the offense and Hollins had no idea how to run a play for him other than iso and one where he would cut the baseline and Marc would feed him.

Yeah, there were tons of possessions with Gay handling the ball from the 18 second mark on wards, on the shot clock.

On the kings so far, when Rudy has just tried to straight up call an ISO like that, IT has waived him off. So far. We'll see where it ends up. But i think the Kings are determined to make DMC the #1 option.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Lakers win and the celts lose to arguably the 2 worst teams in a row. Like I said, Danny needs to make at least 1 more move to guarantee a bottom 5 finish, but we survived this tough 2 game stretch.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
What do think that move should be? Getting rid of Jeff Green? Rondo? or both?

Honestly? Both. Rondo is fine, I wouldn't be devastated if they kept him, considering I think they have a few good pieces going forward, and if they got a stud in the draft he could move the ball around to these guys, and hopefully Danny would pick up a few FA in the meantime to make them competitive. The other train of thought with Rondo is that he'll have more value if we play him out this year then trade him in the offseason to make a big splash in the draft, which I'm completely ok with as well. I don't think the guy is a corner stone player, he runs an offense fine, but he's a liability on defense and his offensive game has never really developed.

Jeff Green however is no questions asked get rid of him to me. He's overpaid and he'll never become anything more than he is right now. He's been given the reigns to the team this year, and they looked to him as the scorer, and yet he still can't put up numbers any better than what he did in his second year in the league. He's about as streaky as they get, and he crushes under pressure... hell he did tonight thankfully when he missed the free throw that would've put them ahead late. I don't know what his value really is, but I'd take anything for the guy, drop his contract and move on. In the short term yeah he makes this team better, but only because they're terrible, and they shouldn't want to be good this year.

The only nasty contract they have left after moving Courtney, dumping terry in the trade, and buying out Bogans (rumored at least), is Wallace, which I'm not sure they could move. I don't want them to use the stretch on him, because why deal with that during a rebuild phase? That being said I'd be happy about moving Bass, he can provide some valuable minutes somewhere else in the league, but he's no good for this team given by the time they're competitive again he'll be over the hill, and as it is he has a bad knee. Moving humphries would also be nice and I'd imagine fairly easy, given his production to this point in the year and the fact that his contract is expiring.

All of this puts together a perfect shit storm for tanking, and they wouldn't even need to trade Rondo to do it (although I would.)

edit- The only player I really can't see value in moving is KO, I see a ton of potential in the guy. I also don't think trading Pressey would be of any value either. I think he'll develop into a damn good backup PG. The only reason I would be ok moving Sullinger is because of his weight. His back got hurt for a reason, and if he can't get his fitness up he won't last long in a league that's predicated on athleticism.

Fjordson

Anyone else see Andre Iguodala's tweets about Richard Sherman's postgame interview tonight? Dayum. I love Iggy and dislike the Seahawks, but I think he's bit too fired up here.

Is Portland the best team in the NBA if they are able to sustain this shooting heading into the playoffs?

I'm just blown away by how good they are

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I was thinking that LaMarcus should win POTW with his 29.3PPG and 14.3RPG with wins against CLE, @SAS, and @DAL, but then I remembered Durant's crazy ass week: 39.3PPG on 56.5FG%, 40 3PT% and 6.5APG in a 3-1 week.

The West is too fucking good.

Knicks-West

Means they'll win 2 games in the 2nd round.

Trying too hard. Nobody besides people with herpes is buying that. Although I'll take 2 second round wins and pop bottles.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I was thinking that LaMarcus should win POTW with his 29.3PPG and 14.3RPG with wins against CLE, @SAS, and @DAL, but then I remembered Durant's crazy ass week: 39.3PPG on 56.5FG%, 40 3PT% and 6.5APG in a 3-1 week.

The West is too fucking good.

Trying too hard. Nobody besides people with herpes is buying that. Although I'll take 2 second round wins and pop bottles.
I bet you will.

Is Portland the best team in the NBA if they are able to sustain this shooting heading into the playoffs?

I'm just blown away by how good they are

Probably at least a WCF appearance at this rate, but the team is 1 injury away from another 1st round exit.

Olshey needs to somehow get spencer hawes for our table scraps and rent bynum for a $20 bill and a 6 pack of michelob. trob + freeland + meyers isn't gonna cut it in the west. Then again, kendrick fuckin perkins starts for OKC, so maybe there's hope?

SOME kind of injury insurance would help. Maybe getting wright more involved in the rotation will get him hot again.

Top Bottom