• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

That's because it's irrelevant, the KD-led Thunder got swept in the semis. The Lebron-led Cavs knocked off the 1 seed Pistons, the Lebron-led Cavs won 66 games, the KD-led Thunder haven't done a damn thing yet, but in today's NBA apparently followed by a bunch of casual "dipshit" NBA viewers like yourself, I guess that's good enough to win you an MVP. Dipshit.

That Cavs team wouldn't win 60 games in The West.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dwight was robbed

No he wasn't.

The league really needs to have some sort of mechanism in place to make sure guys who miss games aren't eligible to be voted on at all. It's always embarrassing seeing guys like Kobe get voted in by the fans, just creates the impression that most fans don't even know whats going on in the league right now.

BetDhowCUAAkTZS.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I think the real question is why do people hate John Wall? Can't even crack the National team roster and doesn't get voted in by fans for the ASG.

Laker GAF, I still want you to know that I will not watch tonight's game.My boycott is still in effect.

I can not support this as a fan. After 28 years as a fan, I am looking to adopt another team for now. Perhaps the Clippers :/ God I hate the clippers.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I could care less if Howard plays in the all-star game ( Now I don't have to worry about a fluke injury). When players who don't play get voted in (Kobe) or the first couple of years when Yao was starting and didn't deserve it...

It's a joke.

That West starting lineup is hilarious.

Griffin starting over Aldridge LOL

Love a center smh

I didn't even bother to look at the East's.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Would really like to see Cousins get a reserve nod. Dude deserves it.

I actually agree, though could he even play now. Any update on his ankle? that sprain looked bad.

Matrix

No center league.

Fuck this shit lol

Would really like to see Cousins get a reserve nod. Dude deserves it.

There are 4 more front court options. Who would you bump to get him in?

Potential all-stars in the west among bigs

Duncan
LMA
David Lee
Zbo
Dwight Howard
Anthony Davis
Dirk

Personally, I think D12 and LMA are locks. Dirk should be there as should be AD. Cousins should be above Zbo and has a case against Lee and maaaaaaybe Duncan.

He's in the wrong conference on a losing team...

This is hilarious.

Previous seasons: Waaaah, the centers suck and shouldn't get in.

This season: Waaaaah. No centers!?

The fans got it mostly right. The only wrong call was Kobe for obvious reasons but it's the all-star game and he's the most popular player in the world, so it happens.

Everything else came out fine. None of the other players are underserving of being an all-star in their conference and at that point, the fans get to decide who they want to see playing for entertainment purposes.

Stop whining about an exhibition game.

thekad

Banned
Should be:

Curry/Harden/Durant/Love/Aldridge v Lowry/Wade/George/Lebron/Hibbert

Aldridge gets narrative points to put him over Dwight and Blake.

Zep

Banned
There are 4 more front court options. Who would you bump to get him in?

Potential all-stars in the west among bigs

Duncan
LMA
David Lee
Zbo
Dwight Howard
Anthony Davis
Dirk

Personally, I think D12 and LMA are locks. Dirk should be there as should be AD. Cousins should be above Zbo and has a case against Lee and maaaaaaybe Duncan.

He's in the wrong conference on a losing team...

Agree with Dwight and LMA making it. After that its a toss-up. Dirk is having a decent year by his standards but that's really all his numbers are...decent on a ballclub sitting in the 8th seed.

Cousins and AD...I think you could flip a coin on this one. Both teams are terrible in the standings, yet have the same talent level around them. Cousins gives you a little more on the offensive side with his game, but with AD you're getting a little bit more in weakside defense.

Me personally, I would go Dwight, LMA, Cousins and Dirk. But again its a tossup between the two.

Matrix

It's funny.... I'm more pissed/or let me say annoyed that LMA is not starting more than anyone.

That's just bs.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'd say take Boogie and Anthony Davis and let the fans see more of those talents that aren't national. Obviously if Cousins can't play then put Dirk there.

If we're stuck with the shitty all star system we have. The fans speak with their starting 5s, the coaches should pick the legit all stars to fill it out. More exposure for small market teams should be a priority too IMO.

Agree with Dwight and LMA making it. After that its a toss-up. Dirk is having a decent year by his standards but that's really all his numbers are...decent on a ballclub sitting in the 8th seed.

Cousins and AD...I think you could flip a coin on this one. Both teams are terrible in the standings, yet have the same talent level around them. Cousins gives you a little more on the offensive side with his game, but with AD you're getting a little bit more in weakside defense.

Me personally, I would go Dwight, LMA, Cousins and Dirk. But again its a tossup between the two.

Dirk is having a very good season. He's not far from a 50/40/90 right now.

AD would have deserved a starting spot if he didn't get hurt for a time. AD is better offensively than cousins and it's not close. Much better shooting, better O-Rebounding, far less TOs, still scoring 20PPG. Davis has 1.2 more offensive win shares and played 6 less games...

I don't see why it matters if LMA starts or not. All that matters is he's an all-star. Let the starters be the people the fans want to see play more, it's a game for fans...

I always thought it would be best if the coaches picked all the players and the fans just chose the starters among that pool...

Top Bottom