• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

Fuck you NBA top 10 for ignoring this.

e10cd7064c5919f3649edafd2e720f38.gif

Emwitus

It's not like the same exact thing happened last year. Not like players have come out and said they don't give it all they have every night. Even our owner is hip to the game.

Its whatever though, at this point there's no need to convince people who can't see the obvious.
Did they not win thirty straight games last year?

Isn't "coasting" usually reserved for great teams on a 45-55 win trajectory, not a 60 win pace? Isn't it a much more logical explanation that the Heat simply aren't as dominant this year compared to last, largely due to Wade missing as many games as he did all of last year?

Isn't "coasting" usually reserved for great teams on a 45-55 win trajectory, not a 60 win pace? Isn't it a much more logical explanation that the Heat simply aren't as dominant this year compared to last, largely due to Wade missing as many games as he did all of last year?

Yea ,they got to cope somehow ; )

exarkun

If we had given Dragic the contract he wanted (which wasnt much more than Jeremy got), the Rox would be beastly. Dragic-Harden-Parsons-T-Money-Howard would be nasty. Dragic would be a much better pairing with Harden than Lin, and he plays good enough D that we wouldnt have to watch Beverly struggle every other night with his offense. And Mchale actually loved him, which maybe could save us from the Mchale brainfarts mid to late games since he would let Dragic do the game management.

But then you could argue theyd never have gotten Asik, etc. But its a nice thought.

giri

If we had given Dragic the contract he wanted (which wasnt much more than Jeremy got), the Rox would be beastly. Dragic-Harden-Parsons-T-Money-Howard would be nasty. Dragic would be a much better pairing with Harden than Lin, and he plays good enough D that we wouldnt have to watch Beverly struggle every other night with his offense. And Mchale actually loved him, which maybe could save us from the Mchale brainfarts mid to late games since he would let Dragic do the game management.

But then you could argue theyd never have gotten Asik, etc. But its a nice thought.

Eh, not so sure. Dragic was supposedly interested in coming back to PHX. Probably would have cost you a bit more to keep him.

But he's returned every bit of faith people have put in him this year. Playing so damn well.

This is what us Laker fans told ourselves in 2011 (actually, I already doubted 4 finals in a row at the time and said as much here, but many did not).

Your team is old and wearing down. Embrace it.

Well last year things could have gone either way a lot. I'm assuming it's the same this year. But a lot will depend on Wade in my opinion

I liked sleeved jerseys, I think they can potentially make jerseys more mainstream and make it so I don't feel like a d-bag for wearing one as a fan (soccer jerseys are pretty awesome in this regard), I just want someone other than Adidas to design them. They have lost their goddamn mind.

giri

I liked sleeved jerseys, I think they can potentially make jerseys more mainstream and make it so I don't feel like a d-bag for wearing one as a fan (soccer jerseys are pretty awesome in this regard), I just want someone other than Adidas to design them. They have lost their goddamn mind.
Nope. Soccer jerseys are still bad. It's like wearing a Ferrari jacket. Nope.

exarkun

Nope. Soccer jerseys are still bad. It's like wearing a Ferrari jacket. Nope.

Psssh hell not it isnt. Chelsea 4 life!

That Brooklyn sleeved is actually nice, if it isnt over 50 I'd buy it.

Forever, I don't think Woodson is a bad coach. He did wonders with a badly put together Hawks team. Its not his fault he had to make everyone switch because everyone outside of Shump was getting blown up on screens like they stepped on land mines. If he gets fired, Mchale pick his ass upppp. Make him your defensive assistant coach.

I liked sleeved jerseys, I think they can potentially make jerseys more mainstream and make it so I don't feel like a d-bag for wearing one as a fan (soccer jerseys are pretty awesome in this regard),

I kind of feel like the giant advertisements on the front of soccer jerseys nullifies any coolness they have. 90% of the world just thinks you really fucking love Qatar Airways or Novotel.

Knicks winning streak coming up.

You kid, but all the numbers show the starting him beside Chandler was killing them. I bet they do improve.

Forever

Banned
Forever, I don't think Woodson is a bad coach. He did wonders with a badly put together Hawks team. Its not his fault he had to make everyone switch because everyone outside of Shump was getting blown up on screens like they stepped on land mines. If he gets fired, Mchale pick his ass upppp. Make him your defensive assistant coach.

It's the Knicks fans who are calling for his head. Personally I think he's just a Dolan stooge who may or may not have once been a competent coach, but is now more interested in keeping his job than in actually coaching well.

Even D'antoni had the dignity to get out of town after he realized what he had gotten himself into.

You kid, but all the numbers show the starting him beside Chandler was killing them. I bet they do improve.

Their next four games are Bobcats Celtics Lakers Cavs.

If they manage to lose all of those without Bargs I'll be impressed.

MVP

Banned
So he is like Lebron in Cleveland, except way better?

No, Lebron in Cleveland playing alone led them to The Finals. Durant playing alone in OKC gets swept in the semis against the team that then got beat by the team that the Lebron-led Heat clobbered in the Finals.

BUT BUT BUT KD THO

W5fdS.gif

Zep

Banned
I kind of feel like the giant advertisements on the front of soccer jerseys nullifies any coolness they have. 90% of the world just thinks you really fucking love Qatar Airways or Novotel.

Knowing the NBA, they would have two versions(one with, one without ads) and just charge a premium if you don't wanna walk around as a verizon wireless billboard.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Man, those formidable Wizards and Hawks teams of the past. Lebron in Cleveland had it so rough.

Zep

Banned
No, Lebron in Cleveland playing alone led them to The Finals. Durant playing alone in OKC gets swept in the semis against the team that then got beat by the team that the Lebron-led Heat clobbered in the Finals.

BUT BUT BUT KD THO

I know you're just a dipshit troll, but the fact that you ignore the "Lebron-led Cavs" got swept in the Finals is hilarious.

MVP

Banned
I know you're just a dipshit troll, but the fact that you ignore the "Lebron-led Cavs" got swept in the Finals is hilarious.

That's because it's irrelevant, the KD-led Thunder got swept in the semis. The Lebron-led Cavs knocked off the 1 seed Pistons, the Lebron-led Cavs won 66 games, the KD-led Thunder haven't done a damn thing yet, but in today's NBA apparently followed by a bunch of casual "dipshit" NBA viewers like yourself, I guess that's good enough to win you an MVP. Dipshit.

Top Bottom