• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
So who is your sleeper in the draft this year?

Mine is Kyle Anderson

ZZMitch

So as someone who doesn't follow NBA trading very closely, why are the Raps still looking to trade Lowry? He has been so amazing this year that I would be pretty devastated if he was traded...

Is it because he is a free agent this summer? Is there no way for the Raps to resign him before then (or are they too close to their cap for his asking price or something)?

giri

Our biggest problem is rebounding and I think we already passed on Asik. I remember reading an article by zach lowe on grantland talking about how we were in discussions with houston about trading frye to them in a 3 way that landed Asik somewhere else so it looks like we aren't interested in him or we could have gotten him already.

It would ideally be for Kevin Love but gasol could be a possibility as well.

Pau?

Not likely, he doesn't fit a running style system at all, particularly given his complaints. McD has also been chasing a relatively young all star player, he didn't really want 32+ one.

Marc's just not getting traded.

I have my misgivings about Love. How good the trade is would depend on the pieces that go / stay. Bledsoe/Dragic/Love is interesting. Not sure if its a contender though.

I'd actually feel bad for wolves fans though.

SoulClap

So as someone who doesn't follow NBA trading very closely, why are the Raps still looking to trade Lowry? He has been so amazing this year that I would be pretty devastated if he was traded...

Is it because he is a free agent this summer? Is there no way for the Raps to resign him before then (or are they too close to their cap for his asking price or something)?

The primary reason is that they don't want to risk losing him for nothing in free agency. I believe the team has cap space this summer too but they'd rather save it for a player that's more of a sure thing than Lowry.

ZZMitch

The primary reason is that they don't want to risk losing him for nothing in free agency. I believe the team has cap space this summer too but they'd rather save it for a player that's more of a sure thing than Lowry.

Ah I see. I guess this puts Masai in a tough spot because he probably doesn't want to trade a player doing as well as Lowry but also doesn't want to lose him for nothing (which would be very bad for the Raptors long term probably).

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
NBA Legion ‏@MySportsLegion
Kevin Durant has scored 40 points or more in six games this season....next closest player has two.

#GODLIKE

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Chris Palmer ‏@ChrisPalmerNBA
Kevin Durant (last 30 days): 54, 48, 48, 46, 41, 37, 37, 36, 36, 33, 33

Seriously, dude is on some shit right now, of the highest grade.

Pkaz01

Pau?

Not likely, he doesn't fit a running style system at all, particularly given his complaints. McD has also been chasing a relatively young all star player, he didn't really want 32+ one.

Marc's just not getting traded.

I have my misgivings about Love. How good the trade is would depend on the pieces that go / stay. Bledsoe/Dragic/Love is interesting. Not sure if its a contender though.

I'd actually feel bad for wolves fans though.

Well in this article it says he is open to trading for a vet that won't hurt the cap situation and Pau did fit the description. I think he is becoming more lenient on the young players only requirement as the trade deadline approaches and we get closer to making the playoffs. If its a vet who will be off the books come free agency time and can still help us I don't mind.

I think Love is a good fit but I agree about who we send out to get him.

What about Hayward jazz fans what's the situation like with him?

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm not seeing anywhere that Pek is confirmed on the all-star team.

I'd rather see Anthony Davis and DMC but the latter is injured right?

Chris Palmer ‏@ChrisPalmerNBA
Kevin Durant (last 30 days): 54, 48, 48, 46, 41, 37, 37, 36, 36, 33, 33

Seriously, dude is on some shit right now, of the highest grade.

I want to see other players who could score like this and analyze their hot months...I'd love to see if anyone has done this before. There's got to be a comparable month for other crazy scorers like Iverson, or Anthony, or Jordan, or King...right?

KD is just absurd.

Emwitus

I want to see other players who could score like this and analyze their hot months...I'd love to see if anyone has done this before. There's got to be a comparable month for other crazy scorers like Iverson, or Anthony, or Jordan, or King...right?

KD is just absurd.
Kobe
For consecutive, 50

diehard

Fleer

KD is just absurd.

at quick glance on Jordan's highest month:

38, 59, 29, 37, 40, 35, 28, 44, 47, 39, 26, 46

KD is just absurd.
KD is averaging 37 in January so far I think. On ruthless efficiency

Kobe averaged 43 in January 06 and 41 in Feb 03.

Jordan has averaged 39 in april 88,multiple 34/35/36 ppg months

Bron has had a 35ppg month

Tmac has averaged 37 in march 03

some others too.

giri

Well in this article it says he is open to trading for a vet that won't hurt the cap situation and Pau did fit the description. I think he is becoming more lenient on the young players only requirement as the trade deadline approaches and we get closer to making the playoffs. If its a vet who will be off the books come free agency time and can still help us I don't mind.

I think Love is a good fit but I agree about who we send out to get him.

What about Hayward jazz fans what's the situation like with him?

I think it was meant as in a vet for cap filler. i.e. they'd take on a contact that ran into next year, but not more than that.

It would seem like a waste to get nothing for that insured okafor contract now.

I wonder if the bulls would give up noah for okafor and a couple picks?

I think it was meant as in a vet for cap filler. i.e. they'd take on a contact that ran into next year, but not more than that.

It would seem like a waste to get nothing for that insured okafor contract now.

I wonder if the bulls would give up noah for okafor and a couple picks?
I think that might just kill Thibs.

Seriously though, has there ever been a team worse than this year's Bucks? Considering how many other Eastern teams are tanking, an 8-36 record is pretty difficult to pull off.

Top Bottom