• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

tumblr_ljvtzjEz4m1qbuo1zo1_500.gif

New CBA vindicated?

Team values would have been high regardless. The owners successfully bamboozled the dumbass players by playing the poorhouse card.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I never said that durant wasn't their best player. Worrying about westbrook freezing out durant is not a big problem. It's his scoring because of brook's offensive system that they need him more than anything else.
just because I want to see it again...

bestbrook.gif

AcridMeat

Banned
Catching up on angry Knicks fan videos so much gold.

I can't believe the FDKnicks keep topping themselves. What the fuck was Bargs thinking on that dunk attempt?

Also I love that YNB gif so fucking much.

Poor Knicks letting Turner go off.

Curious to know what the fans want. Rebuild around Melo? Let him go? Trade now?

If I were a Knicks fan, I'd be demanding they somehow dump Bargs, JR, Felton, Prigioni, Kenyan Martin, and Metta World Peace.

You can build a winner around Melo/Chandler/Shump, but it can't include players that are equal parts dumb, tech prone, selfish, and inefficient. The Knicks had one of the worst offseasons in basketball (-Novak, Copeland, and Kidd 3pt shooting, -Camby and Kurt Thomas leadership, + washed up headcase Metta and his terrible offense, + Bargnani and his terrible everything, doubling down on 3 more years of JR fuckery) yet still came into the season with expectations.

No one is taking that Amare contract obviously. But the entire locker room is filled with basketball cancers, and they need to clean house. Signing guys who are friends with Melo is a mistake, he doesn't know how to build a team. And trading draft picks for guys with a rep like Bargs is almost unforgivable, he'll never be a key piece on a winning team.

linsivvi

If I were a Knicks fan, I'd be demanding they somehow dump Bargs, JR, Felton, Prigioni, Kenyan Martin, and Metta World Peace.

You can build a winner around Melo/Chandler/Shump, but it can't include players that are equal parts dumb, tech prone, selfish, and inefficient. The Knicks had one of the worst offseasons in basketball (-Novak, Copeland, and Kidd 3pt shooting, -Camby and Kurt Thomas leadership, + washed up headcase Metta and his terrible offense, + Bargnani and his terrible everything, doubling down on 3 more years of JR fuckery) yet still came into the season with expectations.

No one is taking that Amare contract obviously. But the entire locker room is filled with basketball cancers, and they need to clean house. Signing guys who are friends with Melo is a mistake, he doesn't know how to build a team. And trading draft picks for guys with a rep like Bargs is almost unforgivable, he'll never be a key piece on a winning team.

Prigioni, MWP, Kenyon Martin get paid for peanuts. Their contracts don't matter. At this point you can keep them at the end of the bench and they'd just be happy to be on a payroll.

Bargnani and Amare combined for $35M next season. You can never build a winner with these two eating up half of your cap when they should be on minimum contracts at best.

There's no way they're going to have enough time and money to do a complete rebuild around Melo and Chandler before those guys leave their prime or Melo's contract starts crippling their cap.

There's no way they're going to have enough time and money to do a complete rebuild around Melo and Chandler before those guys leave their prime or Melo's contract starts crippling their cap.

If you're the Knicks and you accept that reality, then you trade them both now for picks, young talent, and cap relief.

That was an enjoyable game, San Antonio has a nice stadium, good atmosphere. I started the game in the upper deck and spent the second half 13 rows from the court on the OKC bench side. Got into some Heat discussions with an OKC fan I was sitting next too, good people. Those two threes by Durant at the end was nasty. Spurs were super sloppy.

And I don't want to hear anymore complaining about people getting to stadiums late, this arena was half empty till the middle of the second. They have no traffic excuse, the arena is in the middle of nowhere, I got in and out with no traffic at all.

I'm from San Antonio and you are wrong about the traffic getting to the stadium. Most of the fans are coming down the 281 south corridor which is a good 35 minutes to an hour because of bottlenecks at that time. In addition, the game started at 7, instead of 730. And the arena is in the ghetto. Sure, if you're living around the downtown area it's literally 5 minutes to the arena, otherwise it's gonna take awhile. And I'm not defending Spurs fans here, I hate the Spurs' and what they represent, but I've had season tickets before and gave em up simply because the traffic and time spent going back and forth wasn't worth it.

Spike Lee can now talk about his beloved New York Knicks, or any other basketball topic, all he wants.
The director and passionate Knicks fan will host a show on SiriusXM NBA Radio beginning next week, discussing topics from around the league.

"Spike Lee's Best Seat in the House" debuts Jan. 30 at 7 p.m. EST on Channel 217 and will air every other week, featuring guests from both the sports and entertainment worlds.
the man knows his NBA basketball and has an immense number of sports and celebrity contacts to call on. Im not even a Knicks fan and Im stoked for this shit.

Jeff-DSA

I just saw Bargs' dunk attempt against the Sixers when he almost injured himself and the entire Sixers team. No man in NBA history had hope of finishing that dunk, yet he just figured that he'd go for it. Someone needs to take that video, slow it down, and add in the SportsCenter theme song with the big collision happening with the duh-duh-duh duh-duh-duh ending.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
RT @tomhaberstroh: This past week: Kevin Durant, 202 points on 111 shots; Memphis Grizzlies, 183 points on 152 shots; Denver Nuggets, 212 points on 174 shots.

BUT LEBRON

RT @tomhaberstroh: This past week: Kevin Durant, 202 points on 111 shots; Memphis Grizzlies, 183 points on 152 shots; Denver Nuggets, 212 points on 174 shots.

BUT LEBRON
That's a pretty horrible stat. It just shows that his overall efficiency is better than 2 inefficient teams. He's been great, but surely there are better comparisons to be made.

BUT LEBRON
....doesn't shoot as much as Durant?
....is already a 4 time regular season MVP?
...... has won 7 straight games against KD?
That's a pretty horrible stat. It just shows that his overall efficiency is better than 2 inefficient teams. He's been great, but surely there are better comparisons to be made.
The fact that his singular raw numbers can match with whole teams says enough as it is. The fact that he's doing it at such an efficient clip makes it ridiculous.

reilo

He averaged 1.81 points per possession that week. That stat alone is otherworldly. And if he ever steps his freethrows up just by a notch (88.2%), he'll be pulling in a 50-40-90 season on 31PPG. That's gotta go down as one of the best (the best?) offensive productions of all time.

No, it shows that he's single-handedly outscored two entire teams, neither of which are bottom-feeders. No biggie tho.

Jeff-DSA

He averaged 1.81 points per possession that week. That stat alone is otherworldly. And if he ever steps his freethrows up just by a notch (88.2%), he'll be pulling in a 50-40-90 season on 31PPG. That's gotta go down as one of the best (the best?) offensive productions of all time.

I'm too lazy to look. What are his FTs per game average compared to LBJ?

reilo

I mean, Durant just averaged 40PPG in 5 straight games on 60FG%, but hey, let's dismiss it like it's no thang.

I'm too lazy to look. What are his FTs per game average compared to LBJ?

Last 5? 12FTA. Lebron has 3 seasons of averaging 10FTA+, so that argument doesn't hold.

The Thunder are a +8.3 SRS team (compared to +4.0 for the Heat) with Durant's best teammates being Serge Ibaka and Reggie Jackson. Going by WS/48, Durant is having the best statistical season in at least 40 years (probably ever since Kareem's numbers don't include turnovers or defensive stats) as well. LeBron is an incredible player and has deserved all of his MVPs and more, but there's not really an argument for him being the most valuable player of this regular season.

Jeff-DSA

I mean, Durant just averaged 40PPG in 5 straight games on 60FG%, but hey, let's dismiss it like it's no thang.

Last 5? 12FTA. Lebron has 3 seasons of averaging 10FTA+, so that argument doesn't hold.

Not an argument, just a pre-emptive strike for those who would bring it up.

The Thunder are a +8.3 SRS team (compared to +4.0 for the Heat) with Durant's best teammates being Serge Ibaka and Reggie Jackson. Going by WS/48, Durant is having the best statistical season in at least 40 years (probably ever since Kareem's numbers don't include turnovers or defensive stats) as well. LeBron is an incredible player and has deserved all of his MVPs and more, but there's not really an argument for him being the most valuable player of this regular season.
I don't think anybodie's arguing for Lebron at this point. The Heat are pretty much underachieving/coasting and Lebron is playing good but not his usual great.

It's KD at this point but it could always change.

That Tomb Raider thread is catching so many bodies.

How Smokey got himself into an argument about a game being sold for 60 dollars just for adding high res textures is beyond me.

exarkun

I hate it when people say the Heat are coasting. The heat aren't coasting, they are just losing when their second/third best player is sitting. Coasting is an insult to the teams they play. If its against Eastern teams maybe saying coasting is allowed since everyone is coasting against most of the East, but if its against most of the Western conferences that shit is called taking an L.

I hate it when people say the Heat are coasting. The heat aren't coasting, they are just losing when their second/third best player is sitting. Coasting is an insult to the teams they play. If its against Eastern teams maybe saying coasting is allowed since everyone is coasting against most of the East, but if its against most of the Western conferences that shit is called taking an L.
except that their record against the west is significantly better than their record against the east

You can hate whatever you want but it's pretty blatantly obvious that this team is sandbagging yet another regular season. Team is barely even playing defense at this point. It's the same shit as last year, they get up for big statement games and shit like last year with the random streak but other than that, there's a stark contrast between the effort applied in the regular season vs the playoffs.

It's coasting, sorry....

fertygo

Like every other season, one of crappy miami role player will taking turn for shooting 80% in each game to help their 3 superstar get 16 win in playoff.

That's why miami fan not worried at all, their team only have little luck for winning game.

It's not like the same exact thing happened last year. Not like players have come out and said they don't give it all they have every night. Even our owner is hip to the game.

Its whatever though, at this point there's no need to convince people who can't see the obvious.

yeah we already know that our role players are inconsistent. now, if they continue sucking this way all into the beginning of april, then obviously I'm worried. but we know already there will be stretches in the tournament when 2 guys are fucking shit but that's when supercool is going to come to the rescue and bring home a 4th franchise trophy

yeah we already know that our role players are inconsistent. now, if they continue sucking this way all into the beginning of april, then obviously I'm worried. but we know already there will be stretches in the tournament when 2 guys are fucking shit but that's when supercool is going to come to the rescue and bring home a 4th franchise trophy

This is what us Laker fans told ourselves in 2011 (actually, I already doubted 4 finals in a row at the time and said as much here, but many did not).

Your team is old and wearing down. Embrace it.

I really hope Dragic can get a spot on the All-Star team...particularly over a guy like Tony Parker...though admittedly I have a little bias against him.

exarkun

I just think its disingenuous to believe that a team can coast in the NBA. They've shown the ability to ramp up the intensity before, thats true, but the role players on a team need consistency to keep the level of their play at a standard that can be depended on night in and night out.

Im not even hating, I believe the Heat will make the conference finals, maybe beat the Pacers, and maybe even win the whole thing. But its not healthy for the team to be like *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink* we're coasting and have the media buy into it. And I still refuse to believe that any team, even with three superstars on it, can coast and win a championship.

Top Bottom